DixieBoy ??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

DixieBoy ??

Post by Barcelona Rick »

I have basically been on self imposed exile for awhile but I do have a question...DixieBoy was making a change about this time last year...has anyone heard how he is doing ? Did he ever get to Texas ? Just thought about him today...

rick
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Re: DixieBoy ??

Post by Ray Newman »

He found a new home over on the Ruger forum: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Mr. Newman I am not on that forum...do you know if he got moved and where to ? I pitched in a little something for his move and sent him my home info but never did hear from him...just checking to see if he is okay...

rick
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

So where did he go?
What's he doing?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Rusty that is what I am wondering...last I heard from him was over a year ago. IIRC he was moving to the Texas Panhandle for a teaching job. He was going to be driving pretty close to me so I offered to assist however I could. I kicked in a couple of bucks to help him with his trip because it's a pretty good trip he was taking and I have always tried to help out if I was able. I am not on the Ruger Forum but I tried to look around for a post of his...he was on line but not being registered I could not PM him...I am just hoping he is squared away and settled in...

rick
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I lost track of him when I went back to N.M. and did not log on for a while.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

On Ruger forum he lists his home as "Florida"
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

I was able to see several pages of his posts without being logged in...can't tell if he has relocated or not. It does appear that he kept posting after December 2012...if someone is on the Ruger forum maybe you be willing to check on him and report back...

rick
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Now I don't know how to handle this in saying something that possibly might come off as a tad blunt.

First thing, lets cut right to the chase and say I hope whatever Joe(DixieBoy) has had happen I hope for the best.

But, I have to say if it is true he has access to a computer, is on other gun sites chatting and doing whatever, but not at least showing us the respect of telling us how he made out and so on, frankly I will be a little pi##ed at him.

Probably guys if that is the case and if its just a "well I got something from those idiots" now lets go to the next site, which I really hope is not the case I will be done with him. I will also ask you guys to forgive my involving you all with your kind generosity of giving to him knowing that some of you guys are/were going through tough times yourself. But even if you were as rich as King Midas same goes.
Again, I am not accusing Joe of this I am saying "if that is the case"
I do think whatever the case good,bad, or in between he at least owed us the respect to let us know if he made it to his journey and is alive or dead. That is just plain pure and simple respect.

So, with that I have not heard one single peep from him though he has my mailing address and phone number ????

Hope we weren't scammed boys?? If so I am 100% to blame. It's on me!

Maybe he will see this and get pi##ed off and get on here to tell me off, that is cool cause at least I know he is still breathing and did not end up starving.

I am all for privacy, but also I feel at lot of us even though we might not do the one on one in person connect we are friends.
Friends try and help each other but also should show respect too.

I have instructed my wife if I ever die, get killed, or go the vegetable route she is to go on here and tell Hobie so you guys will know Larry is a goner. OK stop the wishing it cause I am going to live to 120. Just to be a pain in your all a##es. Merry Christmas :wink:

DixieBoy, if your seeing this give someone on here a shout(you at least owe that) don't have to be me.
Would be nice you didn't die in your car or whatever. If you did, I will pray up now!
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Hi Larry I darn sure didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest. I have been self exiled from this site for a while and thought heck I'll check in and see about DixeBoy...I sent him my home contact info because I thought he was coming down I20 and I am pretty close and would be about half way to the Panhandle. He indicated that I would hear from him soon (December 2012)...was hoping (still am) that he was teaching school or working in the State. Now my friend I would never hold a grudge against you or anyone else that is trying to help someone. I still give pretty freely (though I am patting a broke man's back pocket...haven't worked in 5 1/2 years)...and will continue to do so. Matter of fact I just sent a few bucks to help a kid move from Alaska for work...that is what got me to thinking about DixieBoy...so I hope he is doing great and that the DixieBoy on Ruger Forum is someone else...if not then heck as an old drunken sailor (40 years ago) I spilled more beer than I donated to his cause...Merry Christmas to you sir...

rick
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

jumbeaux wrote:Hi Larry I darn sure didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest. I have been self exiled from this site for a while and thought heck I'll check in and see about DixeBoy...I sent him my home contact info because I thought he was coming down I20 and I am pretty close and would be about half way to the Panhandle. He indicated that I would hear from him soon (December 2012)...was hoping (still am) that he was teaching school or working in the State. Now my friend I would never hold a grudge against you or anyone else that is trying to help someone. I still give pretty freely (though I am patting a broke man's back pocket...haven't worked in 5 1/2 years)...and will continue to do so. Matter of fact I just sent a few bucks to help a kid move from Alaska for work...that is what got me to thinking about DixieBoy...so I hope he is doing great and that the DixieBoy on Ruger Forum is someone else...if not then heck as an old drunken sailor (40 years ago) I spilled more beer than I donated to his cause...Merry Christmas to you sir...

rick
Rick my good man nope didn't stir up nothing. I will right now pray my friend that things go good for you cause its time things go good for ya! All we can do is hope whatever, wherever he is doing better than a year ago?

But doing the grabbing a gift and running that ain't my bag! But guess when we give should expect nothing back but hope for respect.

Best Holidays friend!
Last edited by madman4570 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jumbeaux wrote:Hi Larry I darn sure didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest. I have been self exiled from this site for a while and thought heck I'll check in and see about DixeBoy...I sent him my home contact info because I thought he was coming down I20 and I am pretty close and would be about half way to the Panhandle. He indicated that I would hear from him soon (December 2012)...was hoping (still am) that he was teaching school or working in the State. Now my friend I would never hold a grudge against you or anyone else that is trying to help someone. I still give pretty freely (though I am patting a broke man's back pocket...haven't worked in 5 1/2 years)...and will continue to do so. Matter of fact I just sent a few bucks to help a kid move from Alaska for work...that is what got me to thinking about DixieBoy...so I hope he is doing great and that the DixieBoy on Ruger Forum is someone else...if not then heck as an old drunken sailor (40 years ago) I spilled more beer than I donated to his cause...Merry Christmas to you sir...

rick
What Jumbeaux said.....Some folks got pretty ugly here.....Why would he go through that again? You're in good standing, Madman...not one bit of anything falls on you...You were just helping out a brother.... 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Thanks guys but maybe I went too far pushing you guys.
For that I am very sorry. When I push something on someone and that something screws over those,nothing but my bad my fault! :oops:

But again thanks for your understanding!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

madman4570 wrote:Thanks guys but maybe I went too far pushing you guys.
For that I am very sorry. When I push something on someone and that something screws over those,nothing but my bad my fault! :oops:

But again thanks for your understanding!
Let it go...those others that can't don't matter :P (The other day, I gave a twenty to an old ragged looking fella that the sign said Homeless Vet, 80, COPD....he took that money and was hightailing it down the street PDQ....Prolly to a bar :lol: :lol: )

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I recently watched $600.00 disappear into a bra in the blink of an eye.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Mescalero wrote:I recently watched $600.00 disappear into a bra in the blink of an eye.
$600 and she still had on a bra? I think you got scammed :lol: I know, I know...poor taste, but I couldn't pass it up. Hope my wife doesn't see this post :wink:
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

No, no poor taste;
not the kind of relationship you think.
I was just astonished at the speed of the event.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Mescalero wrote:No, no poor taste;
not the kind of relationship you think.
I was just astonished at the speed of the event.
:roll:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Our fellow levergunner DixieBoy was on here too many years and into too many good topics to just abandon us unless life had given him an awful kick in the nuts. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Now I am expecting him to surface again: a year is about long enough to be too far down to talk to you friends.

'Course he may have been "disappeared" to Guantanamo. Who would know? (Oops, I guess that is a second possible explanation...)
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I know years ago I had a friend that borrowed money from me. After he got the money I couldn't find him high or low. What bothered me the most was the small value he placed on our friendship.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

if things haven't looked up for him he might be embarrassed, and not want to be seen as cruising for more donations. I did receive a personal reply from him for the gas card I sent him so I think we are square. A report might be nice but not mandatory, especially if there's nothing new to report. Although we can only speculate at this point.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

El Chivo wrote:if things haven't looked up for him he might be embarrassed, and not want to be seen as cruising for more donations..
That's kinda what I was thinking, hope he's OK and comes back to the campfire.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

" if a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he marches to the beat of a different drum; let each man step to the music he hears, however measured; or far away."
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Well I am sorry for asking about him but I was concerned. Don't know if it is the same person or not but on Ruger Forum DixieBoy...Central Florida...joined Feb. 2012...5000+ posts...last post was earlier this week...I do wish him well and Pray that he has found whatever he was looking for...I do not regret assisting him and neither should any of you men...my last post on the subject...Merry Christmas...

rick

ps madman4570 I appreciate the Prayers sir...I am doing better than I deserve and better than many...God Bless you sir...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jumbeaux wrote:Well I am sorry for asking about him but I was concerned. Don't know if it is the same person or not but on Ruger Forum DixieBoy...Central Florida...joined Feb. 2012...5000+ posts...last post was earlier this week...I do wish him well and Pray that he has found whatever he was looking for...I do not regret assisting him and neither should any of you men...my last post on the subject...Merry Christmas...

rick

ps madman4570 I appreciate the Prayers sir...I am doing better than I deserve and better than many...God Bless you sir...
I hope you hang around, Sir.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Rusty wrote:I know years ago I had a friend that borrowed money from me. After he got the money I couldn't find him high or low. What bothered me the most was the small value he placed on our friendship.
My wife and I once lent a lot of money to several relatives who were needing help getting on their feet, with the promise of swift repayment. The result was that two of those families did not repay the money and put us in a huge bind - I came back injured from a deployment and it was a financial disaster for us. We watched for several years as one of the families, which was by then not hurting for money, spent money on expensive vehicles, electronics, vacations, etc. while we suffered.

We discovered two things - first, our attitude toward them took a dive every time they bragged about their expensive acquisitions, while we were going hungry. Second, while we tried to treat them the same as we always have, they avoided us.

I spoke to my wife and we decided that we did not want money to separate family, so we called both families and told them "Merry Christmas! We just forgave your debt!"

Might not always be the best thing to do, but in this case if fixed a problem that had no foreseeable solution and restored communication between relatives. One way or another, I see a lot of that same attitude here . . .
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

When we do the right thing, it is because it is the right thing to do. What happens after that has no bearing whatsoever on what we did and the reason we did it. When I was a kid, it was said "virtue is it's own reward", and life has taught me the truth of that.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is true.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

jumbeaux wrote:Well I am sorry for asking about him but I was concerned. Don't know if it is the same person or not but on Ruger Forum DixieBoy...Central Florida...joined Feb. 2012...5000+ posts...last post was earlier this week...I do wish him well and Pray that he has found whatever he was looking for...I do not regret assisting him and neither should any of you men...my last post on the subject...Merry Christmas...

rick

Well, if anyone should be blessed it should be you rick! Don't you dare feel sorry about nothing. You were simply concerned about another Levergunner brother! We help those on here needing help when we can having some means to help in some way.

I pray Joe(DixieBoy)is doing well. I pray you my friend have things turn your way and you have all the good things life has to offer.
If anyone is kludged it is me. The guys are right. We all helped the man, we hope it helped. If it did absolutely awesome. If it did not well at least we tried and we do know it did help initially if only for a short time. Least got him started on his journey.

The fellow members on here are good people, people that I respect and look to for guidance and viewpoints on many issues being guns or other things in life.
I look to members on here for friendship, like minded guys and gals respecting our gun rights, respect of others, and just trying to be decent people making a living of life.

This is a good place here. Every time on here I am at the campfire and I am with friends!
God Bless you all---Larry!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

madman4570 wrote:

rick

Well, if anyone should be blessed it should be you rick! Don't you dare feel sorry about nothing. You were simply concerned about another Levergunner brother! We help those on here needing help when we can having some means to help in some way.

I pray Joe(DixieBoy)is doing well. I pray you my friend have things turn your way and you have all the good things life has to offer.
If anyone is kludged it is me. The guys are right. We all helped the man, we hope it helped. If it did absolutely awesome. If it did not well at least we tried and we do know it did help initially if only for a short time. Least got him started on his journey.

The fellow members on here are good people, people that I respect and look to for guidance and viewpoints on many issues being guns or other things in life.
I look to members on here for friendship, like minded guys and gals respecting our gun rights, respect of others, and just trying to be decent people making a living of life.

This is a good place here. Every time on here I am at the campfire and I am with friends!
I really cant think of any better bunch of dudes to do that , especially in the internet age --------

I remember DB was wanting to sell his MArlin to raise money for a possible move , and a few members of this board stepped in and said "Nonsense" -- you don't sell a treasured firearm for something as trivial as a move !

And you guys' (I'm not including myself, as I did not contribute) sent a few bucks here and there, and from what I heard, it was more than enough for the man to keep his rifle ---- that is big league

(Heck. you guys' talked me out of selling my Guide Gun a week or so ago --- I admit, an extra $750 or so would have been nice, but i'll see better days soon and wish I still had it, so I decided to tough it out)

I don't know Dixieboy or his situation , I only know that sometimes, we get wrapped up in a dream(not all of us ) - and a dream of change wwhich would be for the better, --- but then that can come crashing down by any number of things -- a rescinded job offer due to the economy, an illness to a family member close to home , - or maybe even an improved situation that keeps a person from moving or whatever --- sometimes its a fear of disrupting a child's education , IDK

But I think we met the goal of allowing the guy to keep his levergun, ------- and if the stuff hit the fan and my situation degraded to the point that I was at wit's end too --- there's a few people on here who would help me out too , ---

Thanks you guys , everyone who helped DB, this collective think tank on here would do the same willingly for a lot of members without a second thought ------ Its only money, but leverguns are forever

The Jewish community has a word for that -- its mench -- you guys' are bunch of Menches' !

quote from urban dictionary

1. mench
A German word which, in Yiddish, means "a good person". A mench is a particularly good person with the qualities one would hope for in a dear friend or trusted colleague; a gentleman.
That David is always so polite to his elders, what a mench!
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Streetstar wrote:
madman4570 wrote:

rick

I really cant think of any better bunch of dudes to do that , especially in the internet age --------

I remember DB was wanting to sell his MArlin to raise money for a possible move , and a few members of this board stepped in and said "Nonsense" -- you don't sell a treasured firearm for something as trivial as a move !

And you guys' (I'm not including myself, as I did not contribute) sent a few bucks here and there, and from what I heard, it was more than enough for the man to keep his rifle ---- that is big league

(Heck. you guys' talked me out of selling my Guide Gun a week or so ago --- I admit, an extra $750 or so would have been nice, but i'll see better days soon and wish I still had it, so I decided to tough it out)

I don't know Dixieboy or his situation , I only know that sometimes, we get wrapped up in a dream(not all of us ) - and a dream of change wwhich would be for the better, --- but then that can come crashing down by any number of things -- a rescinded job offer due to the economy, an illness to a family member close to home , - or maybe even an improved situation that keeps a person from moving or whatever --- sometimes its a fear of disrupting a child's education , IDK

But I think we met the goal of allowing the guy to keep his levergun, ------- and if the stuff hit the fan and my situation degraded to the point that I was at wit's end too --- there's a few people on here who would help me out too , ---

Thanks you guys , everyone who helped DB, this collective think tank on here would do the same willingly for a lot of members without a second thought ------ Its only money, but leverguns are forever

The Jewish community has a word for that -- its mench -- you guys' are bunch of Menches' !

quote from urban dictionary

1. mench
A German word which, in Yiddish, means "a good person". A mench is a particularly good person with the qualities one would hope for in a dear friend or trusted colleague; a gentleman.
That David is always so polite to his elders, what a mench!
Exactly.....I did a couple deals with the man, and they were 100% upfront and honest....this old "stuff" is ridiculous...

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I once gave away a guitar - no strings attached.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

After reading this thread, I sent a PM to the Dixie boy on the Ruger forum. It is the same guy. Life has been complicated for him, he had a vehicle wreck among other things. He said where he's staying for now there are blocks on the internet that wont allow access to anything that has "gun" in the name. He has work at the moment and is hopeful that he can progress with his intended move by spring or summer.

That's about all I know at the moment. I didn't really know him on here, or participate in helping him out before. Just sent him a note after seeing this thread and relaying what he said.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Of course we do not know the circumstances of his condition.
But a block on anything gun related seems to be a infringement of his rights.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Just because you help someone in need doesn't mean things are going to be straightened up from then on. Good to hear something about him, thanks for the report. Seems to me God often has a round about way of doing things. How does that go ... There exist now faith, hope and love. You can always exercise the hope step. I hope that leads to the others.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Mescalero wrote:Of course we do not know the circumstances of his condition.
But a block on anything gun related seems to be a infringement of his rights.
Most work places do it because they are libtards afraid of their own shadow and are scared of gun websites inciting violence.
It is NOT a violation of his rights because you have no constitutional right to use internet at work. They have every right to decide what you can and can't access. If you don't like it, go to work elsewhere.
If I had a business there would be NO internet access. Studies already show that 1 to 1.5 hours a day is wasted on social media in the workplace. And we wonder why we import more than we export. :roll:
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Malamute wrote:After reading this thread, I sent a PM to the Dixie boy on the Ruger forum. It is the same guy. Life has been complicated for him, he had a vehicle wreck among other things. He said where he's staying for now there are blocks on the internet that wont allow access to anything that has "gun" in the name. He has work at the moment and is hopeful that he can progress with his intended move by spring or summer.
Oh ... poooh! Just means DixieBoy had to move in with his dingy brother in Tampa. He's embarrassed. Well, that beats the dickens out of being "disappeared". Thanks much for finding out, Ray and Malamute. I had also been worried about him.
Old Savage wrote:Just because you help someone in need doesn't mean things are going to be straightened up from then on. Good to hear something about him, thanks for the report. Seems to me God often has a round about way of doing things. How does that go ... There exist now faith, hope and love. You can always exercise the hope step. I hope that leads to the others.
Well said, O.S.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Well of course a business has a right to regulate that.
I got the gist that where he lived restricted access.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Mescalero wrote:Well of course a business has a right to regulate that.
I got the gist that where he lived restricted access.
Sorry if I came across kinda harsh. If he's on hard times work is probably the only internet access he has. My buddy is a VP at a bank and he gets so PO'd that he can't look at Cabela's or other sites with guns. He's outvoted the libtards.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

My local public library won't allow access to anything "gun" related. Cannot even access websites for Bass Pro or Cabela's. Tell me how that isn't censorship.

Kevin
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Think Vace is right here. Didn't seem too harsh.

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Mac in Mo wrote:My local public library won't allow access to anything "gun" related. Cannot even access websites for Bass Pro or Cabela's. Tell me how that isn't censorship.

Kevin
Nobody said it wasn't...but I also wouldn't want to sit beside anyone in the library while they looked at porn. So I guess that's how censorship begins. But again, it's not a constitutional right to have free internet at the library (and taxpayers' expense)
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I have a more detailed update on Dixie Boy. I didn't want to give out more info than he intended without his approval, so asked if I could just post his reply to my first note to him. He said it was OK, so here it is.

Dixie Boys message, quoted from a PM on Rugerforum:

malamute - I'm over on the other coast of FL now and have been for almost a year now. Had a disaster on the hwy out of town, vehicle was wrecked (but thankfully no one hurt). Since then, have been staying with family with kids, and blocks on the internet. No websites that say anything about shooting or guns get through the filter. Very frustrating. No Realguns websites, no leverguns forums, or anything else with "gun" in the title can be pulled up. Hobie was here several months ago and I sent him a pm, asking him if he'd get word to earlmck and some of the guys that I am still hanging in there.

Anyway, I am working and scratching and saving to get to the southwest. I've got all the addresses in storage of the guys who'd helped me get started from the other coast. I guess I was hoping that I'd get my move happening without problems, and be able to tell the guys that I'd "made it." Well, I still haven't made it yet. 150 miles from where I started isn't making it. Got a lot farther to go. I was so demoralized when I could not even get out of FL without problems that, for a while, I wasn't certain what to do. Either way, I'm working now, and can see me getting out to the west (AZ or TX) by late spring or early summer, realistically. - DixieBoy

Second note:

Thanks again malamute.

I had a stretch there where it seemed like everything was going to poop. I left the beach, and my place there, but then lost my vehicle and had to take an offer of a roof over my head at family's place on the west coast(FL)....
.... Anyway, things just looked awful for a while. But I've been able to find some work which is putting me closer to having a decent vehicle to call my own, and I still want to get to the west.

It was just frustrating, and maybe a little embarrassing, to have to start crawling again before I could even walk ... let alone run. Either way, the worst has passed, and they haven't killed off my spirit yet. Can't let 'em. Please pass that on to the boys. - DixieBoy
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Mac in Mo wrote:
My local public library won't allow access to anything "gun" related. Cannot even access websites for Bass Pro or Cabela's. Tell me how that isn't censorship.

Kevin
Wow ! I regularly use the internet @ 3 different city's public library in my state, and have never been blocked from ANY firearms website, whether it has the word "gun", or not.

earlmck wrote:
Just means DixieBoy had to move in with his dingy brother in Tampa. He's embarrassed.

+1 "Embarrassed" works for me - BT, DT, NTS.

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Hobie did he contact you and you forgot?? :lol:
Something tells me Hobie would not forget that!

Guys, I know some of you boys on here think "that dude he is a pain in the a##" why don't he shut his mouth? Meaning me!

Is it just me? Maybe it is!

That excuse "is not an excuse" it is a covering over of just number 1 not wanting contact with any of us period!
Joe has my address, Joe has my same phone number, Joe has my same email as I bet he does with Earl too.

Telling someone that the people I live with don't like the gun thing so year later who,what where?? :lol:

If you guys want to buy that ticket well jump ahead in line.

Absolutely pitiful and a major lack of respect.

Would I hope he gets his act together yes, would I give or loan him a dime now or in the future? He## no!

Spent enough effort and cost on that ship!

Did get the last message 13 months ago wondering how come so few donations though! :oops: :roll:
Flag should have been raised then???
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

madman,
take it easy on the guy, if I remember correctly; you was his strongest advocate at the time.
Take a couple of coils off the wind brother :D
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mescalero wrote:madman,
take it easy on the guy, if I remember correctly; you was his strongest advocate at the time.
Take a couple of coils off the wind brother :D
Its all good my good man!
I just have to express the way I honestly view it.
Those that are honest on here and are true to their word and true caring friends I will give my shirt off my back.
However those that are not respectable and or I feel not of a reasonable high character honestly I wish nothing to do with them.

Over the past half year or so I have tried ways to contact Joe with nothing.
I remember on here some guys kinda was a little rough on him questioning the deal as it went down? Then I did not have a clue of any taking anyone for a ride etc. But now, I honestly am bewildered. Maybe I was kludged and got taken in???

With me if someone is not respectful, honest and mutual caring I just simply have no use for them period.

However when I give something with no attached strings that part I have to suck up and honor that.
But, this was not the case with Joe. Once he accepted this help and repeatedly said he will keep in touch with his progress and stay keeping in touch, somehow having a SIL saying no guns on the computer I feel does not cover his out!

If he simply contacted Earl or myself or Hobie or whoever and said the following.

It is 5/21/13
Well guys I tried, gave it a go but ended up not making it to my desired location. Wrecked the car,wiped out cash flow and in doing so will be staying in Florida for who knows how long. Let me say I probably won't be talking to you guys much anymore cause for now my main effort and time constraints will be looking to better my life. So, with that Thanks for helping me and until you hear from me again be assured I am trying to make it a go. See ya!

That would be absolutely 100% fine. That would cost ZERO on an email or .42 or whatever the he## a stamp cost now?

Sorry, but once I lose respect for someone be it something I deem "very not cool" their done! End of story.

Honestly, feel like those that gave all got scammed, and actually that fault is 100% on me!
And feeling like that has been a thorn in my a##!

Letting this one go though, wasted enough time and energy giving a sh##.
Got a life to live! :wink:
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

There you go, now you see the light. :D
By the way ............. I gave too.