Gentlemen:

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Gentlemen:

Post by octagon »

Guys and Gals:

As an avid daily reader of Leverguns for about the last ten years, I log to this site in the early hours before I start my work and enjoy mean coffee while perusing posts, gathering info about guns and life in general. I read many books, most historical, and newspapers, but not being electronically inclined, this is the only forum I read or have ever been a member of, and it, by itself satisfies my curious nature.

I am mostly a background member here, posting rarely, only If I feel I have something of real pertinence to add, as my small areas of expertise dictate. Additionally, I take a few moments to say a prayer for all who ask, although almost never replying with "prayers up" or "done" and I guess I have added mine to yours, collectively, many hundreds of times over the years in my own private manner, being a very private and non confrontational man by nature and by choice, however...

Having noticed an increasing trend of mean- spirited, caustic, and ungrounded remarks to go mostly unchallenged on this, a normally "high classed place," where I feel a jovial and good natured camaraderie exists and is the norm, I felt (and still do) an attempt to curb this vitriol was long overdue, and jumped into the foray with both feet. While I make no apology for that possibly ill considered attempt, I fear my zeal may have added to the very degradation I attempted to curb on this finest of gathering places, and for that, I wish to apologize,

Octagon
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Gentlemen:

Post by gamekeeper »

Octagon, I have noticed to same thing of late and I have put it down to bad weather and cabin fever, I hope the Spring brings a change for the better.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

I left for awhile...came back and there were a few "issues" but it seems to me that things have sure calmed down a lot...still a fun place. I just stay out of the fray in the political threads...take care sir...

rick
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Nothing wrong with saying what you feel needs to be said.
How is the mesquite hunt going?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ok....I freely admit that I'm not wired like most people. On a good day I keep about 99% of what pops into my mind off the keyboard. I "think" (except for teasing with my friends) that I try to focus on issues. However, once someone else has taken off the gloves, or, tries to define me with adolescent taunting, I do tend to hold on a little longer than necessary. I favor terse, bullet-like comments (Military Writing), and perhaps that puts people off. I don't "hide" behind a keyboard. With not much trouble anyone can find my house with my (real) board name, and location. There are a few on here that personally know me. Hopefully, they would confirm that I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam.....So, everyone that hates my azz, go complain to Hobie, and get me kicked off. :twisted: I'll re-register as Casper Milque Toast, and sit on the sidelines with nary a desire to kick in my 2 cents worth. :twisted:
Octagon, I don't think you're the type to live or die on what others think of you. Bravo. IMO (which is not worth a hill of beans) I think what you wrote was just fine, and on the mark! "Some" others should refrain from writing, and merely reply with the provided smileys.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

game keeper wrote:Octagon, I have noticed to same thing of late and I have put it down to bad weather and cabin fever, I hope the Spring brings a change for the better.
+1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I have noticed over the years on this forum that as the winter gets longer and colder the members get grumpy. Once spring hits every one tends to mellow back out.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

JReed wrote:I have noticed over the years on this forum that as the winter gets longer and colder the members get grumpy. Once spring hits every one tends to mellow back out.
Everybody (me included) just needs to dust off the leverguns and wheel guns and get out to the range as soon as possible to start generating some more on topic (and happier )posts :lol:
----- Doug
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Octagon, you seem to be cut from the same fine tree many Levergunners here are cut from, and like them a straightforward gentleman I'd like to have as a friend. With only a few individual exceptions the "increasing trend" you quite accurately refer to on the Forum is without ill intent. Truth be told, it is more like an annual Forum ritual that occurs about this same time every year! It's one of our few character flaws as Levergunners and outdoorsmen. I think we all are quietly very thankful our mood swing only happens for a short time each winter and not monthly. I went for a woodswalk today and in the cold and snow I felt the warmth of the sun on my face. "Spring is just around the corner," I thought to myself. With the coming of warmer days more levergunners will be leaving their "cabins" doing those outdoor things they love to do most, and this "increasing trend" will pass (for most) with the passing of the season.

There was a Levergunner among us for awhile who always ended his posts or correspondence with "Life Is Good!" It is something for us to remember and understand, whether we knew him or not, and then pass on that understanding as opportunity presents itself in posts amongst ourselves in this very special Forum. I think in their individual ways most Levergunners do understand and pass that on in the Forum. Those who struggle might remember BestLever's words "Life is Good!" and try harder to pass on that sentiment in how they participate in the Forum.

Thank you for your thoughtful post, Octaon.

Good hunting...good shooting. Life Is Good!

Mod71
Last edited by mod71alaska on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bearhands
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bearhands »

I have to agree with Octagon... While I do not post very often, I DO read this forum almost every day. The reason I do is because of every post prior to this one. This forum, ABOVE ALL OTHERS (and I monitor a bunch of them) is a classy place with REAL gentlemen and a wealth of knowledge to go with them.
I too am anxiously anticipating SPRING! (and a new levergun!)

Thank's to all the gentlemen on this forum for keeping it real when things start to slide.

BH
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I just accept:

1. This is the INTERNET, not someone's dinner table. Just like with emails, interpretations of intent, meaning, and emotions are not always the way they were meant to be taken.

2. There are an awful lot of members that definitely aren't "artists". They just aren't going to paint pretty pictures when they type. :wink:

This is just inconceivable http://youtu.be/lTEPvCtQh4g

Last edited by jdad on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Havin' been a "peacekeeper" for quite a few years, I still tend to react that way when I see some form of ungentlemenly behaviour... but I tend to communicate with those involved via PM. Or, on occasion, when I feel it's just that "cabin fever thing," I just tell myself... it's none of my business and remain silent. But as the saying goes, "...all it takes for evil to take root, is for good men to remain silent."

It's a good thing I'm not a moderator, for there would likely be quite a few more "removals" if I were!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

The guys are right, a lot of this stuff is just seasonal cabin fever. Except for Blaine!!! He's always this way!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding Bro. :wink: This is still a great place. 8) 8)

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Andre the Giant on Leverguns. I have now seen everything there is to see!

Kevin
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

CowboyTutt wrote:The guys are right, a lot of this stuff is just seasonal cabin fever. Except for Blaine!!! He's always this way!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding Bro. :wink: This is still a great place. 8) 8)

-Tutt
Ummm.... :? :?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Now don't get all butt hurt,
John and I know you are just a loving father, teddy bear type.

I am going to go hide behind my sandbag and cinderblock wall now. :shock:
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

I might've not been here long enough 2 comment on this if not I'll go ahead and say I'm sorry anyway if your post is about the iq deal slash wrestling I thought it was amusing. Hey its all good.this is the only computer thing l have ever did and I enjoy it all
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

Read well what Octagon and Mod71Alaska said in a most excellent way.I would add only one other comment.
"This is the day that the Lord has made,lets us rejoice and be glad in it" Life every day is a gift.
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Life every day is a gift.
And hopefully a laugh! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Octagon I agree. I even posted a Levergun therapy thread to help people get their thoughts focused . :D
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I think with Old Man Winter upon us, some of the guys get to sitting around the house molting instead of getting out and getting some sunshine (hard to do when there isn't any sunshine :? ) and maybe nipping at the sauce a little before they post.

Things will be fine come greenup.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Maybe you fellas just need some Yoga. Here is my instructor "Carly" :-)

But, warmer weather is on the way.

Maybe some fishing in Hawaii

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Um, I'm feeling warmer already.... :oops:

-Tutt

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Charles doesn't call you Dancin' Boy for nuthin'.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

How about this? Another Ukrainian friend of mine! Pure class and "Lady Like" all the way! And sweet and humble as can be! -Tutt

Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

O.S. To the rescue.. Nice segue, sir...

It's difficult for Gentlemen to be surly, in the presence of beautiful ladies.. :D
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

CowboyTutt wrote:How about this? Another Ukrainian friend of mine! Pure class and "Lady Like" all the way! And sweet and humble as can be! -Tutt

Just.....wow... :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

BR-549

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Translation please Blaine? :)

I'm no expert in numerology.

-Tutt

Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

BR-549 was Junior Samples' phone # on the old Hee Haw show...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Old Savage wrote:Maybe you fellas just need some Yoga. Here is my instructor "Carly" :-)

Dude I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd you posted that I really liked :!:

I certainly liked the little Mex chick you posted and then had to remove .

But there seems to me you posted another chick of asian ancestry before .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

CowboyTutt wrote:Translation please Blaine? :)

-Tutt
Thats the number Junior Sample used to give out for his used car lot on the old television show "Hee Haw" !

My gunsmith buddies mother was on that show as well .

She was the cute blonde Kathy Baker in the bib overalls generally with the old bloodhound Beuregaurd . At the end of the show they'd usually go to her and she'd say "Yawl come back now you hear" .
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Thanks for the clarification guys! -Tutt

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

CowboyTutt wrote:Thanks for the clarification guys! -Tutt
I was the only one that responded .

So as an educater you should know there's no need for the plural of "guy" .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

6 pt, I never removed any pix. That was the action of another before a clarification was made to the moderators.

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Old Savage wrote:6 pt, I never removed any pix. That was the action of another before a clarification was made to the moderators.
Whether you removed or someone else you posted some sporty little Mex chick you said was a hairdresser . And they got taken down by whomever . Think you were asking what color top looked the best on her or some such question .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gotcha, dental receptionist. And the other you liked, Korean, Filipino, Chinese, you recall?

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Old Savage wrote:Gotcha, dental receptionist. And the other you liked, Korean, Filipino, Chinese, you recall?
I dunno !

My wife is filipina so lets go with that yeah !

It musta been my wife :wink:

But then i woulda been the one that posted the picture :lol:
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

6pt-sika wrote:
CowboyTutt wrote:Thanks for the clarification guys! -Tutt
I was the only one that responded .

So as an educater you should know there's no need for the plural of "guy" .
Au contraire, amigo... I responded before you did, which makes Tutt's use of the plural "guys" perfectly legitimate...

Of course, if you have me blocked, you didn't see my response, and you won't see this... :-P
Regards

Buck

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Thanks Buck. I would not be surprised if I made some spelling errors given this work week.

-Tutt
Last edited by CowboyTutt on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiwiKev
Levergunner 2.0

Post by KiwiKev »

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

-Tutt
Just a phone number :D :D

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Well said Blaine!!!

Enough said!!!!

Regards,

-Tutt

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks OS, your pictures are much appreciated and easier on the eye than those of the wrestling guys..... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BlaineG wrote:
-Tutt
Just a phone number :D :D
Au contraire again, my friend... it's also the name of a country music band founded in 1993.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Hee Haw seriously predates the rock band, which took its name from the Junior Samples skit...
Regards

Buck

guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

I'll say this for this place we have all gravitated to...
During the last Presidential campaign when pretty much ALL of the forums I routinely look at were LIT UP 24/7 with some pretty extreme politically based anger as both sides "went at it"...
I found that coming here provided a welcome relief.
Thanks to all who helped keep it that way. I hope we never lose that.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Last edited by cshold on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Up, up and away, Leavin on a jet plane, Jamaica, Montega, oooh I'm gonna take ya ... :D :) :), around Nassau town we used to roam.

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

The first mate he got drunk, then he went and ate up all of my corn.