Newbie with a question on value of Winchester 94 , 44 Mag.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hoosier
Levergunner

Newbie with a question on value of Winchester 94 , 44 Mag.

Post by Hoosier »

Longtime lurker here and now a member! I am going to an estate auction in 2 days and want to buy a Win 94 in 44 Mag. All I know is it is in good shape, has no crossbolt nor tang safety and has a saddle ring. I don't have a serial #, so can't say year of manufacture. With the little information I have given you can you give me an idea of a good price to pay for the rifle? Also any guess on years of manufacture with the info I have provided? The rifle will be used for Indiana's new pistol cartridge rifle season if I get it! Thanks in advance for any help! Hoosier.
Hoosier
Levergunner

Post by Hoosier »

ANYBODY???? :(
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

It is really a hard call without pics......more info....

All I could tell you is what I MIGHT PAY.....
I would go as high as $400.00 to $450.00....

However, I like Win94's in 44 mag. May pay more if it is a carbine of 16" to 18" barrel.

Guess we are all looking for "good deals" but it matters what you want...
I would buy it to shoot and pair up with a pistol so my son and I would have matching calibers and guns for hunting.

If you want it...it is in good shape....buy it.....
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Agreed... really hard to say without more details, but the lack of lawyer-safeties is going to help the value!!! :wink:

Oh - and welcome aboard. Good luck hunting! I was raised in good ol' Indiana; lived there from 1967 to 1987... :D
Hoosier
Levergunner

Post by Hoosier »

The auction is tomorrow morning...any more advice? Thanks guys!
Maddog521
Levergunner

!!

Post by Maddog521 »

The only other suggestion I can offer is "TAKE CASH"
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I had a pre-1970 one. The big problem they have is with the cartridge stop. You can fix that so if it is in excellent condition go about $450 but I wouldn't go higher. Might fetch more as there are likely to be others like you there.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson