SO TOTALLY OT- DON'T EVEN BOTHER LOOKING...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GANJIRO

SO TOTALLY OT- DON'T EVEN BOTHER LOOKING...

Post by GANJIRO »

MY LAST DAY OF 17 YEARS OF SERVICE FOR THE STATE OF HAWAII COMES TO AN END AT THE END OF FRIDAY MARCH 14, 2008. HARD WORK, DEDICATION, AND HONESTY MEAN NOTHING IN THIS CORRUPT "OLD BOY" SYSTEM WHERE WHO YOU KNOW OUTWEIGHS WHAT YOU KNOW BY A LONGSHOT. I'VE LOST MY JOB BUT ALSO MY MEDICAL INSURANCE AND BENEFITS, AND I THINK I WILL EVENTUALLY LOSE THE OLD FAY HOMESTEAD SINCE I'M NOT SURE I CAN AFFORD THE MORTGAGE ANYMORE. PRAY FOR ME SO THAT I CAN CONTINUE TO DISPLAY THE FRUITAGES OF THE SPIRIT. THE STATE HAS ALSO CUT OFF MY MEDICAL INSURANCE SO THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN MY HISTORY I AM NOT PROVIDING FOR MY FAMILY THIS ESSENTIAL NEED.
I NEED ALL THE PRAYERS I CAN GET TO ENDURE THIS TIME, I'M GETTING A NOTION OF WHAT JOB WENT THRU BUT NOT SURE I HAVE HIS PATIENCE. I WILL START SELLING MY PRIZED GUN COLLECTION SHORTLY IF THING DON'T GET GREENER SOON, SORRY FOR THE RANT.

AS A SIDE NOTE SEVERAL STUDENTS THAT HAVE COME TO KNOW ME ARE THROWING ME A FAREWELL PARTY AFTER SCHOOL TOMORROW, I HOPE I CAN KEEP MY EMOTIONS IN CHECK, I LOVE THESE KIDS SO MUCH.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Prayers up Brother.
Keep the faith and the Good Lord will provide.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Ji,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there. Something good will come from this.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wish the best for you.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Knee-Mail sent.

Take heart Ji...G-D may close out (a door) this phase in your life...And, HE will open another phase (door) & never let you fall by the wayside. You may go thru some trials...but stand fast...

LeverBob
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Hang in there Ji.
Don't think of it as a door closing behind you but rather one opening in front of you.
If your a teacher you can always move to Perth, Australia, we need about 150 new teachers over here and we have a leveraction gun club thats always looking for new members. I'll even put in a word at the club for you :roll: maybe.
Seriously, be like the frog in the cranes bill, grab the mongrel by the throat and dont let him swallow.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Prayers sent!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I've lived that life.
Look at all your options. Act on what is available, even if it isn't adequate. You may need to work seven days, or whatever it takes, at multiple jobs for a while. Remake yourself. Look at your talents, and apply them to things you hadn't considered before. Adapt and overcome. God gave us the big shoulders; get 'em under something and push. I've read enough of your words to know you can survive this and more, because you're built for it and because that's your job.
This is going to sound stupid, but it's true so I'll say it.
From back in the '90's until recently I had this same problem. It introduced a burden that made me rather desperate, depressed, anxious and fatalistic. Now the stupid part. Kurt Russel was in a movie called Universal Soldier. He played an older, "washed up" warrior who faced tall odds and tough situations, against superior numbers and younger troops. But the character had a responsibility, and used what he knew, applied his skills, and kept thinking, kept pushing and succeeded.
The image of that character in my mind got me through 15 hour days, weeks away from home, big trouble where my family lived, illness, and constant doubt for many years. I had no path anymore, no certainties, no career to call "home". That same image keeps me going for my wife and daughter, now that Chas is gone.
Keep fighting.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

You are in our thoughts.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Prayers said Ji.

I can't say what you will do but perhaps you should be open to big changes including a maybe a move to the mainland. There are many places in the US which are desperate for teachers of all kinds. GOOD teachers seem especially hard to find. You may have found your next calling...

Personally, I think you should sell some bowls to take up the slack. You might be underestimating their market. Honestly, think about it.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Sent. I believe We are all stronger than We ever thought and when these things happen something good will come of it. It has in My life but never in the time I wanted. one day at a time. Jim.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Prayers up Ganjiro! :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

One door must close before the new one opens, my thoughts are with you, best of luck.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Losing a long time and good job is a tough one to handle. But everyone can see times, looking back in hindsight, that a real bad deal turned out to open the door for the gold to flow in. You are a smart guy, educated, resourceful, your wife is probably behind you all the way, so a little patience and looking hard for a new job will most likely pay off handsomely. You need to look hard for the good job, not think about selling guns just yet. You sell guns, when desperation is here, not before.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Best wishes Ji.....
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

One area of employment you might think about Ji is social health services. Specifically in the area of child protective services. With teaching credentials I think you'd be a viable asset to the program and they always need social workers. You'd be doing it for the kids because the parents, as a general rule, are long past saving. Usually the pay is adequate, for public service, and you get the benefits of a retire system and medical.

Prayers for you and yours.
Old Law Dawg
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Last time I heard, they were looking for cops in Hawaii. You might want to take a look at Law Enforcement.

I don't know what island you are on but here is an opening in Hololulu.

A FEW OF THE MANY BENEFITS:
- Beginning salary: $3,585 / per month; $43,020 / per year
- Medical, Dental, Drug, and Vision plans for officers and their families
- Life insurance
- A comprehensive Retirement plan
- 21 annual Vacation days (8 hour days)
- 21 annual Sick leave days
- 13 Paid Holidays annually (14 on election years)
- Higher education reimbursement

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be at least 20 years old at the time of application
- Be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess a Valid Motor Vehicle Driver’s license
- Be able to meet Federal and State eligibility requirements to carry a firearm:

No Felony Convictions
No Convictions for any Crimes of Violence
No Convictions for the Sale of Any Illegal Drug
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

On the list . . .

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Prayers sent Ji.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Best wishes for the future Ji. I'm sure you will come out of this better off. Good men like you won't be out of work for long and as Hobie said be prepared to make big changes. :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Prayers sent!

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Will do my friend.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Prayers up, Ganjiro, for you and yours. Been a he!! of a year for you. I think there is iron in Hobie and homefront's words...
Tom
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

I know what you are going through...been there...done that. It's been 3.5 years since I was betrayed by Corporate America after 20 years of the same type of service you gave as a Teacher. You're right! They sound like real political "scumbags."

Hang in there! Do whatever it takes..."Adapt, Improvise, and Overcome."

I took a MUCH lower paying job to help me make ends meet, which I know is a hard pill to swallow. Just remember this, "You are a better man than they are."

Prayers sent...keep the faith.

Jarhead
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

Prayers sent, Ji!
.........THE TWINS..........

RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Good luck Ji and keep the faith.
Ricky

DWWC
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Ji, thank you for working with those kids. We need more people like you. I hope things get better in the near future! Prayers sent.

-Tutt
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I will keep ya'll on the prayer list and just stay true to your Lord and Saviour,He will take you through this.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Prayers up, Ji! Been there, as said, one door closes, another opens. Wasn't easy, but... family and friends were there to help, if nothing else, their support and my faith got me thru. As I'm sure it will for you also. I know it's hard to not be bitter, but... I have the feeling you're a bigger person than that.

Talent always show thru. Better things are in your future.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
1x2
Levergunner

Post by 1x2 »

I've got prayers in your name.

Aside from that, you know, "do, don't stew".

God bless you and your family,

1x2
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by big medicine »

I gave my notice 2 days ago. I have been at the same job as a Physician Assistant in a small town for the past nine years. It was a difficult thing to do, but it came down to time off with my kids, and they were not willing to budge, they some how think two 24 hour days and three 9-10+ days a week shouldn't be a problem. My kids are 7 and 9 and I have missed more of their lives than I care to admit, it all ends the 11th of April. I ended up taking another job in a town about 30 miles away.

I figured that I only have one chance in life to get it right with the two gifts that God has given me, and so far I feel like I have let them down. Watching my son cry on Christmas because I couldn't play with him because I had to go to the hospital did me in. I realized that day this needed to change.

My new job will afford a LOT more time at home, now we can do more things together. In the end our Family is our family and a job is only a job.
IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KIA 23 APR 2007, AGE 19,MUQUDADIYAH,IRAQ
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Kick yourself in the azz and do what needs to be done, Bro.... There's time for two full shifts and 8 hours sleep in every day......... I know ya can do it, so git 'er done, Sir.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Ji, prayers sent. Keep us informed. Unlike JOB, your friends here are supportive and encouraging. Let us know how we can help.

blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

Prayers sent Ji
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Wasn't Job a bet between Satan and God? Dang, those boys played rough back then.......Ji, I'm bettin' you got the right stuff and will do it.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Ji, believe me you'll get through this. As long as you have your faith in God, a Bible, family, and friends you have all the tools you need. Almost 5 years ago I lost my career of 16 years and my father within two weeks. I had what I needed to get though it, but it didn't seem like it at the time. God's blessings on you and you have my prayers.
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

Prayers up, take care my friend. Doug
a armed man is his own master
model55
Levergunner 3.0

OT

Post by model55 »

You are in my thoughts and prayers! I'm not much of a chuch goer but I believe in my own way, hope that counts for something. Remember to keep track of your blessing even when things are going bad.This will be all behind you some day.By all means keep us up to date!
Scott Young
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott Young »

i have been there. i am praying for you. i had to sell off several beauties, but i don't miss them when i look at my family.
greasy dan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by greasy dan »

Prayers up, friend.