Turned Some Junk To Treasure

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Turned Some Junk To Treasure

Post by Shasta »

A few months back I was rummaging around in my little reloading shed and realized I had a lot of bullet molds I wasn't using. I sorted through them and had about twenty that I really didn't need, along with some spare reloading equipment and rifle sights. My first thought was to put the stuff up for sale in this forum's classifieds. I sold a little bit of it that way, but not much, so my next move was to have my son-in-law put it up for auction on Ebay.
Whoa! I think there must be a lot of crazy people out there! The stuff sold for much more than I would have hoped for. One RCBS .35 caliber rifle mold actually sold for well over the retail price of a new one!! Even after I gave my son-in-law a 30% commission, I had enough money left to invest in a couple somethings I could better use:

They are a used .45ACP Glock 30, and a brand new Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact in .40 S&W caliber. The Glock is nice and shoots very well, but that Springfield impressed me so much I went back the following month and bought a Springfield XD-45ACP. It is very similar to the Glock, but has the added feature of a grip safety. I've sure been going through a lot of ammo lately! Good thing I cast my own bullets and reload! :D

SHASTA
Last edited by Shasta on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Turned Some Junk To Treasure

Post by Pete44ru »

Another successful recycling story - only, YOU..........WERE...........THERE ! . :mrgreen:

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Good for you
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Good show Shasta. I need to get some cra I mean merchandise on E-bay. I have noticed Lyman mold blocks going for more than U can buy them straight from Lyman. I've noticed that anything Gun related brings a premium on E-bay.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
1894c

Post by 1894c »

That's fun turning un-needed stuff into ca$h...love ebay...nice choice on the Glock 30, not sure about the XD, because I have zero practical experience...but the XD has a strong following...HAPPY NEW YEAR... :)
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Grats on that bro 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.