Primers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Chris83716
Levergunner 2.0

Primers

Post by Chris83716 »

Just used the last of my free large pistol primers loading up some 45 ACP. The old boy that gave them to me paid 89 cents a 100 back in 1982.

I'm afraid they may have gone up in price a bit. :(

Chris
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Primers

Post by Griff »

Yes, I'm afraid they have. :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I think they are at least double that now.
I bought a Win 94 the other day, the Guy gave Me 2 boxes of Win 30-30 ammo with price stickers of $3.85. They went up a little also.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win38-55 »

I remember getting 30-30 ammo for 5.00 bucks a box for remington, times sure have changed and I am only 40. :cry: :cry:
Good thing I stocked up when it was that cheap. :D I don't think I will ever run out of the grand old 30.
Primers are different story though, they have gone through the roof and I don't have enough. :cry: :cry:
But I am working on correcting that. :D :D :D
Andrew: He is a real gun freak with way too many guns to shoot or clean.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Actually primers and ammo are cheaper than ever. It's our dollars that have lost their value as an exchange medium. We'd best buy those supplies now while folks are all still attributing some value to the paper we are packing.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win38-55 »

earlmck wrote:Actually primers and ammo are cheaper than ever. It's our dollars that have lost their value as an exchange medium. We'd best buy those supplies now while folks are all still attributing some value to the paper we are packing.

I am working on that as we are discussing this. :D :D :D
Andrew: He is a real gun freak with way too many guns to shoot or clean.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

earlmck wrote:Actually primers and ammo are cheaper than ever. It's our dollars that have lost their value as an exchange medium. We'd best buy those supplies now while folks are all still attributing some value to the paper we are packing.
+1
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Back in 1965 When Viet Nam was getting into full swing, I bought up a butt load of primers, anticpating a shortage like WWII. It didn't happen. I still have a thousand or two SR primers from that buy. After Obama won, like others, I stocked up on primers and powder. I have enough to see me out. I note that ammo and such is getting harder to buy again in the run up to the November election. I did my panic buy once, so there is no need to do it again.
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I think you're going to see things going up again. By September the shelves will become bare. I don't want to sound all dome and gloom, and this kind of talk may add to the rush, but if you're not well stocked (which you should already be) I'd get that way real soon.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I just spent $115 for 5,000 CCI200 primers and thats dealer cost !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !