Good News for Illinoians

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Good News for Illinoians

Post by Griff »

http://www.foxnews.c...cealed-weapons/
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Re: Good News for Illinoians

Post by Hagler »

Griff,

Your link got trunkated. I dug up what I believe is the link that you posted. Here it is:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12 ... d-weapons/

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

OK, the court said the current law prohibiting the carrying of a concealed weapon in this state is unconstitutional. Fine, but since there is no law actually allowing the practice, I wonder what's gonna happen to those that try it now and get caught?

Personally I think we should be allowed to CCW due to the background checks we have to go through to get the FOID card. But no ... I'll bet they want another back ground check, more fees, more training, more hoops to jump through, more, bureaucracy more BS more govt,

OK, I'm gonna go now, it's obvious I'm not in a good mood to discuss this.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

J Miller wrote:OK, the court said the current law prohibiting the carrying of a concealed weapon in this state is unconstitutional. Fine, but since there is no law actually allowing the practice, I wonder what's gonna happen to those that try it now and get caught?

Personally I think we should be allowed to CCW due to the background checks we have to go through to get the FOID card. But no ... I'll bet they want another back ground check, more fees, more training, more hoops to jump through, more, bureaucracy more BS more govt,

OK, I'm gonna go now, it's obvious I'm not in a good mood to discuss this.

Joe
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, you're probably right Joe. But... NOW is the time to get your thoughts in coherent form and across to your State legislators. In writing. And, something that also sez, "my vote in the next election hinges on your actions." Get involved in som organization and get some numbers attached to your point of view. Listen, all those "anti-" groups are sending out letters extolling how many votes they represent; do the same. Anything to counter their numbers. Get next to your state representative, find out his views on the subject. If he/she is an "anti", change their mind. Get the idea across that there are thousands of legal gun owners to every criminal... a FOIC should be all the necessary documentation necessary for the CCW... and if they press back... ok, a class with actual live-fire training... It doesn't hurt one to have such training... if nothing else, it cements in one's mind the circumstances, etc. in which actual USE of the firearm is needed.

Face it, lobbying is a fact of life. Embrace it. You're an articulate guy. Get the local NRA representative to give you some tips. I'm sure there is a IL rifle and pistol association... get them to help you out. Heck, they may even have some money to spread around...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

J Miller wrote:OK, the court said the current law prohibiting the carrying of a concealed weapon in this state is unconstitutional. Fine, but since there is no law actually allowing the practice, I wonder what's gonna happen to those that try it now and get caught?
You don't understand the basic premise of our constitutional government; i.e. if there isn't a specific law prohibiting it, then it's not illegal and you can do it. The law doesn't grant you the right to do something, you are born with all rights not specifically limited by law. The US Constitution is based upon that premise and every state constitution must also be based upon it.

Theoretically then, because Illinois doesn't currently have a law banning concealed carry, you should be able to do it under the premise above; theoretically. However, Illinois is so corrupt I would seriously doubt anyone would get away with doing it. They'd trump up some charges based upon other laws that overly limit your rights but have not yet been deemed unconstitutional. Remember, YOmama came from there and the politics in Chicago have long been accepted as the most corrupt in the nation.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

COSteve wrote:...and the politics in Chicago have long been accepted as the most corrupt in the nation.
Why, Steve, you ain't short-sheetin' Louisiana are ya? (I ain't looked recently, but they used to be as bad, if not worse)! :P And, remember, it was Texas where the adage, "Vote early, vote often" came from! Surely New York gets an least an honorable mention?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:
COSteve wrote:...and the politics in Chicago have long been accepted as the most corrupt in the nation.
Why, Steve, you ain't short-sheetin' Louisiana are ya? (I ain't looked recently, but they used to be as bad, if not worse)! :P And, remember, it was Texas where the adage, "Vote early, vote often" came from! Surely New York gets an least an honorable mention?
King County (Seattle) Washington has to be in there. They keep finding votes until the dam 'Crat governor wins....everytime...and nobody seems very surprised about it. Just life on the left coast :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

BlaineG wrote:
Griff wrote:
King County (Seattle) Washington has to be in there. They keep finding votes until the dam 'Crat governor wins....ever ytime...and nobody seems very surprised about it. Just life on the left coast :roll:
I must concede that both Texas and Louisiana are in the running as are places like New Jersey (mob cement as an example) but from what I've seen in my travels, Chicago still ranks as the politically corrupt place in the United States.
Last edited by COSteve on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I might not understand the constitution, but I do understand the way Illinois LEOs and lawmakers think.

There is no state law saying a person can carry a concealed weapon, there for:

Turn around, place your hands against wall feet back and spread 'em.

>YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT
>YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO A LAWYER PRESENT DURING QUESTIONING
>ANYTHING YOU SAY, DO, THINK, OR HAVE EVER SAID, DONE, OR THOUGHT WILL ABSOLUTELY BE USED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF EXTORTION AND INTIMIDATION.
>IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD A LAWYER THE COURT WILL APPOINT SOMEONE TO REPRESENT YOU. (Of course since we're paying them, that means they are representing us.)

The Illinois State Constitution does not list the citizen as having the right to keep or bear arms. It says:
http://www.ilga.gov/commission/lrb/conmain.htm
Constitution of the State of Illinois
ARTICLE I
BILL OF RIGHTS

SECTION 22. RIGHT TO ARMS
Subject only to the police power, the right of the
individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be
infringed.
If something is subject to police power IT IS NOT A RIGHT, IT IS A PRIVILEGE.

I'm waiting for the first report of Mr. X's arrest for "Unlawful use and carrying of a deadly weapon". He'll loose his rights for eternity in this state.

Yes, I am a cynic when it comes to this Hell hole. I'll believe it .... maybe later after I've watched others do it and not end up in the slammer. Besides the current governor is just as corrupt or Blowjobavitch and Lyan Ryan before him. He won't sign a CCW bill into law even thought the SCOTUS has order it. My bet is he'll stonewall it for a couple years and leave the people in this State up the river and getting busted for CCW using the old law that was struck down.

I live here. If you don't, then don't try to tell me how things work here.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

The Court of Appeals delayed its ruling for 6 mos to give the Ill. legislature a chance to pass a constitutional law. After reading the opinion, I'd bet Ill. tries to mimic the NY law since the 7th Circuit seemed to feel it was one example of a workable solution. A total ban on concealed carry will no longer work according to the court's opinion. I'm no lawyer, but I can read the English language, and this is my own opinion of what was said in the opinion.
bakamorgan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bakamorgan »

It would be nice if a CCW could be used in place of a foid card. So then someone wouldn't have to have 2 cards.

And YES, I know what you are all thinking...it would be great just to get rid of the darn foid card. I agree with you 100%...just don't think that will ever happen so long as chicago resides in IL.

How about IL has a vote were we make the city be their own district and whatever backass ways of living they come up with won't mess with the rest of the state.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

bakamorgan,

A large deep moat needs to be dug around Chicago and filled with lake water. Actually most of Cook county too. Make them their own state.

East St Louis needs to be done the same way. They are the two most anti gun areas of the state where most of the leftists get elected from.

Joe
bakamorgan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bakamorgan »

maybe there should be another chicago fire...anyone got a lighter.