Classifieds or Political Forum?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Classifieds or Political Forum?

Post by Griff »

Seville .375 SA Silhouette Revolver for sale elsewhere.

This seller's from Loveland, CO. I like the political portion of his ad. I also like the revolver. But know nothing about the caliber... other than it's size! :P :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Classifieds or Political Forum?

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Hopefully all hunters will boycott Colorado Hunting, maybe politicians will realized there are consequences other than THEY WONT GET REELECTED!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

I like the add but to be honest, with the current state of politics in Co. driving hunters out will probably insure re-election instead of gettin em voted out. Too many bunny huggin, tree lovin, pot smokin hippies have moved in.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I understand the seller's frustration with his state government but I don't support punishing the guide services by canceling hunts.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

L_Kilkenny wrote:I like the add but to be honest, with the current state of politics in Co. driving hunters out will probably insure re-election instead of gettin em voted out. Too many bunny huggin, tree lovin, pot smokin hippies have moved in.
It would take years for the tree-huggers to realize the impact, then I'm sure denial would be their best tool.

Only when the parks need maintenance because the fees are reduced from the low sales of hunting and and fishing licenses, would they feel the pain. Birdwatchers and hikers don't need licenses. They may pay park access fees. Don't the taxes on ammunition sales also fund conservation?
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

vancelw wrote:
L_Kilkenny wrote:I like the add but to be honest, with the current state of politics in Co. driving hunters out will probably insure re-election instead of gettin em voted out. Too many bunny huggin, tree lovin, pot smokin hippies have moved in.
It would take years for the tree-huggers to realize the impact, then I'm sure denial would be their best tool.

Only when the parks need maintenance because the fees are reduced from the low sales of hunting and and fishing licenses, would they feel the pain. Birdwatchers and hikers don't need licenses. They may pay park access fees. Don't the taxes on ammunition sales also fund conservation?
I suspect that hunting (and fishing) license fees and ammunition sales pay the majority of the park maintenance costs.
In Kansas it used to be called "Kansas Fish and Game", then changed to "Kansas Dept of Wildlife and Parks". You can be sure that the "parks" are mostly supported by the income generated through "wildlife" ie: hunting and fishing.
And now to add insult to injury; the name has been expanded to include Kansas Dept of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism.

Ahhh!!! Sorry to rant but....
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

It is estimated that over $1 million dollars is spent in Kansas during opening weekend of Pheasant Season alone. I doubt it would take too long for them to feel the financial effects.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Griff wrote:
This seller's from Loveland, CO. I like the political portion of his ad. :lol: :lol:
Yea, and it looks like I could have wrote that. I always say, "tell it like it is"------------------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If I were wealthy at this time, I'd buy the gun just because I think I'd like the seller.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Heck I was going to buy to help the Guy out but He won't sell to California so let it Rot in His safe.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

AJMD429 wrote:If I were wealthy at this time, I'd buy the gun just because I think I'd like the seller.
+1!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

The seller is telling U to pull out because of politics and He won't sell to Ca because of politics (thats His choice), whats He going to do when all states jump on ? Sorry ! it just chaps My hide when someone puts in they're Ad " Will not sell to Ca.".
rant off
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I don't know what it's like now, but in the 90's hunting season brought more revenue to Colorado than skiing.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Griff wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:If I were wealthy at this time, I'd buy the gun just because I think I'd like the seller.
+1!
+2!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

How does keeping guns out of California help their cause?
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

damienph wrote:I understand the seller's frustration with his state government but I don't support punishing the guide services by canceling hunts.
I agree, My local firing range banned a near by city police because that city council passed an anti AR resolution that would have to be voted on by the public. I dislike symbolic statements on both sides.