I Luv "my" new 308 MX Marlin!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

I Luv "my" new 308 MX Marlin!

Post by Jaguarundi »

I went to my local firearms emporium last weekend and after several months of curosity over the Marlin 308 Marlin express rifles(MX & MXLR) the shop had in stock-the MX followed me home.Well sorta,I pointed to the rifle and the clerk said"you got the fever and it's killing you".Yup maybe ..I think as I examine the bore.Ballard rifling nice...really clean machineing in the action.Actually some of the nicest factory workmanship I have seen from Marlin in a long time.The timeing is crisp along with a 3# trigger pull that breaks likes glass. :o I buy the only two boxes the shop has and carry the rifle home.Early the next morning(being curious) I cycle a full mag of ammo.Well thinking to my self as I examine the brass..that is some smooth cycling and smooth brass.Several Days.....later I decide to test fire the rifle.I figure 3 rounds at hundred yards why not.Well with open factory sights off the bench....1 MOA... :shock: .The seduction of this rifle.Oh I have done a bad bad bad thing?The problem was I was buying the MX as a gift for my son in law.Don't ask and don't tell,but I am keeping the 308 MX for my self.Besides he is happy with the old 336 in 30-30 I gave him last year. :twisted:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

Our local Academy Sports has them at a good price and they offer 3 to 6 months interest free credit cards. Yikes that's too tempting. I really want one, and I already have a Bushnell 3200 Elite 3-9X40 to go on it.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Glad to hear you like it, it is always good to read about good products coming from Marlin. a buddy of mine bought the first 308 XLR he saw and no he is bored with it, I may offer a trade.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I really dislike the XLR, but I love the MX.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I like them, I would like to have one.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

They are fine shooters! :D
Enjoy!! :wink:
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by big medicine »

This was my first 5 shot group at 100 yards after mounting the scope.

This is a two shot group I shot at 517 yards. I was low on ammo and needed to save it for elk hunting, so 2 shot groups was all I could do.

IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KIA 23 APR 2007, AGE 19,MUQUDADIYAH,IRAQ
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Old Savage wrote:I like them, I would like to have one.
Ron had one in stock last week, not sure if it's still there though.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Nice shooting big medicine!Well my son in law handled the 308MX today.Me & him are going down to the gunshop tomorrow and check out the 308MXLR in stock. :) He be bringing it home Yup. :wink:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."