New .357 mags

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jmay
Levergunner

New .357 mags

Post by Jmay »

I recently sold an old Ak-47 I never used took the money and bought a Rossi Braztech R92 and an Uberti Cattleman nm both in 357 mag. I am starting to get into reloading but have read that the Uberti can only handle low pressure rounds. If this is true then it is useless as a 357 mag. Why did they chamber it for the mag if it can't handle it? So what is a safe working pressure of this gun for hand loading? I also read my R92 can handle pretty hot loads is this true? Any info, advice, or load recipes for these 2 guns would greatly be appreciated!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New .357 mags

Post by 3leggedturtle »

WELCOME ABOARD. Its only the 45 colt's that are limited to low pressure loads.. What a great combo to have. I have a Puma 357 20" blue. It is accurate with any thing i care to feed ikt. Tho my pistols are Security Six's in stainless 3leg/Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Welcome to the forum Jmay. Nice Combo U got here. My combo is a Colt Trooper Mk3-8 inch and a Marin 1894 Trapper.
Pull up a stump and sit a sell, these Guys can help U with just about anything- Me ! I just blabber.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Welcome, no worries about the 357 Uberti.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

1894c

Post by 1894c »

WELCOME... :)
Newtmaker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Newtmaker »

Welcome. I have the Rossi in 357 as well and it is my favorite gun, alongside my Ruger 357 Blackhawk. I highly recommend Steve's Guns for some tune-up tricks/info that really slicks the gun up nicely!
http://www.stevesgunz.com/

Walt
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Jmay,

Welcome to the forum.

You have been the recipient of a load of nonsense. The Uberti made guns, all of them, are proof tested in Italy to higher pressures than our domestic ammunition is loaded to.
That includes the .45 Colts.
None of them are relegated to low pressure loads. ANY .357 Mag factory ammo or hand loads made to those specs will be safe in your guns.

Steve's Guns is a great place to get them race ready if that's your thing, and he's got much information about them too.
For parts contact VTI: { https://www.vtigunparts.com/ } they'll have just anything you need for your Uberti and many other imported arms as well.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Yeah, what Joe said!
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You have a better pair of 'assault weapons' for most ordinary purposes (including home defense) now than you did with the AK. (AK's are awesome for certain situations, don't get me wrong, but just not the ordinary self/home-defense ones we typically see happening).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Jmay
Levergunner

Post by Jmay »

Thanks for the friendly welcome guys! My first center fire rifle was an old 94 30-30 I killed my first buck with that gun, and I still have that gun. Recently my interest for lever guns has been rekindled for some reason. Anyone have any favorite all around loads they favor for a 357 combo?