Need a sheath for my new to me Mod 4.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Need a sheath for my new to me Mod 4.

Post by rjohns94 »

Anyone here recommend someone who can make or will make a sheath for my new mod 4 knife? Willing to commission someone to make one. I would like it to have a fire starter loop and a sheath with multiple carry options (d ring, horizontal, belt loop). Thanks.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Need a sheath for my new to me Mod 4.

Post by CowboyTutt »

Mike, was yours delivered with a sharpened edge? I saw a You Tube review that was not really favorable. The MOD 4 is heavy, the one in question came from the UK I believe, was not sharpened, and the hand guard spot welds broke and the guard began to rattle after some batonning. Hope yours is better built!!! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Mine came from Sheffield. Haven't done any battoning yet as it just arrived today. It is a beast and I will put it to the test in a couple weeks. Yes mine came sharpened. I'm sitting here working on the edge to my standards. I also have to sand down the handle to match the tang instead of being oversize.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Feel better knowing its from Sheffield. Good stuff. Supposedly the over-sized grip is to keep your hands away from the cold steel of the tang in extremely cold weather. Maybe fill in the gap with something instead? Just brain-storming here. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

How about Rob Leahy of Simply Rugged?
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

CowboyTutt wrote:Feel better knowing its from Sheffield.
Unless you're a dummy like me - as a kid, I bought a machete labeled "Sheffeld", and the blade was made of something that seemed to sharpen about as well as rubber, but you could tell there was metal in it, because you could fold the blade with your bare hands, and it would stay the way you bent it... Me thinks it was a fake. :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Good choice. Doesn't Buck make leather sheathes and holsters too? -Tutt

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

AJMD, sounds like that was indeed a fake. My memory may be wrong, but I thought that Old Savage had a k-nife from Sheffield and it was a pretty good one. At least Mikes was delivered with a sharp edge.

MOD stands for Ministry of Defense by the way. A MOD 4 is a bit hefty for my personal tastes but I'm a wimp! :wink: -Tutt

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

There are quite a few foreign copies of the MOD 4 over here.... :x
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Here's what I did to mine years ago.

I removed the strap and cut the inside of the loop off just high enough to cut and thread the strap through.
Then I folded the loop back and duct taped it down. Originally that was to be a temporary measure, but 10+ years or so later it's still that way.

Rides higher and doesn't flop around as much, though I almost never wear it on my belt.

Out of focus phone pics.
Slow is just slow.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

CRS. You did a great job on the handle. Any suggestions on the process?
Mike Johnson,

cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Tape the metal…. and go slow. :D
Slow is just slow.