POLITICS - Blame shifts to TSA in Pilot's Gun Mishap

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

POLITICS - Blame shifts to TSA in Pilot's Gun Mishap

Post by AJMD429 »

Blame Shifts to TSA in Pilot’s Gun Mishap

from the APSA at http://secure-skies.org/ (pro-gun pilots association)

Airline pilots and federal flight deck officers (FFDO) say ill-conceived TSA weapons handling
rules were to blame for the accidental discharge of a pilot’s firearm in the cockpit of a US
Airways jet last weekend.
Federal officers familiar with the investigation say they repeatedly warned TSA officials that an
unprecedented TSA requirement that pilots take off and lock up their guns before leaving the
cockpit is manifestly unsafe and would result in accidents.
“The pilot was trying to lock his gun and remove the holster in an airplane going 300 miles per
hour in preparation for landing and the padlock depressed the trigger,â€
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Hell no. THe Nut behind the trigger is NEVER responsible.

Guns are ALIVE! ALIVE I TELL YOU! AND THEY'RE COMING TO KILL US ALL! :shock: :roll:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
bj94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bj94 »

You think maybe they could LAND THE PLANE first, and THEN fool around with the padlock?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

CYA always takes on a life of it's own.......If those guns have one chambered and it's not in a holster, someone is screwing up real bad.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

bj94 wrote:You think maybe they could LAND THE PLANE first, and THEN fool around with the padlock?
Now THERE'S an idea! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I think we all agree the owner of the gun is always responsible for it. That being said, the TSA rules are moronic... :evil:
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

It's so good that the department of homeland security has informed our enemies that pilots are not armed during takeoff and landing. No need to wait for the plane to get into the air to take it. Good thinking.
Stupid pond-scum-sucking-parasites.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Is there any real need for the pilots themselves to be armed? They're now behind a pretty hefty security door. Their number one priority should be to fly the plane and not crash. Plain clothes air marshalls should take on the defense responsibility.

I hate flying. If god had intended me to fly, he would have given me wings, or a jet pack.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
Cherokee
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Cherokee »

Jason - There are pilots on every flight, air marshalls are not on every flight.
God Bless America
NRA Endowment
TSRA Life
SASS
USAR
Ruger & Marlin Accumulator
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Cherokee wrote:Jason - There are pilots on every flight, air marshalls are not on every flight.
That's a point. But should pilots really be pulling double duty as pilots and police? Maybe the flight attendants should be the armed one's, then :lol:
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

The FDDOs carry some nice hardware though. I agree with Ysabel, it's the handlers fault but it appears to be greatly aggravated by the stupid regs.
Nueces
Levergunner

Post by Nueces »

Their number one priority is, and remains, flying safe. This priority goes all to hell right now, though, when someone is slashing their throats. That little 'distraction' must be dealt with as priority number one for as long as the threat lasts. How much help is that security door if a baddie gains access to the cockpit when the door is opened? He's safe in there now, isn't he? No set of procedures is infallible. Are you really ready to deny the last-ditch option to those whom you've already entrusted with your safety? Jeez, think about this.

Mark
retired airline pilot
Jason_W wrote:Is there any real need for the pilots themselves to be armed? They're now behind a pretty hefty security door. Their number one priority should be to fly the plane and not crash. Plain clothes air marshalls should take on the defense responsibility.

I hate flying. If god had intended me to fly, he would have given me wings, or a jet pack.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

Jason_W wrote:
Cherokee wrote:Jason - There are pilots on every flight, air marshalls are not on every flight.
That's a point. But should pilots really be pulling double duty as pilots and police? Maybe the flight attendants should be the armed one's, then :lol:
Then you might as well let the rest of us carry too. FA's are in the cabin mingling with passengers. It would be too easy for a nut to snatch their gun. The pilots are not supposed to be police. They are to secure the cockpit.