Injured Soldier Update

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Comal Forge
Levergunner 2.0

Injured Soldier Update

Post by Comal Forge »

A couple weeks ago, I mentioned that my son was injured while serving in Iraq. This is an update for anyone who may be interested:

Harris has been at BAMC for about a week and undergone a couple of surgeries - with the latest one being a skin graft. They took muscles from his abdomen and a big piece of skin from his right thigh to cover up the wound on his lower right leg. That was done on Tuesday so Wednesday was a horrible day from a pain perspective. I have never seen anyone in such agony - especially worse since it was one of my kids. In addition, the treatment is pretty uncomfortable - he has been under heat lamps in an 86 degree room since the surgery; this is so the blood vessels remain expanded. His mom and I were simply numb Wednesday night. However, after 14 hours of sleep, he woke much refreshed and asked for some food. I thought that was a good sign and somewhat expected for his age.

The good news is that the docs said he heals at a remarkable rate and they have already downgraded him to stable condition from critical in two days. It helps that he is about to turn 21 and was in great physical condition before the incident. In fact, they took him off the morphine drip today.

A couple of people have asked about cards and such. He's not too interested in that stuff and we are certainly not asking for anything, but if you want to send something, mail it to: Spc. Harrison L. Wooldridge, c/o Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC), Warrior in Transition Battalion, 3851 Roger Brooke Drive, Fort Sam Houston, Tx 78234

We deeply appreciate all the prayers and best wishes - it's great that we have him 20 minutes away instead of at some place remote from family and friends. A lot of other recovering soldiers have no one to visit them - please take a moment to remember them also...
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Our prayers are with you brother. Harris sounds like a great young man. You are fortunate to have him as a son and we as a nation are fortunate to have him as one one of our own. I would be proud to drop him a card wishing him a speedy recovery and a brief mention of thanks for his noble service. God Bless. 1886.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I wish I had the words to express my appreciation of your son's service and sacrifice to this country.

My family's thoughts and best wishes are with you , your son and your family!
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

That's good news to hear he's recovering fast.
stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by stormspotter »

I am glad that Harrison, hope you don't mind me calling him by his first name, is doing better. Our prayers are with all of you.

My daughters 4th grade class wants to send cards to him. If he wishes to share them with others there, they would be very happy if he did.

Thank him for his service and sacrifice.

May God bless everyone one of our soliders and their families.

Len, Carol and Becky
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

God bless and thanks for your service Harrison. Heal well friend!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Heal well!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by big medicine »

My prayers are with your Son and your family! I hope only the best for all of you. My God Son was killed in action the 23rd of April 07. Not a single day goes by that I don't think of him. Give your son a hug and tell him you love him. For what it is worth, I would like you to give him a hug for me and tell him it is from a guy in Nebraska that appreciates everything he has done. May God bless you and your family.

Semper Fi
Alan
IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KIA 23 APR 2007, AGE 19,MUQUDADIYAH,IRAQ
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ram Hammer »

God bless and a speedy recovery.
No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself

There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
Will Rogers
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Comal Forge,

Thankyou sir for the update! Just know that we are thinking of you guys and REALLY appreciate your son's sacrifice and service! Lets all look forward to the time when he is healed up and enjoying life again.

All of you keep your chins up!!!

Geoff
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

What 2ndovc said +1
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

God bless you Harrison!!! I hope they have all the free ice cream you want.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
raven5
Levergunner

Post by raven5 »

Glad to hear he's recovering well. Sounds like he is a real fighter. Having twin boys of my own, I can only imagine what you and his mom felt seeing him like that.

God bless you all.
The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
- Samuel Adams, during Massachusetts' U.S. Constitution ratification convention, (1788)
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

we all owe you and your son a great deal of gratitude...
prayers sent for a speedy recovery....
and tell you son thanks
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Appreciate the update. Speedy recovery, my prayers and thanks.

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

My prayers are with Harrison and all of your family. Best of luck to this young hero. It will get better.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thank you for the update! Good to hear progress is being made. I can't imagine what you are going through - a parent's worse nightmare is their child suffering and nothing you can do about it. But there is always the one thing that helps the most - prayer. Prayers up!!!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Prayers said for all and, THANK YOU!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
sgtgrinche

Post by sgtgrinche »

thankyou and may you have a speedy recovery prayers for you and your family
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

Prayers up again and thanks for the heads up.Doug
a armed man is his own master
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Prayers for your son and your family. Thank your son for his sacrifice to this country.

Semper Fi
Old Law Dawg
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Comal Forge
That is great news. I know it will be some time before he is back up to snuff. Please pas on to him that I will continue to keep him in my thoughts.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis