It's not a lever, but it uses lever cartridges....lol

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

It's not a lever, but it uses lever cartridges....lol

Post by draperjojo »

earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: It's not a lever, but it uses lever cartridges....lol

Post by earlmck »

:lol: But most of us are probably better off skipping the intermediary of the arrow and sticking to the levergun to send the bullet toward the piggy.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
1894c

Post by 1894c »

YIKES...that is one mean arrow... :O
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Another answer to a question that was never asked :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Is that even legal during bow season?

Nice advertising anyways. :wink:

Last edited by Ji in Hawaii on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

It's not legal in CA, but then again, not much else is either :roll: .
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dracothered »

I say its a bunch of BS and unless there is something in that arrow head to contain the pressure the round going off isn't going to do allot as far as I can see.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

dracothered wrote:I say its a bunch of BS and unless there is something in that arrow head to contain the pressure the round going off isn't going to do allot as far as I can see.
I've been freediving for over 40 years, and scuba certified for 28 years. I've owned a 357 magnum chambered bangstick for too many years to remember for protection against toofy critters as well as for dispatching large gamefish at boatside. What this Bow-Mag looks like is a very lightweight compact version of a bangstick which is basically a chamber length barrel with a firing pin at the rear which ignites the primer on contact with game. I have though of using my bangstick like a spear on wild boar. I think it works as advertised but to me defeats the purpose of bowhunting which is stealth. You know Bow-Mag head is LOUD, louder than any snub-nosed revolver. If you miss the game it still goes off and spooks everything within half a mile of you. Also if you hunt with partners your success still spooks game away for your partners. I think it could encourage iffy shots at game thinking a powerhead makes up for bad shot placement especially in novice hunters.
I just looked over the HAWAII ADMINISTRATIVE RULES TITLE 13 §13-123-22 Conditions and restrictions section 7:
(7) No person shall possess any arrows equipped with explosive heads or heads containing
drugs or poison. Only arrows having a minimum blade cutting diameter width of threequarters
of an inch are permitted;
Bow-Mag illegal to use here in Hawai'i, and I'm guessing many other states.

Bangstick

Bow-Mag
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Greetings
Personally I will stick with my old recurves and happily slice and dice my way through corn crunchers. Pigs are a problem in numerous areas and if this little tool makes extermination of routers any better then I hope the shaft launchers do so safely.
I remember the fox and wild dog drives in SW Michigan. There was little concern about what a gun was loaded with and how critters were dispatched. Just get the job done.
So I guess until I walk in thier hunting boots and have the whole story I will wait and see. I do know twice in my few months up here this year deer have walked up on me while I was calling and blasting crows (full camo and in a bush blind) to see what all the ruckas was. I have watched numerous deer perk up at shots 100 yards away but within a couple minutes go right back to munching. Now this is around where I hunt (east ILL river bottoms) and maybe your backyard is different.
So my 2 cents are Hey it is not for me today... Explosive devices have been used in all sorts of hunting aplications over the years by active minds. Some even worked well.
Mike in ILL
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

If it's part of the kit, I want one.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Well, it's cool, but I like the video of basic violin bowing myself. :P God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Like Ji mentioned, it's just a small "bang stick". The ones we made in the 60s were using 12 gauge shotshells, devistating on big Blue Sharks and Threashers...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

It's just another gimmic.ever since compound bows came out there has been a steady stream of stuff to make it more lethal. many of the guys I see just "have" to get the new one every few years that shoots faster, flatter, and on and on. new releases, sights,special clothes and scent-loc boots. I don't see the need. around here most are 20' up a tree watching a feeder. :? .
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dracothered »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:
dracothered wrote:I say its a bunch of BS and unless there is something in that arrow head to contain the pressure the round going off isn't going to do allot as far as I can see.
I've been freediving for over 40 years, and scuba certified for 28 years. I've owned a 357 magnum chambered bangstick for too many years to remember for protection against toofy critters as well as for dispatching large gamefish at boatside. What this Bow-Mag looks like is a very lightweight compact version of a bangstick which is basically a chamber length barrel with a firing pin at the rear which ignites the primer on contact with game. I have though of using my bangstick like a spear on wild boar. I think it works as advertised but to me defeats the purpose of bowhunting which is stealth. You know Bow-Mag head is LOUD, louder than any snub-nosed revolver. If you miss the game it still goes off and spooks everything within half a mile of you. Also if you hunt with partners your success still spooks game away for your partners. I think it could encourage iffy shots at game thinking a powerhead makes up for bad shot placement especially in novice hunters.
I just looked over the HAWAII ADMINISTRATIVE RULES TITLE 13 §13-123-22 Conditions and restrictions section 7:
(7) No person shall possess any arrows equipped with explosive heads or heads containing
drugs or poison. Only arrows having a minimum blade cutting diameter width of threequarters
of an inch are permitted;
Bow-Mag illegal to use here in Hawai'i, and I'm guessing many other states.

Bangstick

Bow-Mag
I stand corrected... hahaha
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

So... My question is this...

Is the chamber on the head of that arrow a "firearm"?

Bow season and firearm seasons are generally separated.

If this bang-stick were used during a bow season, would game laws be violated because a firearm is being used?

Then there is the question posed earlier concerning the legality of "explosive" tipped arrows.

Is this device an "explosive tip" or is an enhanced projectile?

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

FWiedner wrote:So... My question is this...

Is the chamber on the head of that arrow a "firearm"?

Bow season and firearm seasons are generally separated.

If this bang-stick were used during a bow season, would game laws be violated because a firearm is being used?

Then there is the question posed earlier concerning the legality of "explosive" tipped arrows.

Is this device an "explosive tip" or is an enhanced projectile?

:?:
In Hawaii with it's most draconian gun laws I was still able to purchase my bangstick from a dive shop without a background check or a permit to acquire but the Bow Mag may be a different story.

I would consider this an explosive tip, a very well control explosion but nonetheless still explosive. I ain't taking no chances with our local F&G nazis even if a had a slight desire to try this item out.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

FWiedner wrote:Image

If it's part of the kit, I want one.

:mrgreen:
Yea, I can see you trying to hide that from the wife in a gun safe. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Wonder if this will be on BF ban list? I'm thinking I need a few dozen of those just in case we wind up having to use bows against "assault" weapons in the coming revolution. :shock: :twisted:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot