Any of you guys have a John Deere X300 ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Any of you guys have a John Deere X300 ?

Post by madman4570 »

Though I will keep my WH GT14 probably as long as I am breathing.
Same with my Lawn Boy 2 stroke mower they are getting old.

Bought last week a new Husqvarna push mower w/Honda QVC 160 engine.
However for a rider want to make sure it will hold up?
Looking at spending around $ 3k or so.
Seems like the JD X300 with Kawasaki engine and K66 tranny is a possible option?
Ideas ?
Buying both from dealerships not box chain stores like a Lowe's etc.
Want my JD made from JD plant not special Lowe's/JD plant ?
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Re: Any of you guys have a John Deere X300 ?

Post by Thunder50 »

Don't have a x300, but the wife has an x304 that she likes. Only thing about the new JD's is don't try and start them with a low battery. The ignition module will fry if you do. JD replaced it and the mechanic told me to make sure the battery is charged up and to junk the factory battery after a year (it wasn't quite a year old and on a battery maintainer). Replaced the battery and so far, one year later starts fine.

I think I have shot a cast boolit that had more lead in it than the factory battery.

I think the x300's are on sale now. Think I saw a commercial that they were $600 off.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

Why not buy from a chain store? I bought my L110 automatic from Lowes many years ago and it has had a very hard life with no issues that I haven't caused myself and those were easily fixable. If I can run over it I cut it! As far as I'm concerned a JD is the only one that will stand up to it. A Murray wouldn't last me a season.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I've got a JD 4300 with a 430 bucket on the front we've had for about 11 years now . Bought it used with about 100 hours on it . That things run great for me . Only problem was one battery change . Oh yeah it's 4x4 as well .

I'd love to have a larger one with a cab , but to be honest I don't really have a need for it !

This one with the old beat up bush hog I have keeps my trails pretty well open . Also have a rather large auger for planting shrubbery , I hope I don't live long enough to hang that thing on the back of that tractor again !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Hawkeye2,

I was told that the JD's built to be sold for Lowe's or Home Depot etc. are assembled at different John Deere facilities??
The quality stds are not the same ?? However, this I am not sure of??

On a different note:
My thinking is if I buy it from a dealer even if it is a few $$$ more the service will be better???
Example: We have a Husqvarna Dealer that has been here in town for about 10 years and they are extremely good.
When you buy from them I know for sure they give you some added perks.
My aunt bought when they opened a Husqvarna 26hp Garden Tractor. They come and pick it up at her house and service it yearly for a extremely reasonable cost and also get it back in a week.
She has 440 hrs on it and mows about 5 acres of lawn and that tractor has been rock solid. But some people say the frames flex even when mowing now, and the metal has thinned???
So, I am thinking instead of getting a $1500 JD or a cheaper small Husqvarna at Lowes etc. getting at dealer the JD X300 or maybe a HD Husqvarna Garden Tractor at that dealer would be worth it??

Your JD L110 sounds like a great unit and if I knew getting that one like yours lasted like yours---would snatch it right now! :wink:

6pt,

All I can say is ------ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D