Whats yours taste like ????

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Whats yours taste like ????

Post by madman4570 »

Ok-------------first all coffee/water/soda/beer etc. put down.

Now being that rest of week yard will be full of building materials-----thought might as well mow lawn again.
I have one section that is steep and covered with thick carpet like moss. It is an absolute bear pushing my Lawn boy mower across it----so sometimes I only do it once every other week and any long stringers(those thin grass weed do dads)hit them every week with my Stihl brushcutter.

So, here I am got the big bicycle handlebar Stihl just a rocking-----hitting that moss----thinking this is cool.(Power/oh ya baby)
While in full rev-------start to yawn(?? must been tired)and hidden laying flat (coiled up like a big hidden snake)I hit this huge pile of soft dog do do.(from a 122lb doggie)big,like a ponys.

Wham, that stuff splatters/evaporates/I mean goes nuclear/and all over me(while mouth full open yawn mode(touchdown)big glob like a bullet in mouth/back of mouth/up nose/everywhere.

Stripped down to boxers. didn't have outside hose hooked up.(was in basement)carefully walked in house(towards bathroom shower)and Chaz(doggie)gave me this dreadful look/sneezed/and walked away quickly.

Man, did that su##.

So what does yours(pooches taste like)-----think this stuff was about 2 weeks old(still mushy)and tasted like a mix of mustard/pepper/corn????????? :lol: Thinking E Coli :shock: ????????sucked down about a half bottle of full strength apple cider vinegar(while also gargling/swishing).

ps--even after a long hot shower-----later wife gets home and says----honey what is that brown stuff in the top of your ear???????
rgates
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Whats yours taste like ????

Post by rgates »

I am sure glad I had just put down my coffee cup !!!!!!! Now you still have to go clean up that mower.....
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

So all in all you don't recomend it ?......... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, I might mention that this thread is not in good taste. :| :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Old Savage wrote:Ah, I might mention that this thread is not in good taste. :| :D
U got that write, Me thinks Madman needs to take a vacation till the roof is finished !
Might I make a suggestion ? " Get smaller Dogs" it dries quicker. :lol:
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

pwl44m wrote:
Old Savage wrote:Ah, I might mention that this thread is not in good taste. :| :D
U got that write, Me thinks Madman needs to take a vacation till the roof is finished !
Might I make a suggestion ? " Get smaller Dogs" it dries quicker. :lol:
Perry

You guys------ :lol: :wink: :D

Hey, they delivered the material---missing some things. Found out what happened to first delivery truck----the driver put $140 worth of gas in the big diesel truck. :o Buy he was something too.Should have watched him with the boom/hoist.
He wanted to unload it all in one huge underneath pallet .It starting to crack---I said----Hold it-----!

I unloaded half of it by hand(till it was just the sheet metal and not the 40-2x10's/60 2x4's/50 sheets 4x8 plywood/4 boxes screws/all this trim etc. all on one huge about 24ft skid.
Said-------take a seat-----cause I am unloading it by hand-----not taking a chance.
they did say----------boy,you are a strong sucker! :lol: :wink:

The sheet metal((is only about 3" thick of many great big long sheets.
Waiting on box on other screws/some trim/etc. They did have couple pieces of someone else's order. Delivery Guy said(How do you know---I said its on the order sticker/order#) They start at 8am in the morning.(the crew)
Told boss----again-----before a nail or screw is put in---want that PVC vent/chimney area also------strong as heck(build HD build up)and want it to withstand 4ft of ice :lol: and in those areas want several snow breaks mounted.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Aaahh, go back and finish up what you missed. Some dogs eat it all the time. Just hold your nose and swish it around like its apple sauce and spit out the corn, peanuts, and any fat gristle. :D

Personally, it that happened to me, I would stay "mum" and if the better half finds out about it, there sure wont be any lip locking for awhile. :D ----------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Holy Cow--------------they brought more stuff-----

They brought more materials--- :shock:

In front of the chimney--------he is going to build a (dormer/or whatever you call it)so the water goes off in both side directions and not just slam into blocks.
He asked we could do this--------------I said yep go ahead and tack it on! :lol: wife says-----boy you are constantly tacking stuff on???? :lol: Now if they can do that with that vent pipe! :D

OMG------------they brought more stuff-----when they pulled back up in driveway I was laying on a tarp on ground(on my side,with a magnifying glass counting number of 3' x 23' Union Metal Roofing sheets. :lol: :oops: :D

Had my notebook---taking count on all stuff :lol:

I got out of it though(and I was not lying cause wife did say-------there can't be that many sheets to do this whole place(I blamed it on her. Said I had to prove it(then covered up notebook) :lol:

So--------------------here is where we are at----without counting all the channel stuff/sofet stuff/molding/ridge vent stuff/various angle matching large angled metal (there is a bunch)

55----- sheets of 1/2" 4ply plywood
52------ 2"x10"x16'
70------ 2"x4"x 8'
40------ 2"x4"x16'
34-------2'x4'x12'
4 rolls of 4ftx250ft-----Grip Rite(synthetic underlayment

70(yes 70)-----sheets of 3'x23'(Union Metal Master Rib)metal sheathing
2----large boxes of 1000ct Phil Burger Head Posi-set Course Threaded Screws

Waiting on the green(Union)metal fastener screws(they drove 40miles tonight to get them)---how many ?????

Tomorrow------I will help them some with carrying stuff up on roof(no weightlifting will be required rest of week) :wink:

The boss---looks like a little bulldog------he had a Southern Tier Porter Beer with me tonight.
he said------well you certainly are one great big rugged looking fella-------we will see how you handle carrying (2 at a time)2'x10'x16' up that steep ladder tomorrow, then for your cardio-----those 55 sheets of 4ply plywood----he said(I got the metal)
Then looked at my dog-----and said(that is one rugged dog) :wink: :D
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Boy, y'all sure do things the hard way. Down here he have it delivered on a lift body truck. They lift the body of the truck up to the level of the roof. Then you just pick it up off the bed of the truck and walk "over to the roof" and set it down.

Hope you have dry weather to work in.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Rusty wrote:Boy, y'all sure do things the hard way. Down here he have it delivered on a lift body truck. They lift the body of the truck up to the level of the roof. Then you just pick it up off the bed of the truck and walk "over to the roof" and set it down.

Hope you have dry weather to work in.

Rusty----that is cool :D

whats going on here is right now they are doing all the valleys/rises where the different levels join.(looks like there they are taking shingles off?????????

But then also they will have to put down underlayment on whole roof--then 2"X4"'s/metal etc.
On the part they are doing the new trusses/plywood/underlayment/metal etc, they are first going to put another thing over rubber roof that will no longer be exposed.They had the tractor trailer flat bed with hoist drop everything off front lawn.Its just they are starting work on backside first.Flat bed could not make it out back-----grass bank to steep for that vehicle!
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I thought hitting slugs with the weedwacker was bad - MAN,
but you've got me beat!! (Do we have a "YUK!!!" emoticon?!)

Glad to hear your roof is progressing.

-Stretch
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Me thinks MadDude dropped a weight on his head :)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

BlaineG wrote:Me thinks MadDude dropped a weight on his head :)

:lol: :D

Those all who know me Blaine would agree!
The Sheet Metal rep showed up a few minutes ago-------He also has an in with a special HD Company that manufactures special 6" commercial eves/downspouts(seamless)that are of that Evergreen color.
Specially for high volume runoff for metal roofs.

I said-----yep lets do it (just------add it on bill) :lol:

Backside----they are laying Metal now!
I am done helping carrying stuff and getting out of their way!

Oh---the 70 sheets of Metal I counted and stated all were 23'-------nope----some are 10ft/12ft/16ft etc.
That makes sense cause 70 sheets of 23'------------would have been about 4900sqft.
Sure looked like all were 23' cause the shorter ones they had on each side of that huge pallet.(for balance)fooled me!
Still 70 sheets even some being shorter----------------------lot of steel!