Converting Hobby Mill to CNC

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Converting Hobby Mill to CNC

Post by Griff »

Over on Brian Enos' forum there's a thread by a guy that took a small mill and converted it to a CNC. It's pretty lengthy, but... worth admirin' the toys he's made on it. Maybe I'm easily impressed, but... ok, I am, but I'm also a 1911 guy... Here's a teaser:
fin003.jpg
He describes what he started with and his processes pretty good. Lots of pictures for us visual types... :P :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Converting Hobby Mill to CNC

Post by Mescalero »

My friend John did it to the same size mill I have.
Everything was " off the shelf "
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Cool stuff. I was planning on doing something like that. But now I'm leaning towards a 3 D printer. I can do proto type stuff with it or real stuff if it needs to be plastic.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

I have the UK equivalent mill on order, together with a set of digital readouts.I might convert to CNC at some point but I won't be building a 1911 - 10 years in the clink doesn't appeal.

Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
Gleedaniel13
Levergunner

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

Over on Brian Enos' forum there's a thread by a guy that took a small mill and converted it to a CNC. It's pretty lengthy, but... worth admirin' the toys he's made on it. Maybe I'm easily impressed, but... ok, I am, but I'm also a 1911 guy... Here's a teaser:
That gun really impressed on me also. The picture also tells that it can really impress anyone.