AIM Sports® 1.5x30 mm Red Dot Sight

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

AIM Sports® 1.5x30 mm Red Dot Sight

Post by dracothered »

Have any of you used one of these scopes / sights?

This is what it has

1.5X magnification (3X with included doubler eyepiece), compact 30 mm objective size
4" MOA illuminated red-dot reticle with 11 brightness levels
Quality 1-Pc. rugged metal construction
Lenses have anti-reflective coating
Large windage / elevation turrets, easy to adjust on the fly
Click value at 100 yds.: 1" MOA
Flip-up lens covers keep the lenses clean in storage. 5"l. overall. Included 2X doubler eyepiece adds 1 1/2" length. Weighs 8 1/2 ozs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: AIM Sports® 1.5x30 mm Red Dot Sight

Post by Griff »

4 MOA red dot means your dot is 4" around @ 100 yards. 1MOA adjustments means each " click is an inch of POI movement @ 100 yards. My Bushnell is a 5MOA dot and ¼MOA adjustments. I don't like it. The dot overs up too much making the ¼MOA adjustments almost meaningless. The fact that I got one 3-shot 1" group with it is surprising! Savin' my money for a 2MOA dot with no more than ½MOA adjustments... maybe a 1-3.5 magnification... :wink:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dracothered »

Any other thoughts guy?
Glenn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Glenn »

Draco, I have 1x red dots on several pistols, all used for offhand target shooting. The one you show would be great for deer hunting on a levergun as the dot size would not be a problem until you were stretching the range for most leverguns. Probably better than a regular scope in real low light. If you are having trouble seeing irons, a good alternative.
Glenn