Pricing on a Used 2009 John Deere X300 Mower w/ Snowblower?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Pricing on a Used 2009 John Deere X300 Mower w/ Snowblower?

Post by Old No7 »

OK, I'll admit it... I am ignorant when it comes to John Deere equipment...

Other than knowing the colors and the logo, and that they have a intensely loyal fan base, I don't have any experience with this brand of mower (lawn tractor), sad to say.

My neighbor is moving and he's offered me the following, as I'd told him months ago that I'd be interested in it if it wasn't going south with him:

2009 John Deere Lawn Tractor X300, 42" Mower Deck
- Not sure of the hours (yet)
- Includes a JD 44" (?) Snowblower attachment
- Has always been maintained spring & fall by the local JD dealer
- Includes a "Weather Cab" screen too
- Not sure if it includes wheel weights or chains for winter use, but I think so

I've seen my neighbor tool around his lawn on the mower in the spring, summer and fall. And then in the winter, I'd see him do his walks and the long driveway with the snowblower attachment -- all the while seated and somewhat out of the wind/blowing snow due to the Weather Cab (that's one of the attractions of getting this rig). Plus, with a 2nd mower, my wife and I can get the lawn down twice as fast -- leaving more time for fun or fishing.

I was thinking this would maybe cost me $3,000 for all...

Tonight he told me that he's got two firm offers at $4,100 and $4,200 -- but I had asked first, and that he'll let me have it for $3,850 -- as long as he can use it every couple of weeks until the house sells. I can even store it in his garage, if needed, until they move. (He's now working in PA and his wife is still here in Maine.)

I know that condition (and hours on the engine) means a lot, and while I haven't taken a really close look at the mower/blower yet, if it's anything like his house and lawn, then I'm sure it's been very well taken care of these past 5 years.

* My initial review of some web pricing suggests that maybe $3.8k is too high for all?

* Any thoughts on this model JD mower and the pricing?

* Is there a Blue Book for used lawn tractor pricing?

Thanks in advance!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Re: Pricing on a Used 2009 John Deere X300 Mower w/ Snowblow

Post by Thunder50 »

IIRC, There is a $600 rebate on the x300's right now. I think I paid $3,500 for the wifes x304, two years ago. think the X300 was $3000. That was with mower. Don't know what the cab and snowblower go for, but call up John Deere and find out. Heck, call John Deere and find out what a new one costs with the accessories. give you some idea of what a 5 year old machine is worth
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Pricing on a Used 2009 John Deere X300 Mower w/ Snowblow

Post by madman4570 »

Lets put it this way.

Right now you can get a brand new John Deere model X304 (meaning 4 wheel steer machine) vastly superior for mowing lawns. A 4 year, 300hr warranty etc. For $3199

If you need to blow snow this summer on sale spend that left over $$$ on a brand new John Deere walk behind blower again with its long new machine warranty.

Buy doing so you have dedicated new machines for each task.
Increased life expectancy of machines and not messing with decks/chains etc.

If you must choice his a fair price might be the added blower,chains,hood cab,etc for price of new X300 with deck $2999.

Do this, grab your check book go to nearest JD dealer.
Tell them you will buy today(right now) if they give you a new 2014 X304 with 48" deck for $3199
The 48" deck compared to 42" deck makes all the difference mowing.(and for resale if ever needed)
The 4wheel steer makes all the difference.
A brand new unmolested machine with 4 year/300hr warranty all the difference .
The $600 off sale is only the 4wheel steer models (a no brainer to get it)so you are only essentially asking that dealer to give you the upgrade of 42" to 48" deck.
Cash is king!

Now, with all that being said!
If I had a normal sized lawn and wanted to actually get the best bang for the buck.
And I am still possibly still entertaining these(my aunt has one with 450hrs on it with except battery replacement and a deck belt replacement)this unit below. She mows 7 acres of lawn (every week)
Would get at dealer and have them match cost. They come with 3 year warranty
http://www.powerequipmentplus.com/shop- ... Ogod-HAAQw
Notice the engine used and tranny. :wink:

For snow removal also a snow blade on this unit at pretty low cost could be another option.