Marlin 1895 cowboy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Marlin 1895 cowboy

Post by gary rice »

Today at the range after about a half dozen shots i cranked in another one to fire and noticed the trigger suddenly had alot of play in it, the trigger is usually firm with the hammer cocked. I emptied the gun and worked the action again this time a firm trigger pull then after another 3-4 times cycling the gun again with alot of trigger play. Anyone have an idea of whats wrong here?
g rice
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Re: Marlin 1895 cowboy

Post by FatJackDurham »

My trigger has forward flop in it, but it has a nice crisp let off when shooting. Does yours creep a lot when shooting or just have a lot of loose movement?

I think the loose movement is normal, but many people switch out for a Wild West trigger to make it not happen. I am going to do that when I get a chance.

Maybe someone else can chime in.
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Marlin 1895 cowboy

Post by gary rice »

FatJackDurham wrote:My trigger has forward flop in it, but it has a nice crisp let off when shooting. Does yours creep a lot when shooting or just have a lot of loose movement?

I think the loose movement is normal, but many people switch out for a Wild West trigger to make it not happen. I am going to do that when I get a chance.

Maybe someone else can chime in.
All the movement is to the rear where it never was before. I'm gonna have to tear it down and try and figure out whats wrong. The trigger was always firm with the hammer cocked before last weekend.
g rice