When will I learn....thankful for this forum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

When will I learn....thankful for this forum

Post by firefuzz »

Been over on another forum trying to at least express and explain my opinion, and maybe share a little knowledge, but the chair-borne commandoes over there can't carry on a reasonable conversation/debate without making smart-arsed comments and slinging insults. At least over here when you all put me in my place you don't act like I'm some drooling moron because we disagree.....well, with one exception and he's not around much.

This is a great place to be.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: When will I learn....thankful for this forum

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Rob, thanks for the general compliment! I hang around on several forums, and have to say that save for one that I can think of this is a mighty friendly and respectful place. I attribute much of this to the fact that many here are men and women of quiet faith, and not rub-your-nose-in-it faith.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

You wouldn't believe the amount of flack we take for trying to keep it reasonably civilized... it's good to know some folks appreciate the effort and the results.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

AmBraCol wrote:You wouldn't believe the amount of flack we take for trying to keep it reasonably civilized... it's good to know some folks appreciate the effort and the results.
I for one certainly appreciate the work you do trying to keep our band of Bandits behaving in a manor befitting of gentlemen... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

game keeper wrote:
AmBraCol wrote:You wouldn't believe the amount of flack we take for trying to keep it reasonably civilized... it's good to know some folks appreciate the effort and the results.
I for one certainly appreciate the work you do trying to keep our band of Bandits behaving in a manor befitting of gentlemen... :D
Me too :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Borregos wrote:
game keeper wrote:
Me too :D
On pain of being redundant, me three! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I think it also is that some folks on here just do not want to start a fight. I have seen a few comments that could be taken the wrong way and watched the ones it was directed at refuse to rise to the bait. For the most part I like the people on here, and would rather be on here than on most other forums anyone can name.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Yep, this is the place. I too cruise a lot of forums (nuttin' much to do when it rains) and each one has it's own distinct "personality". Some are the "holier than thou" type and anyone with less than 10,000 posts is considered not worthy of an opinion. And then there are the ones that revolve around one or two "gurus" and nothing they say can be denied, or questioned. Leverguns is more like a bunch of fellers sitting around the pot bellied stove (no reference to Blain!) in the general store trading stories and thoughts, where everyone is welcome...

And they even let me hang around! :mrgreen:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

" ...pot bellied stove (no reference to Blain!) ..."

:lol:

Blaine, bro, we love you man.
:D
Mikld, ya mean ta say it rains in Oregon???
8)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

You expressed my sentiments completely. Some forums simply have one opinion and any other is disrespected or outright attacked. I must admit to toning down my own style quite a bit.

My favorite gun gripes are mine and now hopefully expressed with a little humor. I once thought it necessary to change other's opinion so added to conflict. I enlisted to protect freedom of speech, among other things, in my country. Then I want to wring some guys neck because he thinks the 30-30 is useless in the Canadian bush!! Oh my I could get down right rabid when someone smeared the good name of the fine 444 Marlin. Oh well, live and learn. The 30-30 and 444 couldn't care less. They just go about their business just fine.

All my grandparents were strict about antiquated notions of proper English manners and family reputation. They were a little fierce but were mostly right.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Rob,

I joined Leverguns, back in 2003, because it was a brilliant & civilized place on the 'net. The family-oriented (no cursing, or nudity, allowed) atmosphere was refreshing. Learning of the faith of its founders was a plus:

http://www.leverguns.com/about.htm
Our Purpose

Our goal is to present a website that will be informative and entertaining. It is our desire to provide the levergun fan with quality information. We endeavor to be as thorough and as honest as possible, knowing that whatever we do, we do to the glory of God. We thereby hope to bring honor to the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, without Whom we would have no salvation.
Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

No nudity????????

You mean I gotta get dressed????????

:mrgreen:
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

WinM71 wrote:No nudity????????

You mean I gotta get dressed????????

:mrgreen:
I gave that up years ago....the dogs look at me funny when I walk thru the house sans clothes. :lol:

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I must be that one exception. :D

yea, lots of cool dudes here and most of us have been party to arguements, but I look at it as "just words".

Best of all, being the capitalist I am, I've made some pretty good loot here. Don't forget, pennies and nickels won't get you far----lots of loot keeps your feet on the ground. :D -------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Rifleman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rifleman »

firefuzz wrote:Been over on another forum trying to at least express and explain my opinion, and maybe share a little knowledge, but the chair-borne commandoes over there can't carry on a reasonable conversation/debate without making smart-arsed comments and slinging insults. At least over here when you all put me in my place you don't act like I'm some drooling moron because we disagree.....well, with one exception and he's not around much.

This is a great place to be.

Rob
I agree!
I only frequent moderated forums; when I see that kind of behavior go unaddressed, I simply don't go back.