What are you guys doing to prepare for ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

What are you guys doing to prepare for ...

Post by rjohns94 »

Financial collapse, increased oil prices, escalating food costs, devaluing of the dollar, natural disasters etc....?

Many of us have talked about having enough ammo, lead, primers, what firearms we have or what gaps we need to fill. Hose things I got a handle on. My brother and I were talking this question out the other day. I recently have started getting real serious about this with a renewed sense of urgency. I have enough firearms with wants and needs filled. I have the ammo and reloading supplies so I started looking at various scenarios and started to revise how I allocate my resources and energies.

Financial: paid off all bills, got out of debt. Built up savings. Contributed to a retirement plan. Now I'm rolling it over to a gold IRA to get rid of the volatility of a stock market ready to fall apart again. The dollar is becoming worthless, the govt debt is going to get worse, oil prices are going up, euro is faltering, countries are facing economic collapse - all leads to investment in gold and silver. I have started buying 1964 Kennedy half dollars at below spot price as a portion of the investment strategy. Thursdays spot price was 13.28. This week I picked up 130 pieces below spot, already increasing my profit several hundred dollars in just doing the purchase. I plan on selling firearms to increase this opportunity of hedging against dollar decreases.

Health: worked on getting in shape, loosing weight, eating right, routine of exercise, building up endurance, stamina and strength. Completed getting full backpack equipment including shelter, sleeping, cooking items, all in quality equipment and lightweight. Also concentrating on getting great sleep, get medical and dental check ups. Getting problems fixed before they become even bigger problems.

Cooking and food: purchased multiple fuel grill for outside cooking. Got extra propane tanks, charcoal, and wood in case gas lines are cut. Cleaned out freezers, turning older meat into jerky, newer meat inventoried, freezer cleaned of frost and food purchased to complete a variety. I now have back up generators to maintain the freezers should there be a long term power outage, along with fuel. I have a small wind generator and small solar panels for battery charging. I expanded the garden and canning supplies. Canned goods are being stored,and date rotated. Water is in as are water filters. Stopped going out to eat, immediate savings in cash. Fishing and hunting used to supplement the meat supply.

Gas consumption: less in truck time, more MC riding in it's place and even more bicycle use to and from work. Savings go into silver purchases twice a month.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: What are you guys doing to prepare for ...

Post by harry »

And when the world takes a dump where are you going to go to collect your gold? If you invest in gold and don't have it in your hand all that was invested online or through a broker is gone.
Harry
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nothing. Be anxious for nothing - look that up.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Old Savage... I suggest heeding the Boy Scout motto...

Seriously, there is no way that we are going to escape a bad economic crash... the only question is the level of severity.

Mike is making a good point.

This isn't "Doomsday Preppers" this is just fact.

Obama had a recent "victory" that you probably didn't hear about... the Prime Minister of Canada basically said "FO" USA and has committed that his country's oil will be going to China. You can add that to the list.

I could provide the laundery list of reasons that we are going to see trouble but frankly, I'm tired of listing them out - it's all there to see, in plain sight.

On second thought, I'll list the worst few... first is that we have 3 times the cash in circulation than is needed to run our economy - three times more printed money than we've ever had before... coming up on $16 Trillion in debt - if interest rates go up (which they will have to soon) then the interest on this will soon become more than we can handle... and finally, we are soon to see the second "wave" of house loan defaults which will stress the already tenuous banking sitution... and finally, the derivatives market... this is a huge sword of Damaclese hanging over our financial institutions... this was behind the first housing crash.

No, there's no avoiding the situation now.
Last edited by O.S.O.K. on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Gonna pick some fat targets and drop them between 600-1000 yds. out.

Kidding aside(sort of), stocked up on food and water to feed four for a month.
If its that bad I'll be foraging daily. Fishing,trapping,hunting, etc. Yeah I know how.

Back in 1999 I lived on 35 acres out in the sticks. The Billy's that bought the other half of the estate were preparing for Y2K! They were convinced that there would be a world wide apocalypse. I had a run in with one of them on a sunny afternoon out walking my dogs and chasing woodchucks. After thier bloviating about how they"kill anything on thier property". I pointed toward my house. I asked if they could see the upper deck on the back of it. I said " that's my bedroom deck,450 yards from where we stand, I can hit anything I can see from there, including your front door. If I were you I'd stay where I belong".

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

This is no Y2K - that was a joke.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

O.S.O.K. wrote:This is no Y2K - that was a joke.
No kidding. But the rules still apply.
Those people were true "believers" and just as dangerous.

jb 8)

O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

2ndovc wrote:
O.S.O.K. wrote:This is no Y2K - that was a joke.
No kidding. But the rules still apply.
Those people were true "believers" and just as dangerous.

jb 8)
Oh, I wasn't referring to that... just in general.

I sure would be concerned about any "group" that presented a threat.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Proverbs 30:24 "Four things on earth are small, yet they are extremely wise:Proverbs 30:25 Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer;
Proverbs 6:6 Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
When Joseph was prime minister of Egypt he ordered food stockpiled for 7 years and it sustained the nation through a drought for 7 years.

I can't see that it's unscriptural to plan and provision ahead. The motive may not be redemptive.

I do not plan to stand and fight bloody battles. I hope to be out of the killer packs (per Hutu v Tutsi [sp?] ) I plan to emigrate to water world and try to provide time and space for my loved ones. I plan to participate in the diaspora, another Biblical response to catastrophe.

We are still under Grace regardless what befalls us, and we are to occupy until Christ returns. And that still involves being His outreach to people. Somehow. Somewhere.

Silver and gold are good to have because they hold their intrinsic value through the machinations and gyrations of the fiat systems.

I think .22 lr ammo might be even better in the immediate chaos. The metals are most useful when there is a valid and viable currency to convert them back into. Otherwise, if we use them to purchase .22 ammo, or whatever, we are losing the longer term future intrinsic value. I can see how bartering .22s might be expedient currency in the next dark age. And strike-anywhere matches.

It comes down to how much can you really carry if you have to start running, like Katrina, and what you will need and where you'll go. Cause massive numbers of completely lawless unrestrained unrestricted mobs can overpower most anything they want to. Korea comes to mind.

Eventually society will devolve to apocolypto (per the movie). It is already there in Chicago and Detroit and DC, or well started.

There is a big upsurge in home invasions in my region, and there is now some armed resistance, finally. But the pressure from the lawless is increasing all around me.

the poopoo is hitting the prop-o
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I think I have it well in hand.
Have the N.M. place.
Am in Phx. for medical procedures.
I do not buy gold, I produce it.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I will bring women. :)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

O.K.
Works for me!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Gonna take an optimist's view. Thinks are starting to get better. I'm not rambo, nor do I have 25 million to outfit and supply an Army, if things don't get better :cry: . I'll leave it in God's hands. Happy Easter to All!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Being preppared is not about spending a lot of money on things that you'll only use in a bad times situation.

Simply purchasing some extra food stuffs of the kind that store well and putting them up every week until you get enough to sustain you for an extended time is a good start.

Having a steady source of water - or a plan to get it.

Yes, having extra guns and ammo but also basic medical supplies.

The planning part (which is free) is probably the most important.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Perhaps I should elaborate.
Water comes from spring fed, gravity supply.
No mortgage.
Heated by wood ( available ) and propane.
Freeze dried food laid in.
500 gallon gas tank
Guns & ammo
The one thing I did well was plan.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Gold IRA actually puts real gold in a private deposit box, for me to do with as I want after age 59.5. It is tangible asset, with intrinsic value. Not like paper currency that has no support and is valued on the whims of speculators. The purpose is to protect wealth instead of loose it in a stock market that is ready to collapse. When I list my firearms I will actually list gold, silver, and certain other items as well as cash as the means to pay. A 5% inflation rate eats up ur earnings over 20 years. Investments of other securities only allows you to make a profit or stay ahead of that which the government wants to earn off u. Silver investment over last two years earned 113%. Over ten years, gold has yielded 800%. I am not anxious. I believe we are to be good stewards. I'm trying to do that. Nothing wrong with protecting and growing assets for an eventuality that I can see.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Being preppared is not about spending a lot of money on things that you'll only use in a bad times situation.

Simply purchasing some extra food stuffs of the kind that store well and putting them up every week until you get enough to sustain you for an extended time is a good start.

Having a steady source of water - or a plan to get it.

Yes, having extra guns and ammo but also basic medical supplies.

The planning part (which is free) is probably the most important.
Good common sense. Add a 2 week supply of wood or propane.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

rjohns,
Please do not be mad at me, recently moved a quantity of silver ( for a gun purchase ) that I aquired at $6.00 an ounce.
That was a while ago.
Yes, I have been doing this for a while.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Mescalero wrote:rjohns,
Please do not be mad at me, recently moved a quantity of silver ( for a gun purchase ) that I aquired at $6.00 an ounce.
That was a while ago.
Yes, I have been doing this for a while.

No way brother. I put this forth to hear ideas. No way could I be mad. I appreciate your foresight and preparation.
Mike Johnson,

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I won the lottery the day that old leather faced medicine man pointed his crooked finger at me and said " you come "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Amen
Mike Johnson,

cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

I'm going to invest in Reynolds Wrap. All those tinfoil hats.
Behind every sucessful rancher is a wife with a job in town.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Old Savage wrote:I will bring women. :)
I'll bring da beer! :lol:
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Got it made,
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

I'm building a Harley. :D
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Lady J & I have dibs on moving in with Mr. & Mrs. Pitchy when it hits the fan. :wink:
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

My preparation is more mental than actual, although I've put a fair amount of savings in cash which is ready to use. That's more because of problems at work than a global crisis. But if I have to relocate and job search I'll have money while I do it.

What I've really been doing is - doing the things I always wanted to do, and said I'd do someday, but didn't due to school or work or lack of money.

Thus, I'm mentally prepared for a boring life if it comes to that - at least I did the things.

This is more because I'm getting older - a health problem could come at any time. Even without a crisis, I will need to accept smaller living quarters, a roommate, an SRO room, trailer, or something like that, when I retire. So I'll have to downsize big time, lots of toys will have to go. I'm getting started on that right now.

I have also been buying ukuleles so I'll have something to do if I end up living out of my car. Coupla ukes, coupla guns, and I'll be good to go.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

casastahle wrote:Lady J & I have dibs on moving in with Mr. & Mrs. Pitchy when it hits the fan. :wink:
And you are welcome at my home. :)

Not many are going to like my opinion but it`s just that my opinion.
God has been allowing things to happen to bring them to their knees since Adam but man keeps trying to do it his way.
God will let things deteriorate further and further in hopes that man will turn to Him and change their ways.
This has happened before, God tore down the tower of bable and devided the people and gave them different languages because they were seeking other Gods and in a evil state. The world was in a terrible condition at Noah's time and God layed the hammer down.
This isn`t no joke, God is real and He will do what ever it takes to correct mans disobedience and evilness.
As far as getting ready ,if this is just another tribulation like the world has gone through many times then all the above suggestions are good, if this is the tribulation period of the bible about to begin then my suggestion is to get down on your knees and accept what Christ did for you on the cross and hope to miss the heck that`s coming on this earth.
I posted this in the politics forum but i`ll put it here as it fits.

http://akiomatsumura.com/2012/04/682.html
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

I'll respond, although it's no real concern of mine. I've always enjoyed being independant. I fix all my own stuff. I own my grandfather's old homestead which is off the grid. The Co. and state have no recodrs of the cabin. I own 120 ac. and my sister another 80, There's 68 sq. mi. arround us of State forest, read swamp. No adjacent private land. Lots of wildlife. I didn't exactly prepare. I just like it that way. If I go there to stay, good bye, I won't chat here anymore.

Owen
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Lot of land with woods,good spring water,game,even fish/fenced garden area too/out of debt/in shape/mind right/lot of guns,ammo/bows,arrows,edged weapons. Possibly hedging paper currency with Gold/Silver??
Self reliant is key. (Barter firewood to others for any other needed things.)if things go bad.
Anyone trespassing (will be dealt with)in a fast manner.
No need for electric if (have to)
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Heck, I'm only 44 and this isn't the worst economy I've seen in my life let alone through out the history of the U.S. Anyone remember the gas crunch of the early 70's? How about the late 70's under Carter? The farm crisis of the '80's? Early 90's recession? Things ain't good but I'm fully confident that the odds we'll bounce back are 100,000 times greater than those of a complete colapse. Some always want to throw out catch phrases like the "boy scout moto" and all that to justify what they do. In reality that leaves the door wide open from the guy who keeps an 'in case of emergency" $20 in his wallet all the way up to the idiot that thinks the world is gonna blow up this upcoming December. There is prudent and then there is paranoid. I'm not gonna be paranoid.

While I don't think of things we do as "prepping", our lifestyle in general is just that. Only on a small and prudent scale. I installed wood heat 3 or 4 years ago for emergency heat (plus I'm a bit of a piro). The emergency could be weather related, power failure related, furnace breakdown, run outta LP and yes economic related(way down the list).

We try to keep enough food on hand to get us thru a bad snow storm or an ice storm that might cause wide spread electrical outages and somedays I'd like to have 6 months to a year worth of food stuff in case the wife or me are outta work. Mind you I'm not talking about 20 years worth of MRE's, rice, pinto beans and canned food like the idiots on Doomsday Preppers but enough to get us thru a tough time. Not likely I'd ever need the food but it's not like I'm out any money as long as we buy what we normally eat and rotate it so the oldest get's used first.

The only debt I have in my life is the $4000 still remaining on our house.

For the more tin foil hat side of me: We could (but currently don't) raise rabbits, chickens and grow a garden that can, along with my hunting and fishing, help with food. I've done a great deal of trapping that can also bring food and money to the table if it comes down to that. My skill as an electricain can always bring in some sort of an income even in bad times and even if I'm paid much less than my current rate or barter for that matter. Much better skill than a computer tech or someone on an assembly line. Oh ya, I have a well.

While I may not have a bunch of gold or a $100,000 in the bank or in supplies I'm much better prepared than for anything than most people without even trying.

LK
Last edited by L_Kilkenny on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

hightime wrote:I'll respond, although it's no real concern of mine. I've always enjoyed being independant. I fix all my own stuff. I own my grandfather's old homestead which is off the grid. The Co. and state have no recodrs of the cabin. I own 120 ac. and my sister another 80, There's 68 sq. mi. arround us of State forest, read swamp. No adjacent private land. Lots of wildlife. I didn't exactly prepare. I just like it that way. If I go there to stay, good bye, I won't chat here anymore.
Pretty much my same scenerio, only a couple of hundred miles directly east of you, not too far from Iron Mtn.

Couple of hundred acres surrounded by tens of thousands of acres of virgin forest, natural spring near the cabin, besides having two 300+gal LPG tanks (280 gal useable each), there are two wood burners (one is a stove) and a years worth of split wood in the wood shed. We are on the grid, but have generator back up with a 2.5kW PV and a 5kW small wind gen hooked up through a inverter/converter/charger with battery UPS as being as remote as we are, we need the security of a back up system. We always keep at least 90 days of staples to feed at least 15 people in the event we go to ground along with a ten sealed large jugs (water cooler size, think they are 5 or 6 gallons) all stacked in the pantry. We also have a couple of presses, along with a nice selection of dies, moulds, and enough powder to keep us going for quite a long time. But this is all over two hundred miles from my primary residence which still has a mortgage, so I would just let it go even though the value is three times more than what I owe. Financially, not including my retirement savings, I could make it about a year and a half staying put, but if I headed for my bug out place, that capital would probably last ten years.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Being from So. Ca (earthquake country) I have 2 weeks supply of food & water, medical supplies, etc.; for short term only. Besides, we're all gonna die Dec 21, 2012 anyway, or at least that'e the latest dooms day prediction...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

mikld wrote:Being from So. Ca (earthquake country) I have 2 weeks supply of food & water, medical supplies, etc.; for short term only. Besides, we're all gonna die Dec 21, 2012 anyway, or at least that'e the latest dooms day prediction...
The Mayan calender is off....by six months! It will be June 21st because the Mayans did not take into account leap year!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

This Mayan calender thing really gets up my nose,
I am supposed to worry about a calender from a society that when Cortez came ashore with matchlock muskets and damascus steel weapons were still using stone tools and weapons?
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

The Mrs and I have been steadily preparing ourselves since the downturn began. We've purchased gold and silver and have immediate access to it if need be. But that was more about investing rather than emergency currency. We buy batches of .22 LR and 9mm as we use it up. We both compete in a weekly skeet league so we're always renewing the shotgun ammo supply. I stashed up on 7.62 NATO and M2 30-06 way back before the downturn. Not because of any societal fears, but because I was shooting a lot of it and it was cheap!

My wife learned at an early age how to can and preserve from her grandma so we naturally have a good stockpile of pickled and canned goods from our garden and trees. I keep a couple of cases of MREs on-hand for camping and back country outings. The camper is always read to go, mainly because we like to take last-minute weekend camping trips. But in a pinch, it would serve as a dandy bug-out home-on-wheels. We keep a good supply of propane on-hand for our BBQ grill and smoker, so we're covered there.

To be honest, we're more concerned about things going downhill in the event of a major earthquake in the Bay Area, causing a flood of homeless to the Sacramento Valley. Will our society follow the path taken by Greece and see widespread panic and riots?? I don't know. But I think we're as ready as we can be. We certainly don't lose any sleep over it. I guess our normal lifestyle just makes naturally prepared.

What truly bums me out is that if society goes south, getting my hands on good quality wine will be tough. Man cannot live on moonshine alone. :)
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Here in Northern MN we worry about Californians comming here when ''it'' happens. Sooner or later people will notice nothing ever happens here. Yawn.....No quakes, almost no twisters, no floods, Less fires, we're wetter, 10,000 lakes. We have clean water. The water starts here and runs to the Gulf and Atlantic. Plenty of game and places to hide.

I guess if it wasn't for winter and lack of jobs everyone would be here. Thank the Lord.

Here's my camp. It's not known of by the local gov.
No power or phone

Owen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Going to have to come over and see your hold out sometime. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

I can't really say what the future will bring but I do believe Merle Haggard had it right with (Are the good times really over).

Years ago I took all my retirement savings out of the joke market and have not regretted it ever since. I do all of my own repair work on everything I own. I don't carry a loan on anything and live in a very modest home that would not be good enough for most people. I always have a good garden and several fruit trees. A modern cased well with a jack box and hand pump. Always keep an old bomber Chevy truck from the 73-80s style for the simple fact that it is the cheapest vehicle to maintain, parts cost wise and there are plenty of used parts around also. I will probably get a half butt early retirement from the government/military in about 3 years and will be fifty years old. May have to work part time or do side jobs for cash but time will tell. Remember keep working as millions on welfare are depending on you.

PS. Hightime may have to worry about me squatting in that nice home.
Last edited by Marvin S on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Mescalero wrote:This Mayan calender thing really gets up my nose,
I am supposed to worry about a calender from a society that when Cortez came ashore with matchlock muskets and damascus steel weapons were still using stone tools and weapons?

At last. An open mind.

Cortez brought laminated steel, gun powder, and slavery. Not one of our better moments!

However, adopted into history was The heroic opposition of the Aztec's and later the Mayans as best as they could do against better weapons and tactics. Disband and disappear would be thier tactic.

They put up the best defense they could.
Like Martini's against the Zulu's or Metfordds against Mausers.

Thier time had come and gone.
Not saying its right, just history.

The most beautiful people I've seen during my travels on this planet have
been the direct decendents of The Mayan people!

jb

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Amen Jason. Just back from Guatemala and the people ae beautiful for sure
Mike Johnson,

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

2ndovc.
Thank you for the compliment, sir.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

The most beautiful people I've seen during my travels on this planet have
been the direct decendents of The Mayan people!
Don't know about that...Rachel Welch's off spring appear to fit their jeans (pun intended) fairly well. Does she have some Mayan blood?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I ain't tellin' nobody nothin'. I'll have my hands full fightin' off my lazy in-laws..

Here's a hint----The guy with the most amount of food and guns, the will to use the latter, and the ones most physically fit (in mind & body) will be the winners.-------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Just spent the day at the woods cabin. Looked at a couple hundred game cam. pics. Whitetail, three black bears, turkey, racoons, grey fox, mallards, sand hill cranes. The muskrats had the ponds flooding over the trail. I spent time breaking dams, trying 45 Colt loads, eating by the fire pit.

Owen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Though not really trying to prepare for anything specific, I'd say the wife and I are pretty well set. We're offgrid in a little homestead we've built and is free and clear. About the only thing we owe on is her Jeep and we really don't need that :D

We make our own electricity, appliances are ran on propane except for the kitchen stove which is a wood cook stove, can our veggies from the big garden we put in every year and deer and elk feed right up to the fenced garden... :mrgreen:

I realize at some point the propane will run out if things went bad long enough, my batteries will eventually wear out. So what, we still cook, can and heat water on the wood cookstove, pack water from the creek and the elk will most likely still be eating from the garden and our roses.

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

2x22,
same deal at my place,
a good feeling.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Mescalero wrote:2x22,
same deal at my place,
a good feeling.
:D

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

I am more concerned with the Dillon calendar than the Mayan calendar.

Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Having the place free and clear is good, but the guy who passes with the most debt wins.
My goal is to owe the Fed a couple million.

Owen