Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Gun Laws and the Fools of Chelm*

Post by Meeteetse »

Interesting read. Too bad so few will read it and even more distressing that few who do read it will understand it. I fail to understand the willingness of a large percentage of the population to abrogate their rights under the presumption that someone else can better decide what is best. Whether it is laziness, sloth or perhaps ignorance, I do not know. What I do know is that I am tired of paying for it and supporting it by working harder just to pay more to "the State". The arrogance of "the State" grows each day. Charlie Rangle's statement that, ". . . New York has passed laws to curb gun violence. Now all we have to do us change the the rest of the country to our way of thinking. . . ." typifies the elite attitude of the liberals. If New York and Chicago laws are so good, why do those places have the worst crime? This will not change as long as we have "sheeple" willing to follow the hand that feeds them.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Excellent! I'm surprised Newsweek printed that.

Kevin
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for sharing.
It is not the critic who counts
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Mac in Mo wrote:Excellent! I'm surprised Newsweek printed that.
Let's try to let them know we're pleasantly surprised - some of their editorial 'attitude' is owner-driven, but some is just response to perceived consumer demand and attitudes. If they get positive feedback from broadening their horizons a bit, maybe they will continue to do so.

The Constitution’s drafters did not require a wag to teach them that power corrupts: they had experienced it in the person of King George. The American secession was announced by reference to his abuses of power: “He has obstructed the administration of Justice … he has made Judges dependant on his will alone … He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our Constitution, and unacknowledged by our Laws … He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass out people and to eat out their substance … imposed taxes upon us without our consent… [He has] fundamentally altered the forms of our government.”
Wow. . . . . I think we've all read those words before, but to go back and re-read it, parsing out each phrase, and putting it into today's political environment, clarifies completely what a parallel situation we are in.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

outstanding..... someone in hollywood with a brain, an education, and the ability to think!

thanks!!
cable