question on price of brass

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Treeman72
Levergunner 2.0

question on price of brass

Post by Treeman72 »

I've managed to get some excess 30-30 brass, once fired. What is a logical price for 100 of them?

Soon, I might have some once fired 44 mag brass as well. If anyone could recommend a price per 100 for the 44 mag brass, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers, and happy shootin!
Ysabel Kid

Re: question on price of brass

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Same head stamp for each caliber?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

One way would be to snoop around on GunsAmerica.com or GunBroker.com and see what once-fired cartridges are selling for there. Someone here will probably have a good idea and post before long, too...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Treeman72
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Treeman72 »

Hornady and federal 30-30, equally divided. The 44 brass is a huge mish mash of brands.
Model 52B
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Model 52B »

Once fired .30-30 brass cleaned and polished will sell for $20 per 100 for mixed head stamps, and $25-$27 per hundred sorted by head stamp. (Knock off $5 per hundred if it's not cleaned and polished.) Much higher and you start encroaching on the price of new brass - about $35 per hundred for Winchester brass.

It's probably worth your time to tumble it and sort it by head stamp based on price and buyer preferences. In a pistol I don't care about sorted head stamps, but personally I am not interested in mixed head stamp brass in most rifle calibers. .223 is the only exception.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Eee-GADS!!!! :o I'm glad I bought brass several years ago when I had the chance. I'd quit shooting if I had to pay that now ..... oh wait, I did quit shooting .... :cry:

Seriously if you can afford it and the brass is good, buy it. I don't think we're gonna see any price reductions till the economy rebounds, if then.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Last NIB 30/30 brass I bought was $28 per 100. I paid $42 for 100 221 FB brass and was shocked. Guess I am out of touch as well. Have you thought of trading it for brass you need?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

PM me on the .44 mag brass. I might be interested.
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
Treeman72
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Treeman72 »

Thanks for the help everyone. Any brass I sell will be in the classifieds. My 44 brass will probably be at least 5 different brands.