Pitchy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Pitchy

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Tried to email Pitchy and he has removed his PM option....anyone heard from him ?? Did he pull the plug ??

rick
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Pitchy

Post by Blaine »

jumbeaux wrote:Tried to email Pitchy and he has removed his PM option....anyone heard from him ?? Did he pull the plug ??

rick
He's mad....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Sometimes when things get headed beyond the point where (it's a tad tense plus some)a smart man will use his nogin and step back and think.
I belive that is what brother Pitchy is doing! I think he soon will be headed back towards our camp when things ease up some.
I hope so---------if not we all lose! :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

madman4570 wrote:Sometimes when things get headed beyond the point where (it's a tad tense plus some)a smart man will use his nogin and step back and think.
I belive that is what brother Pitchy is doing! I think he soon will be headed back towards our camp when things ease up some.
That's what I meant....You said it better....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Hopefully he shows back up in good time. I was going to send him an email but can't. Pitchy, if your lurking, let us know ur ok. Prayers up for ya friend
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

check on his profile says he hasn't visited since the middle of p. 4 on his last OP thread.
He may be in reflection over his father's death. But certainly some things were said to him in an "overly direct" manner.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

When you ask for input from people on an open forum you are going to hear things that might hurt your feelings. Then you post how you feel about their insensitivity and well most of us are big boys but some aren’t. From a song in a time long ago “Don’t ask because you might like the answer”.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I think he was hurting before he made the OP and was searching for some kind of affirmation - maybe he expected universal affirmation. I don't agree with him, and what he did was not wise. Maybe what I posted was not wise, either.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Pitchy was affirmed by all, we all just didn't agree. Even the most direct were affirming. Hopefully our brother Pitchy realizes that and will come back to the fire when he is ready. Blessings to all
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

fair enough, bro
Hayseed
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hayseed »

The written word can sometimes come across abrasive when not originally meant to be as such .

I'll also add that there are those that relish in being abrasive while being careful to keep within the bounds of rules.

Things would have went differently if some could have chose a different coarse to voice their opinion in answering his question .

Lenn has a heart as big as you will find and you will not find him being the one choosing to be posting in hurtful manner unless provoked .

This board has lost an asset that would have kept giving openly !!
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Pitchy sure is a character! 8)

I think Pitchy was in pain, and I read his posts with
that in mind. Some folks answered him kinda literally,
and maybe without keeping in mind how much the guy
might have been suffering. Some people are just insensitive
clods, and sometimes the internet isn't the best way
to express sympathetic criticism even for those who are
tactful.

In the movie "Open Range", there's a scene after the big
gunfight when the villain is dead, and Boss Spearman is
asked what to do about contacting the dead fella's daughter, who
the villain never got along with anyway. Boss tells 'em to
tell the daughter because, "Family is funny about such things",
or words to that effect. Exactly so.

Family members dyin', be they good or bad, can dredge up all sorts of stuff
that's tough to deal with.

Did Pitchy handle it as well as he could? Who knows? Who cares?
He's a buddy that needed a shoulder to lean on, and that's what I
gave him. I didn't know his pappy. I only know Pitchy was in some pain, and
needed to talk a bit. Not my place to be judgemental in those circumstances.

-Stretch
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Hayseed has nailed it. The lesson here is just because it is the Internet, don't say something you wouldn't say in person to a friend.
I know that some folks enjoy being abrasive and rude on Internet forums.
I'm not one of them, and every time I realize I have spoken with my keyboard and not my heart, I have regretted it.
Just my two pesos, and probably worth even less.

Stretch, you posted while I was posting, and you spoke some high-level truth about families and dying. Thank you.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

He didn't want to go to the services and wanted our understanding, which he did and did not receive.

Internet boards are no place to seek counsel on personal problems. In fact there are darn few places for a person to go, for everybody is quick to tell them what they would do and therefore what the person asking should do. We all think of ourselves as the norm and everybody should do like us.

What folks truly need is a place where the can think through the decision without a load of "shoulds, oughts and musts" and the guilt that goes with disregarding that. Or even worse caving in and doing things that backfire. When we tell folks what they should do, it is them and not, that takes the result and/or consequences.

Pitchy has walked his own path and none of us have walked it with him and do not know the twists and turns it has taken. I hope he comes out the other side of these woods and comes back this way.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Thanks for the kind words, Bill.

Hayseed, as you mentioned, had some good things to say, too.

-Stretch
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I Mr P as a big hearted man, a man that suffers with this sick world.

I wore his scarf he made for me and sent freely to me in England, any man that does that has heart and I admire him and his good wife for that. I owe him!

God bless you Pitchy,

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Pitchy asked for "advice".

He chose not to receive every advisement with equal grace.

Hopefully he is simply taking the time he requires to address those several important family matters he's mentioned as concerns in the past.

:(
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

FW, you respond to a fellow member in an ugly fashion the day his Dad dies and you expect grace?
You have antagonized folks on this forum for years for your personal amusement, this in my opinion makes you lower than a short dogs butt. I suggest you wouldn't recognize grace if it walked up, spit in your eye, knocked you upside the head and sat on you for a week.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Unlike you, I wasn't intentionally ugly to anyone in any way.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

under user profile, there is manage friends and manage foes.
If you put someone on the foe's list, you can only read their posts if you open them individually.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

bulldog1935 wrote:under user profile, there is manage friends and manage foes.
If you put someone on the foe's list, you can only read their posts if you open them individually.
That always seemed so Jr. High immature.... :lol: :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

you're missing the point - some things aren't worth reading and when there is a pattern of disparaging posts from an individual, save yourself the grief - it would have saved Pitchy a lot of grief.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

BlaineG wrote:
I sure wish I could have had that feature in Jr. High. It would have saved me lots of grief dealing with fools and such. On this board there is only one name on the list and it is the gent in question. He has been on it for a number of years now. It may be adolescent, but it works for me.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have only one on it also and that has been for quite a while. IMO out of step with the rest of the spirit of this board.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I just usually find it to be an opportunity to drag out my thesaurus, and get colorful without breaking the rules too bad.... :twisted: I keep waiting for "Bite Me" to be morphed into "Munch My Posterior" :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Things here are starting to sound like a bunch of liberal women. On an internet board, your not supposed to "think into it" too much. Say what you want and to hell of what others might think and when they write something that you "think" is offending, to hell with them....they don't sign your paycheck or you ain't living with them. After all, most of us don't really know each other and in reality, we are not friends, only occasional "associates" who share life's stories and gun knowledge. In other words, you have to grow thick skin and when you sign off, go about your business.

Too often, on internet boards, some individuals have to be "in charge". Same way at the gunclub or various shooting matches. There's always a guy who gets pushed around by his wife at home so when he is in other places, he feels like he "has to keep order" so he has a "sense of power".

I'm sure good 'ole Pitchy is doing fine. Leave a sleeping dog alone, he will be back when he's good and ready.---------------------------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

madman4570 wrote:Sometimes when things get headed beyond the point where (it's a tad tense plus some)a smart man will use his nogin and step back and think.
Well Put...
BlaineG wrote:
Hmmm, I just had to click on "open this post" to read what you said...! :lol: [just kidding]
Sixgun wrote:Things here are starting to sound like a bunch of liberal women. On an internet board, your not supposed to "think into it" too much.
Yep. Don't be intentionally cruel, obviously, and realize that just being 'direct' might come across as obnoxious or insulting when it is just meant to be straight-on honest advice, but we are all grownups.

I've seen several members over the years really hurting from personal or family or spiritual issues, and sharing them here for various reasons, including needing advice or affirmation for what they already decided, and in general, forum members offer pretty kind and caring advice, for a bunch of men 'gathered around the figurative campfire'. . . we definitely do NOT meet the standard of a bunch of women at the quilting-circle, but I seldom see people treated abusively here unless it is a 'political' post, and I think we all know that if you light your cigar and step out on the back porch to talk 'politics', you'd better have a thick skin.

I still would like to think that our nation was well-represented by the bunch of folks here on this forum - if so, our nation would not be in near as much trouble.

As for Pitchy, nobody gave him 'bad' advice - and he got quite a spectrum of opinions on what he should do, so it wasn't like we all jumped his case and said he did wrong. Like his tag-line said, there's been "lot's of water under the bridge, some good, some bad" - and once he takes a break to sort his feelings out, he'll be back to normal; sounds like he's got a supportive wife to help the process. Most likely, he'll be back here at some point, and welcome as always - he's one of the most ingenious and creative guys I've ever "met", and obviously a very spiritual one as well. Prayers up for his sorting it all out and getting back up to speed.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Hard to walk in anothers shoes. But since Pitchy is looking for opinions, I'll throw in mine. GO to the funeral, be the bigger man. He was your father, consol those in sorrow, pray for your Father's soul and forgive him. As hard as it is now, 5 years down the road, you will be glad you did. May God bless you and heal you.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That would be the better advice.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

bdhold

Post by bdhold »

BlaineG wrote:I just usually find it to be an opportunity to drag out my thesaurus, and get colorful without breaking the rules too bad.... :twisted: I keep waiting for "Bite Me" to be morphed into "Munch My Posterior" :P
auditory medieval random insult generator - http://www.savemefromboredom.com/4images/img681.htm - may be offensive
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

AJMD429 wrote:....we definitely do NOT meet the standard of a bunch of women at the quilting-circle...
The fact that this thread is still going makes a strong argument against that position! :roll:
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Old Savage wrote:I have only one on it also and that has been for quite a while. IMO out of step with the rest of the spirit of this board.
Dude, I gotta know. Can you read this? :lol: :lol:
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Borregos wrote:"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" :D
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

Well said Sixgun!!!

I have no idea what all this is about, I don't 'live' on here.

But that being said, I do enjoy my time on here along with you characters :mrgreen:

Chris
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Aussie Chris wrote:Well said Sixgun!!!

I have no idea what all this is about, I don't 'live' on here.

But that being said, I do enjoy my time on here along with you characters :mrgreen:

Chris

Right! Using the board (to me) is only a deviation or extension of what I like to do......shoot! :D I could take it or leave it but it does fill the gap during a lull in the action as I don't watch much TV. If this is all one does, they need to "get a life". :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD