Win 94

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Win 94

Post by big bear »

Couldn't get something I wanted :cry: BUT, on rejection I came across a Win94 with a flat band metal90%, wood VG for $350, so I bought it. It's in 32Win Special. Good deal? I already have a later model (still pre64)94 in 32 I bought to get the Lyman sight for my 71.......
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Sounds like a winner to me!
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Excellent deal. Congrats. 1886.
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

I would consider $350 a good fair deal
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Oh yeah! If I'd seen that gun I'd have bought it. EVERY pre-64 .32 WS at the local shows and shops goes for $650 or so. I think you did very well.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

It has one flaw, a sling stud installed on butt. Nothing on forearm or barrel. Does anyone know of articles on how to fix the hole ( for aesthetics, not "collector" value, I don't much play that game.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I fixed one like that once. I took a small piece of dowel rod and glued it into the hole. Then shaped and colored it to blend in and then put some TruOil on it.
It wasn't totally invisible, but it didn't stand out -you had to look for it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edsguns »

big bear wrote:It has one flaw, a sling stud installed on butt. Nothing on forearm or barrel. Does anyone know of articles on how to fix the hole ( for aesthetics, not "collector" value, I don't much play that game.
Well, if you don't mind "crossbreeding" Marlins had for years a black and white inlaid decoration on the buttstock that may just fill the bill.... pun intended.
We are responsible for leaving the same legacy of freedom and rights given to us for our children and grandchildren.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

What would the Lyman sight go for by itself? $75 or so I think.....in which case you could say you got the rifle for $275 and that is a good deal!!

Good for you.....and I really am happy for you, but .....well...uh .....where are your pictures? :wink:

Wm
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

better get it
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

'94s'

Just about any good pre war '94 will bring over 5 beans now days.

grab it.. those flatbands are okie dokie... I have 2 and wont tell you what I paid for em...(levers were cheap in MI a few years back)

~Hill
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

J Miller wrote:I fixed one like that once. I took a small piece of dowel rod and glued it into the hole. Then shaped and colored it to blend in and then put some TruOil on it.
It wasn't totally invisible, but it didn't stand out -you had to look for it.

Joe
A wooden Golf Tee works great for that too Joe. The shank on them is normally long and slender ending in a point. Just trim to length and tap it in place.
ED
Yer never too old
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

Congratulations on your find. Anytime you can come across an older 32ws under $600, you are living right. I came across one recently myself but I ended up paying more than that for it.

I agree with the "dowel" suggestion. I have done this before and if you do it right, you can make it nearly invisible. Just wrap the stock, around the dowel, with masking tape and get a file.
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Picked up a Mod 94 in 32 Special two weeks ago. Serial # shows 1959. The blue is a solid 99% stock is perfect just old looking. Paid $650. It really shoots well. I think this one will be enjoyed with restraint and passed on too my Grandson. By then it might fund some of his college.