holster for Colt 22lr Buntline special

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

holster for Colt 22lr Buntline special

Post by JNG »

I bought me a Christmas gift. A Wyatt Earp Buntline special in 22 lr. Cool gun. Do any of
you guys know where I can get a holster for it?
I told my kids its going to be my new ccw gun. :}
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

Re: holster for Colt 22lr Buntline special

Post by JNG »

Sorry for the lack of more info (cooking supper). Gun is a Colt SA, SS with the frame in black, with a 10" barrel. Has a box with red velvet and outside is a pic of the Earps and Doc Holiday. Bought it from a friends father who is up there in years. Best thing is when I bought it home the boss first thing said was "I want to shoot it". Got a winner in both accounts.

Joe
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

You are a little premature, was going to buy leatherworking tools after the first of the year.
Need something to do in the evenings.
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Way back in the '60s or 70s, a great friend of mine bought one of those new. Great looking and shooting gun! He had a belt and holster for his, but I have no clue who made them. He and I went shooting many times back then. I had a High Standard Sport King at the time. What a shooter that Sport King was. It thought it was a rifle! A brother in law of ours asked to see the Colt. He strapped it on then pretending to be a fast draw artist yanked it almost out of the holster. Almost meaning that the barrel did not make it all the way out of the holster until the grip came out of the B-I-Ls hand. :shock: The gun landed on a hard tile floor breaking the custom grips and making nice little scratches in the perfect Colt finish. :o :( Not a good thing. :( Some while later the friend with the Colt, and his wife, got into some marital problems while living in Clearwater, Fla. The police came to the house to calm things down. The police asked if there were any guns in the house. When told yes, the police took his Colt with them to the station for a cooling off period. When my friend went to pick it up a couple of weeks later he found that the police had used a hand-held electric engraver to etch his SSN on the barrel and on the frame! After much arguing and carrying on he was stuck with the gun as it was! Sorry for such a long post, it just brought back a lot of old, and not-so-good, memories. May you have the best of luck with yours! They are great guns!
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

That police department WOULD have heard from my attorney.
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Mescalero I agree. Soon after this their 15 yo son accidentally hung himself while playing in the garage rafters. All this just about did my friend in.
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I have a Colt 22LR Buntline Special my maternal grnadfather bought new in 1962 .

I still have the box all the papers and the original grips in the box . He made a set of grips to suit him out of walnut .

When I was a kid I remmember watching him pop a hawk out of a tree at approx 75 yards using that little revolver .

This and an Ruger Old Model Single Six my dad bought also in the early 60's are the only handguns I own at the moment . Got the box and paperwork for the little Ruger also 8)
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !