gun show

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

gun show

Post by Mescalero »

.22 prices still in the stratosphere.
Blaine being the bad influence he is had an effect on me and I bought some red dot.
Bought some .357 SIG and .30 carbine.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Re: gun show

Post by GoatGuy »

Yeah, it's frustrating about .22lr anywhere it seems. At least you were able to do some good for yourself. Something is always better than a "goose egg".
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Familyguy
Levergunner

Post by Familyguy »

There was CCI .22LR ammo at my local Walmart when I stopped in today. It's in Sterling, VA.

I haven't followed the whole .22 crisis thing. Why is it in such short supply?

Best,
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Familyguy wrote:I haven't followed the whole .22 crisis thing. Why is it in such short supply?
Short answer - because everyone knows it's about as close to 'currency' as one can get in a situation where the economy tanks and there is social unrest and political instability.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Familyguy
Levergunner

Post by Familyguy »

AJMD429 wrote:
Familyguy wrote:I haven't followed the whole .22 crisis thing. Why is it in such short supply?
Short answer - because everyone knows it's about as close to 'currency' as one can get in a situation where the economy tanks and there is social unrest and political instability.
Personally, I think I'd much rather have a stash of 5.56 NATO if that were to happen. :) I'm not so worried about the zombie apocalypse or social unrest, but the shortage of available ammo for my lever gun got me motivated to buy all the bits I needed to reload. I did my first 50 rounds earlier today and have enough "stuff" to load another few hundred before I need to buy more cast bullets. I guess if I was a real "prepper" I'd be buying moulds too. :)

Best,
Ysabel Kid

Re: gun sh

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:
I'd add four other factors (and agree with Doc on his):

(1) The .22 LR is the most popular round and has been for decades. Most people learn to shoot on a .22; most people teach others, especially young people, how to shoot on a .22. It is relatively cheap, quiet, low recoil, and accurate. What's not to love?

(2) More people are getting into shooting all the time. Big upsurge since nitwit got elected.

(3) The .22 LR round is almost impossible to reload. In theory you could do it, but for all practical purposes you can't. So, if the government tries to ban ammo, you can reasonably still make your centerfire rounds if you have the components. Harder for the rimfires.

(4) The gun industry has introduced a lot of .22 variants of full size MSA's and combat pistols. More demand than ever.
Bob Hatfield
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bob Hatfield »

AJMD429 wrote:

Buy all the cheap Vodka you can store. At the same time buy all the Bugler tobacco with wrapping papers you can seal up and store. then buy all the bic lighters you have room for. When it hits the fan all the 22 hoarders will bring their stash and their wives for some booze and tobacco.

Bob
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I would not give one cigarette for some of those wives!
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Went to the Bill Goodman show north of Cincinnati Sunday. .22LR starting at $10/100, lots of primers at $30-$33/k, AR rifles everywhere starting just under $700, several lever guns both old and new. Saw my first Ruger SR1911, but at $800! No thanx. Saw my first XDs, S&W Shield and Ruger SR45. Seems like most guns, ammo, primers etc., are coming back.
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Primers were more expensive here.
Powder
loaded ammo
primers
good variety of powders
all plentiful
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Forgot to mention that there was W231 and HP-38, at $21 and something as well as many other powders. I did talk myself out of a Kahr CW 45 for $410. CW 9s were $379.
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

That was a good price on that powder.
Looks like the dam is starting to break.