security check

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

security check

Post by Mescalero »

Blaine, how far are you from the mud slide?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: security check

Post by Blaine »

2 hours south......What a dang mess! :(
I've been in Ohio for a few days.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Cool.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Good to know that you are OK.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

My heart goes out, to those unfortunate folks - with prayers for the dead & missing. :cry:

redmond
Levergunner

Post by redmond »

I'm about halfway between Spanaway and Darrington. They are predicting rain for the next few days and we already have twice the usual for March. The list of missing is now over 175.

Some of the hills here are several hundred foot high piles of glacial till. Looks like a whole ridgeline let go. The description of the one square mile area right now is that it is covered in 20 feet of quicksand. Rescue efforts are very difficult, but continuing. No survivors found since Saturday. National Guard now assisting.

Ugly scene.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

That is much more serious than what I heard first reported.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Just a quick note of support for anyone affected by this tragedy. I used to trade electricity and Snohomish was one of accounts. Really decent folks compared to the Enron bunch and their assorted clones I normally worked with. I visited once and felt very warmly welcomed. God Bless the families and loved ones.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Pete44ru wrote:.

My heart goes out, to those unfortunate folks - with prayers for the dead & missing. :cry:

+1 -

Being killed by mud. What a way to go...
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

About 30 years ago, I planted trees on a couple hundred acres about 4 to 5 miles east of the slide, just west of Darrington. I remember driving by Steelhead Drive and thinking that it would really be a nice place to live and fish for the steelhead and salmon that run up the Stillaguamish River. It is hard to imagine a slide of that magnitude. If you look at Google Earth, you can see where the mountain slid out in the past, but it never made it past the river. his time, it not only crossed the river, but it was 30 - 40 feet deep and dammed up the river. News reports say that the river is cutting through the mud which is much better than a catastrophic failure that would relieve the pressure all at once, which would be disastrous downstream.

Oso and Darrington are very small towns where everyone knows everybody. It has to be very tough for all of those people. My prayers go out to all of them.