Aussie Invasion - Gun Trip USA 2014

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Aussie Invasion - Gun Trip USA 2014

Post by peter richards »

We are doing it again, this time next week I will be again heading to your fine shores to seek out & plunder your Levergun collections. A smaller group this time with 4 of us Aussie gun enthusiasts hoping to catch up with as many of you as we can.
We start in New York on the first of April, at the USS Intrepid, before heading up to New Haven CT to meet Pauline Muerrle at the old Winchester Factory. We will then check out the old Marlin Factory before heading down to Targetmaster to meet up with Sixgun & play with toys that we are not allowed to back home, which we are all looking forward to.
We then head out to Fairfax VA to the NRA museum before going to Tulsa for the Gun Show. After checking out the JM Davis museum & Will Rogers Memorial, we head to Texas, staying one night in Dallas before heading down to Hondo for another hunt with 86er. We will stop in on Nate Kiowa Jones on the way.
If any of you are anywhere near us on this trip let me know, we would love to catch up, & if any of you want to come hunting with us down in Hondo I am sure Joe can accommodate you. We had a great time down there last trip with CRS, & there will be plenty of meat on the grill, I am chasing a Blackbuck Antelope & Four Horned Sheep, & one of the guys is going to take a Bison.
Let us know of any good little gun shops between Tulsa & Hondo that we can stop in on.
I am still chasing the following for my collection, Marlin models 1888 & 1891, a Whitney Scharf & a Kessler Levermatic.
How is the drive from New York to New Haven, are the roads iced up?
See you all soon.
Pete
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Aussie Invasion - Gun Trip USA 2014

Post by Sixgun »

Pete.
I called and had your M-16's, (223 and 9mm) M-2's, and supressed MP-9's set to the side with 30 cases of ammo....for your shooting pleasure. :D ----------6 Just let me know a day or two before and I'll see you boys there.
Cool Stuff
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Peter,
Let me know your plans for Dallas and I may be able to see your guys or even have you out to the farm for a game dinner. You know, the usual, venison, bison, quail and pheasants. If Joe can come too, we can eat some of his elk back straps I am keeping for him. :D
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Great trip planned...welcome to the USA!
Last edited by mod71alaska on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The road (Rte 95 North), between NYC & NH, CT are dry & clear of everything except a few million cars. :roll:

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

While you're in the Fairfax, VA area to see the NRA museum (if you have time) take the very short trip to Quantico to see the United States Marine Corps museum. That might have some interest to Aussies, especially the WW II section.

I may attend the Tulsa show and live not too awful far from Dallas. As your plans firm up maybe we can share a brew. Or I could crash in on Charles if you take crs up on a feedbag :D
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I don't recall if you stopped the last time, but the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco is a MUST see! Right alongside I-35 as you head south.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Sixgun wrote:Pete.
I called and had your M-16's, (223 and 9mm) M-2's, and supressed MP-9's set to the side with 30 cases of ammo....for your shooting pleasure. :D ----------6 Just let me know a day or two before and I'll see you boys there.
Now THAT'S entertainment! Well played, Six, well played.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

You'll have good time at 86er's. Jealous, I fully planned on hunting there in Feb or early March, but plans fell through. Had to put off until next winter.
Sounds like good trip.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I been the JM Davis gun museum a few times. Great place to spend 3-4 hours. Will Rogers museum was cool to. Have fun.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Post by peter richards »

Thanks mate, I can't wait to catch up with you, I have always wanted to put a clip through a M1 Garand Rifle, do you think they would have one for hire at Targetmaster?
Pete
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

peter richards wrote:
Thanks mate, I can't wait to catch up with you, I have always wanted to put a clip through a M1 Garand Rifle, do you think they would have one for hire at Targetmaster?
Pete

Not sure on that. I'm also not sure if the range can handle 30-06. I'm headed down in a day or two and if the range can handle the 30-06 and they don't have one to rent, I'll bring mine. :D ----6
Cool Stuff
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Post by peter richards »

crs wrote:Peter,
Let me know your plans for Dallas and I may be able to see your guys or even have you out to the farm for a game dinner. You know, the usual, venison, bison, quail and pheasants. If Joe can come too, we can eat some of his elk back straps I am keeping for him. :D
Charles,
Sounds great old mate, it would be good to see you again. We'll bring the Beers, Bourbon & Cigars. PM sent.
Pete
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

peter richards wrote:We are doing it again, this time next week I will be again heading to your fine shores to seek out & plunder your Levergun collections. A smaller group this time with 4 of us Aussie gun enthusiasts hoping to catch up with as many of you as we can.
We start in New York on the first of April, at the USS Intrepid, before heading up to New Haven CT to meet Pauline Muerrle at the old Winchester Factory. We will then check out the old Marlin Factory before heading down to Targetmaster to meet up with Sixgun & play with toys that we are not allowed to back home, which we are all looking forward to.
We then head out to Fairfax VA to the NRA museum before going to Tulsa for the Gun Show. After checking out the JM Davis museum & Will Rogers Memorial, we head to Texas, staying one night in Dallas before heading down to Hondo for another hunt with 86er. We will stop in on Nate Kiowa Jones on the way.
If any of you are anywhere near us on this trip let me know, we would love to catch up, & if any of you want to come hunting with us down in Hondo I am sure Joe can accommodate you. We had a great time down there last trip with CRS, & there will be plenty of meat on the grill, I am chasing a Blackbuck Antelope & Four Horned Sheep, & one of the guys is going to take a Bison.
Let us know of any good little gun shops between Tulsa & Hondo that we can stop in on.
I am still chasing the following for my collection, Marlin models 1888 & 1891, a Whitney Scharf & a Kessler Levermatic.
How is the drive from New York to New Haven, are the roads iced up?
See you all soon.
Pete
Geez, that sounds to be just about as perfect of a vacation as can be had! Good luck and enjoy!!! :D :D :D
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Post by peter richards »

mod71alaska wrote:Great trip planned...welcome to the USA!
mod71 alaska
It is going to be great. PM sent.
Pete
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party