Price check for Glenfield model 60

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Price check for Glenfield model 60

Post by t.r. »

I'm planning to sell my semi-auto 22 rifle. Fun and accurate plinker but can't hunt with it in Pennsylvania.

Glenfield (made by Marlin) model 60 in excellent condition. Tube magazine and open sights.

Thank you.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
Nobody

Re: Price check for Glenfield model 60

Post by Nobody »

Last edited by Nobody on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

tr....was in a local pawn shop last week for my monthly tour and only saw one model 60.....it was very nice and had a Glenfield 4X 7/8" dia scope....probably came on the rifle.....it was marked $129.95....before the current world turned upside down firearm pricing it would have been marked $99.95 and $85.00 would have bought it out the door.....to be honest semi-auto .22 rifles are no where to be found in my neck of the woods....

rick
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

t.r. wrote:I'm planning to sell my semi-auto 22 rifle. Fun and accurate plinker but can't hunt with it in Pennsylvania.

Glenfield (made by Marlin) model 60 in excellent condition. Tube magazine and open sights.

Thank you.

TR
About $120 retail...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JohnB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnB »

I see these all the time at the OGCA shows. Anywhere from $100 to $160 (with a nice scope and in great shape) is the going rate.

I have been looking at one of those Glenfields for quite a while as a fun plinker for my kids. Can't argue with an 18 round mag and that price point....
"Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others." -Unknown
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

One of my LGS has two of them on the wall, one of which has been there for some months. They are priced at 150.00, with no scope. This shop has not raised prices much, even with the current madness. If I ever go in with the money, one of them is coming home with me.

Kevin
Darto
Levergunner

Post by Darto »

I am astonished :o

I have an old but nice condition Glenfield 60 and the matching small diameter Glenfield scope. Got it as throw in during a trade 15 years ago. Never shot it. Was going to take it down to gun shop and ask $20 for both. Maybe know I'll ask $40 !
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

I bought a used Glenfield in Texas in 2000 for $75.

These days, under $100 would be about right I think.
JohnB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnB »

Darto wrote:I am astonished :o

I have an old but nice condition Glenfield 60 and the matching small diameter Glenfield scope. Got it as throw in during a trade 15 years ago. Never shot it. Was going to take it down to gun shop and ask $20 for both. Maybe know I'll ask $40 !
I'll take it!!!
"Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others." -Unknown
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

I can remember back in the 1990's in Tucson they were a high dollar item, seems the people across the border thought pretty highly of them, i can remember seeing them in the Cash Box pawn shop for $90 to $120 in pretty rough shape.

I have one from the mid 80's gave $25 for it from a co-worker, its been flawless, iron sights, beer bottles at a 100yds easy money.

---J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

It's embarrassing to a guy who spent $500 building a Ruger 10/22 and then some dude pulls out a 20-yr old Marlin/Glenfield M60 and shoots tighter groups every shot!
:mrgreen:
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I see some of the local gunshops with well used 60's priced $150.00, but $100 and under seems to be the prices that they'll actually move at.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I know where there are at least 100 of them, none of them have stocks.
I have helped move them 3 times and an armful of them ARE heavy.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

J35nut is right,
these all came out of Mexico.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

mohavesam wrote:It's embarrassing to a guy who spent $500 building a Ruger 10/22 and then some dude pulls out a 20-yr old Marlin/Glenfield M60 and shoots tighter groups every shot!
:mrgreen:
That would be embarrassing! But if someone spent $500 on a 10/22 and get's out shot by a factory 60 then 1 of 2 things has to of happened: 1) Gun was built for all show and no go (i.e. tacticool) or 2) shooter of said 10/22 was the worst shot on the line. Not just that day. EVER!. The 60's are fine shooters for what they are and may be a touch more accurate than an out of the box 10/22 but don't ever equate superiority based on one single element.

Marlin/Glenfield 60's seem to go for $75 +/- around here, a rare example may bring $100. Those are dealer prices. But don't expect to get that of coarse, dealers around here won't touch em for more than $40-$50.