MICROWAVE BURNS!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

MICROWAVE BURNS!!

Post by joachim slim »

we had a close call today at the Coleman house. my wife has said several times that the microwave was not acting right. it wouldnt start when the button was pushed, it wouldnt keep time right or when programmed it would go screwy and then go blank. we usually keep our chips and crackers in the mocrowave. today she wasnt feeling well and layed down for a nap. she woke up thinking she heard a beeping, smelled smoke and something burning. then she realized she really did hear it and smell something. she come out of the bedroom to find the microwave smokeing with flames shooting out. for some reason it started itself up. it got so hot the chips in side caught fire. it also melted part of the inside, the door and the table top has a scorch mark. luckily we keep a couple small fire extenguishers in the house. monday we get to go to then hardware store. we have to paint the ceiling and the wall behind where the microwave was. we will have to replace the table too. luckily my wife woke up in time. i feel we were being watched over but i wonder sometimes how much can we take.
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

We had an early 70's microwave that literally exploded some time durning the early 90's. my dad and I were watching movies so I decided to make some pop corn, after I started it I went back to the living room when we heard a loud pop. When we came in the room the microwave was in pieces and burning. We fliped it into a trash can and took it out side and buried it in a shallow grave :twisted:
Break on through to the other side!!!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

VERY glad you guys are OK, though that has to rattle you. No doubt the Lord gave you a nudge in some wayto get you into action. As a volunteer fireman in the early 90's, I've seen similar situations come to a tragic end. Smoke alarms can really be the difference as to whether you have those extra seconds.

I had my own "nudge". One time I was driving past my home and I just had a feeling that I needed to pull in and make sure all was okay. Almost like a voice. Made the turnaround and walked in with fire alarms blazing and house full of smoke. Oven was on fire and my mom was so dead asleep/passed out on the sofa that she didn't have a clue. Don't know if the smoke put her to sleep where she wouldn't wake up or whether she was exhausted, but I sure am glad that I made the decision to turn around.
Last edited by C. Cash on Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

cash, that is a great message to us all :D
Break on through to the other side!!!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Just a thought....can you turn this in to your home owners insurance to help recoup some of your expenses?

On the other hand it might not be worth the hassle.

Wm
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I used to didn't believe in luck. We had an evangelist at church this last week that explained it.

LUCK = Lord's Undying Care and Kindness
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

WOW I would say that you were indeed watched after. Glad to here that your and your familly are alright.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

You'r homeowners insurance will cover any out of pocket expenses of the repair over your deductable on your policy. Since you made the repairs youself, you can't collect for your labor. They MIGHT pick up the tab without the deduction. Does't hurt to try.
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

i feel we were being watched over but i wonder sometimes how much can we take.
Keep the faith my friend. These thing happen for our experience, but we will not be given more than we can handle. The Good Lord is in the process of making steel out of soft iron. :wink:
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

microwave

Post by joachim slim »

thanks for the kind words.