30-30 scope recommendations

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 30-30 scope recommendations

Post by Mescalero »

casasthahle,
don't ever gid rid of the scope or the lady.
No, Micro Trac was a system that removed all slop, wear and tear in the adjustment system.
It was applied equally to variable and fixed power lines.
Big Sky 56,
Thank You, I really do owe you that bottle of mescal.
One of my duties when I worked there was to every year buy the competors new models and take them apart, look for patent infringement.
I KNOW what was inside them, the eng. and what was NOT inside them.
My opinions are based on facts, but like you say; one would have had to been there, done that.
You got a favorite brand of mescal, I would like to send you a bottle.
I know he is going to want a brand that is going to involve a gunfight.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

casastahle wrote:
Old Savage wrote:Heresy - I guess some folks just buy their lever actions to carry. :D

"But they're so light and handy." - we ain't wearin' dresses.

Yes OS those topless model's are indeed "light and handy" :wink:

Could someone please restate the question, I totally forgot what we were talking about! :D
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

We were talking? :?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is very nice model. :)

Somehow I forgot to put the rifle in my earlier post.

Last edited by Old Savage on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Mescal I like del maguey mezcal, I was started on mezcal by some vaqueros dont know what brand it was as it was in a custom bottle it was sipping mezcal. I was doing some ADC work there as they had a predator problem. At night supper was cabrito wrapped with a fried corn tortilla and some hot peppers with a bunch made up for the next days meals, sitting around a fire sipping mezcal recounting our past deeds and talking about good horses. danny
You dont need to send any Iam good save it till I make a loop down that way.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Good cabrito is becoming a thing of the past, alas so is a lot of other good things.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Mescal there is one brand that you cant get at a store as its been cut with another type of cactus :shock: saw that down on the south end SC Rez :mrgreen: . danny
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Have a 2x7 Leupold on my BLR have not had to do any adjustments even after switching to copper because of junk science.Nuff said.Love old El Paso Weaver scopes too.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I don't want to steal this thread; but I have studied it, and some PM recommendations I have received from some of our very knowledgeable contributors, and finally jumped in for a great scope for my Marlin 1895G .45-70 Guide Gun.

I am extremely pleased with the choice. If you are interested, see "Marlin 1895G .45-70 Scope."

I would add that this family of Nikon scopes WILL accommodate a .30-30, but one has to decide what range that they want to concentrate upon for the best selection. Mine was for the 1900-2000 fps range of the heavy .45-70 bullet.

- John