Numrich gun spares?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Numrich gun spares?

Post by gamekeeper »

I have just ordered some parts for my Browning ADT as well as the budget stock for my 9422M.

They seem to be the only company that has the Browning parts that I need or a new (?) Winchester stock I can afford.
I have never dealt with this company before, so I was wondering what are your experiences like with Numrich?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I've dealt with them many times. They are good folks.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

game keeper,
Have used thier parts for some years, no problems
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Same as the other posts, used them many times and never had a problem. Plus their customer service actually picks up the phone :)

Steve
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

I'll be the disenter. I'v used them alot. About half the time they get it right.
They do answer the phone but if they actually sent what I ordered they wouldn't have to. Its usually for the right brand of gun tho. :lol:
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

They might not always have the most informed person on the phone. But they always make good on it. I got a part the wasn't what I thought it would be today. I 'll ship it back and they will give me credit. I'll keep using them.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

I've used them a few times, they were pretty good, also there was no problem returning some stuff and getting a refund (my mistake, not their's :oops: )
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

BenT wrote:They might not always have the most informed person on the phone. But they always make good on it. I got a part the wasn't what I thought it would be today. I 'll ship it back and they will give me credit. I'll keep using them.
That's right. You'll ship it back, and pay the shipping, even if they made the mistake!
I'm sick and tired fo getting crappy parts, or the wrong parts, and then paying shipping to send them back, just to either get more junk, or wrong agin, and paying shipping again!
Like a pawl for a Colt SAA that had no spring, and they wouldn't ship another, or the spring until I shipped it back! Or screws that have heads too big to fit the recess in the frame of my 1889 Marlin. Or the .45-70 barrel that was bored and rifled centered on one end, and 1/4" off at the other! Should I continue? (there's more!)
Heck, they even tried to charge me shipping when they sent me the right part after three tries! I told them it'd be a cold day in you know where before I'd pay shipping three times for their mistake. It will be a cold day before I order from them again too, unless their my only choice! (Heaven forbid!)
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'm 75% for Numrich/GunPartsCorp.com... They seem to run hot and cold. It comes down to who they have working for them at the time.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

I have dealt with them also for years with about 90% success. I like them for the most part. The only bad experience I had was several years ago, I was trying to get my hands on some screws for a late model 1903A3 and they sent me the wrong screws 3 times. I didn't mind though because the screws they kept sending me were much more difficult to find.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

20cows wrote:I've dealt with them many times. They are good folks.
Ditto! :D
xtratoy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by xtratoy »

I ordered parts for a Win 94 online. All showed as available. I paid and was charged full shipping for total of parts. 3 days later get an email stating 98% of parts were unavailable. I called and asked why they charged me full shipping cost and why they even bothered to ship two pins at all. They said to send it back and they would give me a full refund. I sent it back USPS and they denied ever receiving the package and of course never refunded anything. The package never was returned to me so I am sure they got it and just blew me off and made $15.00 the easy way.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Quite a mixed bag of responces there! :? I'll keep my fingers crossed and let you know if my orders arrive OK. :wink:
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Surely they can't get a 9422 stock mixed up! I can't wait Gk :P
Me being dumb err what is a Browning ADT? :oops:
Good luck, Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Nath wrote:Surely they can't get a 9422 stock mixed up! I can't wait Gk :P
Me being dumb err what is a Browning ADT? :oops:
Good luck, Nath.
Dont be surprised.
I ordered a locking bolt once & got a lever catch. But like I said up there they were both for a Marlin so they got the manufacturer right. :lol:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I've rebuilt several (well, 2) Winchester 94 and rebuilt my Riverside Arms side by side twice with parts from Numrich, E-Gunparts.com or whatever they're calling themselves today. I've received the wrong parts, mis-identified... but correct parts, more probably 90% of the time they get it right and on time. Since I started orderin' on-line, I seem to get what I'm looking for more often than not; rather than back when I'd look up in their catalog and mail in my order.

And, yes, since humans are involved, they can certainly err!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath,
My Browning ATD, stands for Auto Take Down. The barrel comes loose due to a missing adjuster ring follower, about the size of a grape pip and costs $5.50

I don't know why the photo makes the wood look so bad it's really quite good!

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

game keeper wrote:I don't know why the photo makes the wood look so bad it's really quite good!
Could it be the reflection off the fender of your Range Rover? :P :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

The only order I ever placed never showed up for about 3 weeks. I finally called them, it was back-ordered, they were out. Told me it would be a month. Then---it showed up 3 days later. Go figure.

i
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

This is the condition of a "brand new" Winchester '94 BB .375 barrel when it came from Numrich:

They did make it right though...after I paid to send it back.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

The Internet does make it much easier to deal with Numrich. Before you had to order by mail and after 30 days or so you would get a letter saying sorry we are out of stock along with a refund check. :x I think much of their stuff is kept in big drafty and damp warehouses and rust will be present on many items you get. :cry:
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Cheers GK good photo. How'd they shoot? Good to carry?
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

Some of their stuff is old , original parts that need cleaning.
At least they may have it available, when you can't find it anywhere else.
I've been pleased with them over the years for parts that are hard to find

I may get a Garand "Tanker" kit from them, when it is offered again.
Not to many places to go, when you are looking for something odd like that.
otteray
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My Basic 9422 stock arrived today total cost including shipping about $34.50 I'm very pleased with the service and the stock is plain and with a few minor scratches and dents just as advertised. I reckon by the time I get my Bargin 9422M I will have the stock looking as good as new. :wink:

Nath,
That liitle Browning is hard to put down but not as versatile as the Winchester regarding ammo. I waiting for Numrich to deliver an adjuster ring follower as the barrel shoots loose without one. I think I lost it taking it apart without the manual, it was spring loaded and about as big as a grape pip! :oops:
Last edited by gamekeeper on Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

Got an order from them on Friday. Excellent product. I have ordered many parts from Numrich, They are first class. Their customer service is second to none.
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I got the other part of my order today. It came well packed and just as I ordered. I put my Browning ATD to rights straight away but then it got to dark to take it outside to shoot. So I will have to wait to see if I have fixed the barrel from shooting loose.

I can't fault Numrich Gun Parts Corporation and will be happy to use them again. I recommend them to anyone over on this side of the pond that requires hard to get gun spares. :D