1911 for Under $400

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

1911 for Under $400

Post by jkbrea »

The reviews seem pretty good. I don't know anything about Tisas but it sounds like a great deal. Anyone have experience with their guns?
Not shipped to Ca. :roll:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... 2+GI+BLACK
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Re: 1911 for Under $400

Post by Barcelona Rick »

The Rock Island Armory 1911s are well reviewed.....my son bought a Tactical a couple months back and I have got to say it is a great deal. The basics are still around under $400 if you look hard enough....at least in Tejas......

rick
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

jkbrea wrote:The reviews seem pretty good. I don't know anything about Tisas but it sounds like a great deal. Anyone have experience with their guns?
Not shipped to Ca. :roll:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... 2+GI+BLACK
I've owned almost exactly that gun with black grips. Also goes by Regent R100.
Picked mine up at the local gun store. Feels good in the hand, good action and trigger in my relatively inexperience hands. Aside from a factory blemish I returned and exchanged at the LGS, it was a fine piece...

...except for the factory mag. The lower end 1911s and particularly TISAS mags are known for being jam-o-matics. If you get a good one great, but count it as a loss straight out of the box and have brand names in backup. I'm no armorer so i can't tell you the gap in the slide or anything technical, but its a decent piece IMO. You can certainly do worse.

On the other hand, I'm considering their R200 in stainless. It's either that or an American Classic II in hard chrome... Assuming I can find the latter these days :\
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I am avoiding arms made in turkey since they have made themselves our enemies by aiding our enemies and degrading our allies, and killing our soldiers.

I have a phillipine made 1911 that's perfect in function and they sell for under 400 sometimes.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

All the reviews look positive, but I'm with Grizz, I just can't bring my self to buy a firearm made in Turkey. I don't need another 1911, but if I did I'd spend another $200 and buy a Ruger. God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Grizz wrote:I am avoiding arms made in turkey since they have made themselves our enemies by aiding our enemies and degrading our allies, and killing our soldiers.

I have a phillipine made 1911 that's perfect in function and they sell for under 400 sometimes.
One of the same reasons I haven't pulled the trigger on my stainless upgrade. Not feeling Turkey these days... Just wish Metro wasn't out of stock everywhere.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

well I'm not very pure about my boycotting.

I have a norinco shottie and would love to have a norinco 1911.

something about the irony when they try to collect debt from my grand kids....
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Kinda off topic 'cause I know nothing about the Tisa's and feel much the same about boycotting some country's products, but;

I bought a RIA plain jane 1911 about 3 years ago (half the reason was I had moved to Oregon a few months prior and wanted to know what it felt like to buy a gun and take it home!). Mine went a few bucks over $400.00 and I've been shooting it right along with no problems, 95% cast lead bullet handloads. No failures to feed/fire/eject that were not my fault. I've played with modifications (nothing major) and find it a solid platform to work on and it can shoot into 2" at 25 yards when I do my part...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I consider the Browning 1911 type .45 ACP the undeniable best type of personal defense handgun ever made - even now. It's what I carry most of the time in any urban environment (Colt 1911 Series 70 Mk IV), with the 230 gr. Federal HST as the primary fodder. Despite all of the howdy-do new types of ammo, at least two multi-agency law enforcement tests conducted across the country have confirmed that this bullet will reliably do the job, to the exclusion of many other top rated commercial "defense" loadings, under all sorts of circumstances - if you hit what you are aiming at, of course.

As for the rest of my answer, this "boycotting" bit seems disingenuous to me, given what we purchase daily and from whom. Especially considering that other, highly industrialized countries have betrayed us in a big way; not just Turkey with its humble industry and barely emerging economy.

Since the reasons cannot be expressed without seeming to be political and critical of our current Administration (which they are), I have posted a reply in the Political Forum -
" About '1911 for Under $400' "

John
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote:I am avoiding arms made in turkey since they have made themselves our enemies by aiding our enemies and degrading our allies, and killing our soldiers.

Lot's of Al Quida, and Muzlims in the Philippines.... :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

BlaineG wrote:

Yup. And many news reports of persecution and murders of "Infidels" - anybody who isn't Muslim - in that country.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JohndeFresno wrote:
BlaineG wrote:

Yup. And many news reports of persecution and murders of "Infidels" - anybody who isn't Muslim - in that country.
It's a little deeper than that. Turkey is ostensibly a Nato ally. Sworn to protect and defend our allies. They are making war on our ally Israel. They blocked our use of their airspace when we need access to northern Iraq.
They have swerved from a pro-west secular government to a muzlam brotherhoodie type of extremists. The phillipine government, last I heard, practices wiping them out from time to time.

The muzzies in the Phillipines are not, to my knowledge, warring against the US and our allies. But as noted, I am not purist in my boycotts and do it for my own amusements.