What kind of bullets are you using for H & R mag?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

What kind of bullets are you using for H & R mag?

Post by BenT »

I 'm looking for bullet options that are economical. I would like to use hard cast to get more velocity. But am not interested in the heavy bullet weights for the 32-20 rifle. Hunters supply offers 76 grain hard cast. But I also see the copper plated 71 grain from mag tech.

What bullets is any one having good luck with ? Thanks
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

A local commercial caster and reloader (QPD reloading) who is semi retired now used to do a semi wadcutter for the 32 WCF that as I remeber was 80 grains. It sure was accurate but I never saw it used on game animals.

I wonder now how different (if at all) these were from the wadcutters used in 32 Mags?

And this not exactly on point but I recall someone on the old Sixgunner site using #00 buck shot on a charge of pistol powder to do some ecconomical plinking.

I can't recall any more than that......maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

Wm
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I've been casting the RCBS 98swc bullet from wheelwieght, they're turning out at 100 gr, and shooting real well in 2 different single sixes.
www.montanatbulletworks.com offers that bullet already done up , and I think in 2 different hardnesses.
As much fun as these single sixes are I'm sort of the mindset that one of those Marlins chambered in that 32 would just be a hoot.
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Post by colo native »

JR williams from Hunterssupply makes a damm fine pb pill, used em for over 10 years, have just made contact with him since he moved to NM, he used to be just down the road from my wifes folkx
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

Laser Cast has very good bullets for the 32 H&R,Mt Baldy bullet company sells the ones I am using 115gr fn.. Doug
a armed man is his own master