I like 218 Bee, but Cabela's has to be kidding...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I like 218 Bee, but Cabela's has to be kidding...

Post by AJMD429 »

218 Bee 46 Grain HP Box of 50 Regular Price: $82.99
I can handload 338 Lapua for less than that...!!!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
264 Win Mag
Levergunner 1.0

Re: I like 218 Bee, but Cabela's has to be kidding...

Post by 264 Win Mag »

I thought it was expensive when I bought a box of 50 in 2004ish. I think I paid $52.00 for a box of 50. At the time I thought that was outrageous for such a small cartridge. At almost $83 a box I wouldn't even think of shooting factory. :shock:

Thomas
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

MSRP.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I thought .218 Bee was a handload affair anyway. A neighboring rancher who also has a local coffee/gift shop has one with a PO Ackley barrel. Him and I have a contest going for years now shooting feral dogs/dogs running cattle. I'm winning, but only because 12 years ago I went on a 2 week warpath when a pack chased my daughter up onto the porch.

He asked me last week if I wanted some work helping him move some fencing, I said sure, as long as I get to shoot that .218 Bee. :lol:
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

AJMD429 wrote:
218 Bee 46 Grain HP Box of 50 Regular Price: $82.99
At $82.99 you better stock up because that's the good deal price. Must be old stock. I saw Winchester 218 Bee yesterday for $99!!! a 50 ct box. This was in an off the beat and path gunsmith's shop. (I took over a Model 70 Super Grade yesterday and the owner called first thing this morning to say it was fixed and ready to pick up. Can't beat that for service!). I was surprised to see his small shop very well stocked with a large selection of new ammo in just about any caliber you could possibly want. I hadn't seen an ammo stock and selection like that in a long time. More amazing his ammo was priced in the calibers I buy about comparable to WalMart. Another neighbor not price gouging. A great guy and local gunsmith shop literally hidden in the woods without a sign!
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Funny how some of the most delightful little cartridges to load -- Bee, Hornet, 25/20, 32/20 -- are so ridiculously expensive to buy factory loaded. Dad's old 25/20 was my early incentive for getting into reloading. The price on those Bee factory loads would be great incentive now to get into reloading if a person needed any further inducement...
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Ouch! Glad I don't have to feed that one! :shock:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Hmm...

I might buy it lunch.

ONCE.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

For these old cartridges, reloads with cast bullets are cheap like borscht. That is the way to go.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/