Black Bear flashlights

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Black Bear flashlights

Post by Poohgyrr »

The thread on converting the little workhorse Surefire 6P to LED made me think I might post a thread about these rechargeable flashlights. I've been using a Black Bear nightly for probably a year or more. It is bright (the Borealis 1050 model - 1050 lumens), I usually compare it to the high beams on my car. It throws serious light, much much more than any other rechargable I've ever used, and cost less than the Surefire fore end light on my 870.

One thing, these aren't cheap, but they are brighter and he has different price ranges comparable to the other rechargeables. If you live or work where you need serious light, take a look at Juan's website http://www.blackbearflashlights.com If you need to find out what or who is in your barn or yard, or are looking for a lost animal or someone outside in the field or woods, the Borealis 1050 will light it up like no other flashlight. Juan's other models cost less and aren't as bright, but they do well for their uses. Juan posted pics showing the other different brands and models compared to his. The comparison of the model I bought is pretty much exactly right. We still use our regular flashlights for a lot of stuff, but this was money well spent on a powerful flashlight.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Black Bear flashlights

Post by jeepnik »

Oh heck. Here I thought we were going to discuss what brand black bears preferred. Silly me.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Jahala
Levergunner

Post by Jahala »

Poohgyrr wrote:The thread on converting the little workhorse Surefire 6P to LED made me think I might post a thread about these rechargeable led flashlights. I've been using a Black Bear nightly for probably a year or more. It is bright (the Borealis 1050 model - 1050 lumens), I usually compare it to the high beams on my car. It throws serious light, much much more than any other rechargable I've ever used, and cost less than the Surefire fore end light on my 870.
I have also some led flashlights for my personal use. I got finix from my mom and I put it in my bike to make a impressive outlook.
Those flashlights have rechargeable batteries and warranty as well:-)
Last edited by Jahala on Fri May 31, 2013 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

jeepnik wrote:Oh heck. Here I thought we were going to discuss what brand black bears preferred. Silly me.
That's kinda the direction I was headed too...

:oops:

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Actually on the subject of the 6P, I recently replaced my 6P with a 6PX. The "bulb" had gone out on the 6P and I was having one heck of a time finding a replacement. As much as I liked it, it wasn't worth the hassle.

I'm pretty impressed with the 6PX. Bright little sucker and the battery life seems better. Time will tell how the "bulb" fairs.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Jahala wrote: I got finix from my mom and I put it in my bike to make a impressive outlook.

I remember when a Mini Maglight was hot stuff! About as bright as the turn signals on a '59 VW Bug!
John
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Poohgyrr wrote:The thread on converting the little workhorse Surefire 6P to LED made me think I might post a thread about these rechargeable flashlights. I've been using a Black Bear nightly for probably a year or more. It is bright (the Borealis 1050 model - 1050 lumens), I usually compare it to the high beams on my car. It throws serious light, much much more than any other rechargable I've ever used, and cost less than the Surefire fore end light on my 870.

One thing, these aren't cheap, but they are brighter and he has different price ranges comparable to the other rechargeables. If you live or work where you need serious light, take a look at Juan's website http://www.blackbearflashlights.com If you need to find out what or who is in your barn or yard, or are looking for a lost animal or someone outside in the field or woods, the Borealis 1050 will light it up like no other flashlight. Juan's other models cost less and aren't as bright, but they do well for their uses. Juan posted pics showing the other different brands and models compared to his. The comparison of the model I bought is pretty much exactly right. We still use our regular flashlights for a lot of stuff, but this was money well spent on a powerful flashlight.
Link doesn't work for me, did a search and none of the black bear links worked
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Poohgyrr wrote:
Jahala wrote: I got finix from my mom and I put it in my bike to make a impressive outlook.

I remember when a Mini Maglight was hot stuff! About as bright as the turn signals on a '59 VW Bug!
+1 :D Like the Analogy

Back in '88 I bicycled from Apple Valley, CA up the coast to Tacoma,WA. I kept seeing the tubes from blown out semi tires. I used a Swiss knife scissors to cut one up to mount a Mini-mag on my bicycle helmet. Worked great and more than enough light for he desserted roads I took. Even the new 3 watt LED mini I bought in '08 completely blows the old one away.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

harry wrote: Link doesn't work for me, did a search and none of the black bear links worked

I just checked Juan's website and it isn't working for me either. Last year I noticed this post http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread. ... ost4201167 with new lights that weren't updated in his website, so I don't know what might have happened since then....

My Borealis is still as bright as the high beams on my car. Not bad for a handheld light based on the Maglight D cell body. And a for a lot less money than the serious military type lights that might need to be mounted and cost $1500+. I'm back working days again, so our Blackbears do home & yard guard duty here in our local version of the ghetto. Hard for a thug, in your backyard at 3:00AM, to act all tough when your flashlight can singe off his eyebrows from 50 feet away.

Looks like these are old threads. A quick search didn't reveal any recent posts by Juan....

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/threads/f ... ght.11088/

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221091

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index ... 684.5;wap2

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=939502
John