Pawn shop perusing---what are they worth--99 & 336's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Pawn shop perusing---what are they worth--99 & 336's

Post by Thunder50 »

Local shop had a 336. 20"bbl w/barrel band, pistol grip stock,scope base. Really good shape, probably 90-95%, immaculate bore, crossbolt safety.
In 35 Remington. They want $249 for it. Also have another 336 in 30-30, I believe shown as a 336CC, with synthetic woodland camo stocks on it. Didn't take a close look, but they were asking $299

Last gun was a Savage 99 in 300savage. Pistol grip, rifle bbl., excellent bore, 740XXX s/n, kind of cheap scope, very good metal, good wood. They are asking $424.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

That's about what they'd go for around here. Personally I wouldn't care for the synthetic stock.

The 99 on the other hand would hold some interest. Did it have the spiral magazine or the detachable box? Personally I think the box mag on a 99 is a travesty.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Thunder50,

Don't know much about the Savage but Marlin 336's are a GREAT carbine and I think the $249 would be a good deal especially for a .35 Remington.

I wouldn't go $299 on the synthetic stock though but that is personal taste.

Geoff
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

A Marlin 336 in .35 Remington for $249 wouldn't sit on the shelf long around my part of the country. It would certainly have come home with me.
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

Good prices on all of them. Even plastic camo stocks can be swapped out fairly inexpensively.
Well done is better than well said.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

No detachable mag on it. Here in Colorado, its welcome, because you cannot carry any in the mag anymore. You used to, without one in the chamber, but not now.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

The first would have went home with me even if to just sit on it awhile. The price is not that uncommon for 336's around here, but not of 90-95% condition.

If I were a 99 man that would have been tempting for a price like that.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edsguns »

A great price for a .35 Marlin. the 99 also sounds like an exceptional deal, but I'd want to know if it was a walnut stock or hardwood as in the 99E (new version). Even as a non-walnut gun, not a bad price. The .300 Savage turns some people off, but at any sane 99 Savage-type range, no deer will ever know it wasn't a .308 that sent it to the "great food plot in the sky".
We are responsible for leaving the same legacy of freedom and rights given to us for our children and grandchildren.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

prices

Post by model55 »

I've been drooling over a 336 in .35 here locally ,very nice shape for 349.00 plus all the extra stuff California adds on. Consider that the Savage is no longer made and prices will not go down.I would not be too slow about getting out my wallet if you want them.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Marlin .35's are notseen for sale here very often and the 99 .300 is seldom seen in a shop here. Here either would be a real good buy.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15