LYMAN 310 Reloading Tools

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

LYMAN 310 Reloading Tools

Post by Ray Newman »

In the classifieds, jnyork posted an ad for the classic Lyman 310 tool.

For Those-Not-In-The-Know, the 310 is still available from the 310
Shop.

Read all ‘bout it:
http://www.cnyauctions.com/the310shop.htm
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: LYMAN 310 Reloading Tools

Post by Blaine »

Those prices are nuts.....I have a Lee Hand Press that works with standard dies, and makes perfect ammo..I dip the powder, too :wink: ).the OAL is actually more consistent than with the Turret Press.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Ray Newman wrote:In the classifieds, jnyork posted an ad for the classic Lyman 310 tool.

Shop.

Read all ‘bout it:

Amazing. Guess I underpriced mine. :lol:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jnyork wrote:
Ray Newman wrote:In the classifieds, jnyork posted an ad for the classic Lyman 310 tool.

Shop.

Read all ‘bout it:
I turned my head, and thought about it, and it was gone. Missed it by <------------> this much :lol:

The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jnyork wrote:
That's just 'cuz you're a) honest, and b) a fellow Levergunner - besides, none of us would buy it at that cnyauctions price... :D :wink: :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

The 310 shop prices have crept up over the past few years. I did business with them in the past before the last sale of the business. They went from very reasonable to higher than retail for still available dies and tools. I've heard the current owner is nice to do business with. That's great. It's hard to pay double what the same stuff was a short time ago from the last owner, and more than retail though. I shop elsewhere when I want 310 stuff now.

JNYork, your set was reasonably priced, especially for a steel handled set. Reasonable, not a give away, fair for both parties under the circumstances.

I like the 310 tools. Perhaps not so practical at todays prices, but good tools, much better than the classic Lee Loaders. I still find them at gun shows for very cheap at times. I paid $40 once for a box that had about 4 or 5 complete die sets and 3 or 4 partials, and find complete sets with handles for about that now and then.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
93marshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 93marshooter »

I got a 310 set to go with my antique (1932) Marlin 93. It is easy to use adds some completeness to my set up. But as you say they are expensive. They are fun to use. Check Ebay fly occasional bargain on those
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.