Photo, Girl and gun...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Photo, Girl and gun...

Post by smokenrust »

Ok, I need some help here,
The gun in the picture (now below in AJDM429's post) I know nothing about.
Is it a hammer model or hammerless?
Is her thumb getting ready to cock the a hammer or will her thumb be in the way for lots of pain?
In your opinion, does she have a good hold on this pistol?
A fellow's comment to his photo is;
"What's really strange (funny) is that not one of the many gun nuts enthusiasts on this forum have picked up on the obviously staged photo with a woman who knows nothing about guns.
She would have a very sore thumb, or maybe be missing a fingernail, if she were to actually fire that gun. Yup, we've got a lot of knowledgeable gun people on this forum-----------------not!!!
"
Just checking on this particuler model so he isn't just blowharding.
Last edited by smokenrust on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Photo, Girl and gun...

Post by AJMD429 »

If you want to delete your picture and use this one, it may avoid the 'politics' part...
Thumbuster.jpg
And yes, it does look like she's going to have a sore thumb. One of the things I stress to newbie shooters is where to put their thumb(s). Not sure what her left index finger is doing, either. I am assuming the gun is hammerless but am an old boring '1911-guy', so I don't know what exact model it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

No external hammer, pain from a broken thumb would be indicated if it was fired while holding the pistol like that.

IMO, any shot would be to little avail, since neither eye seems to be aligned with the pistol's sights.

The pic seem to have been designed to attract attention, highlighted both by the female model's right eye and the gun barrel's muzzle.

smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Post by smokenrust »

Thanks for the info.
Yup, I figured it was just a posed pic that someone didn't know much about holding because of the eye thing and the index finger deal, but ... what I didn't know was if there was a hammer on the back side of this particuler gun and she would be just getting ready to cock it.
Thanks, AJMD for your picture.
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Looking at the photo I was trying to decide it the gal might be left handed, and the angle of the photo might be deceptive with regard to aligning sights.

In any case, I'd think that when the slide on that puppy recoils she'll be droppin' the gun and or looking for a band-aid.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

There's a gun in that photo? Oh ya, now I see it.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

looks like a glock to me> If she fires, goodbye thumb! :(
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

By her thumb position I'd say that IF she was a shooter, she shoots mostly revolvers. I know / knew a lot of shooters who rested their thumb(s) on the recoil shield when shooting.

But, she just looks awkward holding it like that.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It is a photo, by an ignorant photographer using an ignorant model and a Glock. I quit caring how these idiots handle guns in photos for profit unless somebody tries to hold it up as an example. There are so many such it isn't really worth my energy to get worked up about them.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

smokenrust wrote:Thanks, AJMD for your picture.
If I can save Hobie half the headaches I cause him, I figure it helps reduce his Advil budget... :wink:
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:
smokenrust wrote:Thanks, AJMD for your picture.
If I can save Hobie half the headaches I cause him, I figure it helps reduce is Advil budget... :wink:
Hey....I resemble that remark :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I feel bad for you shooters of limited ability that actually have to use the sights. 8)
Slow is just slow.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

It must have the special 30 pound trigger pull option, it looks like shes using two fingers to pull the trigger.

And yeah, that isnt going to feel good after the loud noise part. :D
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

A blonde with a gun. Obviously staged by the anti-gun lobby.

It looks like one of those Tupperware guns so there shouldn't be any sharp bits at the back to leave a scar on the thumb like the one I got the first time I fired a semi-auto :lol:
If her joints are flexible I'm sure she will be fine.

Seriously though, this thread won't get interesting till we get OS to post a (in)decent pic of a girl with a gun.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.