Heads up.... Fire sale coming this weekend!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Heads up.... Fire sale coming this weekend!

Post by rjohns94 »

Just a heads up. Going to be cleaning out a section of the gun cabinet this weekend for two purposes. First: donation to wounded warriors and second to get a special lever gun from mod71alaska. I will be offering up a colt series 70 frame with a series 80 commander slide, an LMT CQBPS16 gas piston with collapsable stock in 223 with EOTech and flip up sights, 6 mags and case, NIB, a case of .223 ammo, a BSA commercial, very rare, in 303 British and three boxes of ammo, and a high standard 22 mag derringer with holster. Hope they find a home with you guys. I will post them tomorrow once sun comes out for pictures
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
flyfisher66048
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Heads up.... Fire sale coming this weekend!

Post by flyfisher66048 »

I think it is a great thing that you are going to make a donation to help out our wounded vets. I would recommend that you find another organization rather than the wounded warrior project. I volunteer with Project Healing Waters, and my Vets all have a very negative opinion of the wounded warrior program. They call the program a petting zoo. They get a bunch of vets together and allow the big wigs to come meet the Vets as part of their fund raising. All of the vets, told me they don't like that particular organization.

I'm not pimping money for Project Healing Waters, just trying to make sure your money goes to a good cause and helps out our Vets.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

My hat is off to you on the donation to the Wounded Warriors Program. Just don't let them know your money came from the sell of firearms. They have made it well known that they are anti-gun these days!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

A 71 from Victor? :D
Byron
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

arjunky wrote:A 71 from Victor? :D
Byron
Nope! :D

Victor
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

This thread got revived from zombie land...course, I didn't check rjohns' date on his original post. Here I am scurrying around scrambling to pull together some funds for that LMT and ammo!! LOL Oh well, guess I will leave the for sale items up on various classifieds and see what comes about. Got be ready for the next time rjohns purges!!
Last edited by alnitak on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

I didn't look either at the date. I thought some of them sounded familiar :oops:
been waiting for 2 days to see what the new ones were

Byron
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Guys, sorry this one got pulled up from the ashes. I posted the LMT here but it didn't sell so I sold it locally. In fact I sold quite a few firearms and lots of ammo. Down to two hand fills of of firearms. I picked up a pretty special model 94 from victor in 32 special. You know it is special if it comes out of Victors collection! Some features are minty bluing, 1920s vintage, 2/3 mag, shotgun butt plate, fluted comb, ladder rear sights. Wood is we some. Victor was kind to let me care for it It joins the three other modern rifles I have for hunting. A 22 bolt with can on it, a Dakota 375 with Swarovski glass, a Shiloh sharps in 45:70. Add to that a custom flintlock, a SxS from England, and a bearcat in 22 and a smith in 44 mag, my hunting firearms are paired down to the min. None of these will be moving for a while.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

ohh... So the BSA Commercial is already sold? I hope so, I have been trying not to look.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

damienph wrote:ohh... So the BSA Commercial is already sold? I hope so, I have been trying not to look.
It's been spoken for. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

2ndovc wrote:
damienph wrote:ohh... So the BSA Commercial is already sold? I hope so, I have been trying not to look.
It's been spoken for. :D

jb 8)
To good home, I am sure.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Well, I have been up to similar things, only the 'proceeds' have been 50% for me (didn't get a paycheck in December) and 50% for the NRA and GOA. Finished up some 'builds' that were incomplete, and made some money selling just regular extra stuff I had around like buttstocks, forends, gas tubes, etc...

Best of luck in your sales efforts, and nice of you to donate to a good cause...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "