Winchester TakeDown Numbers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester TakeDown Numbers

Post by LeverBar »

Do the numbers on a Winchester 94 TakeDown's lower tang and bolt match a part of the rifle's serial number?

Or do they match a number somewhere on the barrel?
Colt1849
Levergunner

Post by Colt1849 »

Ok, first you didn't say if this is a antique Winchester or a modern one. If its an antique then no, the numbers are just assembly numbers and or inspectors marks. Very seldom do you find assembly numbers that match on a 94 unless its pretty darn special; ie.. engraved, 3x wood w/modifications to the stock (diffrent length, drop in comb etc).

Mike Hunter
Mike Hunter
Hunter Restorations
www.Hunterrestorations.com
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverBar »

Old rifle, but not extra extra special.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, Colt. Little unknowns like that can be haunting. No ghosts now.
Sgt443
Levergunner

Post by Sgt443 »

Figured someone smarter than me would respond, but I just checked my 1903 vintage 94 and all I find is the serial number on the bottom of the receiver.

Thanks for the extra info Colt.

Lonnie
If I am a student of the Human Condition does that make everyone I meet a lab rat?
levers
Levergunner 2.0

Post by levers »

Sgt443

"Shadow of the Superstitions" are you in AJ or Mesa?
Sgt443
Levergunner

Post by Sgt443 »

Levers, I'm in Apache Jct.

Lonnie
If I am a student of the Human Condition does that make everyone I meet a lab rat?