OT- 3:10 To Yuma with Glen Ford

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT- 3:10 To Yuma with Glen Ford

Post by J Miller »

Wife and I just rented the movie 3:10 to Yuma with Glen Ford from Family Video. This is the 1957 version.

It is without a doubt 10 TIMES better than the crappy remake they released last year.

We are going to see if they can order us a copy. We've not been able to find it anywhere else.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

J,

You can purchase it through Amazon.com for about $10 according to their search engine.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Just bought it the other day from Amazon. I really like the original ending better.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I liked it better, too.
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

I enjoyed both but the original is FAR better.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

That's strange. When we rented the new one several weeks ago we could not find any of the older versions on DVD on Amazon. At that time all they had was the VHS versions.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

you talking about the one from 1987 with Glenn FordImageImage
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I bought the original a few weeks back, I ain't seen the new one yet.
Also bought Will Penny another good Western with lots of authentic weapons, at the insistance of the writer I believe. :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

ohwin94_61,
That is the Glen Ford version I was talking about, although it is indeed copyrighted 1957.

deerwhacker444,
Somehow we missed all that. Thanks for the link.

Joe
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

[quote="J Miller"]ohwin94_61,
That is the Glen Ford version I was talking about, although it is indeed copyrighted 1957.

SORRY I miss typed gee so Pete forgive please I'm taking a break from doing doing my taxes L.O.L.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Not a problem. I hate doing taxes. There is little in this world that will give me headache faster than that.

Joe
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I thought the newer version of 3:10 to Yuma was great. I guess any cowboy movie suits me fine.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

J Miller wrote:Not a problem. I hate doing taxes. There is little in this world that will give me headache faster than that.

Joe
Thanks for the heads up Joe that tells me I should go back and do a double check on my 1040 I don't need any typos on that

Dennis
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

I rented the new one a few weeks back...........frankly, there are spots in it that are just not believable, like the ending. Joe if you have a Suncoast Video there in Springfield, you might check them, but be prepared to hand over your left lung for the DVD, if they have it. Now I'm gonna haveta re-look at the original, dang it! jd45
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

One of my favorite lines from any movie: "Well, you could give me $5 for making me nervous." In the original it was $2.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Swampman wrote:I thought the newer version of 3:10 to Yuma was great. I guess any cowboy movie suits me fine.
Compared to some of the later westerns it wasn't bad. But compared to the original it just don't do it for me.

JD45,
I don't remember seeing a Suncoast Video around here. But we can get pretty much what ever we want at Family Video.

Nazgul,
Inflation don't cha know.

Joe