not a lever but ..... Model 141 .35 Remington should I get ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
H_Talon
Levergunner 2.0

not a lever but ..... Model 141 .35 Remington should I get ?

Post by H_Talon »

I have a chance for a remington Model 141 in .35 Remington ...

I have a 336 in 35rem .. but do I need or want a pump ????
he want's me to make an offer it's in about 80% ....

What do I do ??????????

Talon
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

isnt that the Remington with the spiraled mag tube? You can shoot pointed tip bullets in those.. go ahead... you cant have too many .35's

Jeff
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

They are great little rifles,I had one years ago in the .25 Remington.If you like it buy it.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

They do have a spiral mag. tube. Neat rifles. I have seen a few of them lately. Seem to be in the $350-$400.00 range. 1886.
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

If I had the money, I would never let one of those get away!!! Bty, how much is he asking?? Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Just get it...as fast as you can Pard. Break your arm getting your wallet out if'n you have to. Those Remington pumps are just super, just like the old 121 .22LR pumps. I have one and will never part with it.

LeverBob
Good fortune on your great find! :wink:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Sweet. 80% I'd offer $275-300 but that is on the low end by about $50. Those things are more popular in PA due to the law, not so much down here as they are "outdated".
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

My neighbor bought one last year in 35 rem and wacked 2 coyotes during deer season. They are very mechanically cool. There is a model 14 in 32 rem at gunshop near me for $340 . I'm afraid to go there because I'll spend money I don't have. I need to buy one someday.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Here in mid Michigan an 80% gun with honest wear (not from abuse or neglect) will often be found for sale for $250-$300.

Should YOU buy it.....well that is up to you. Would I buy it for that much even though I really don't need it....Yes, sadly I would and gladly face many more weeks of PBJ lunches until I squared it with the family exchequer. :lol:

The 35 Rem examples bring a higher price than the 25, 30, or 32 Rem models.

Wm
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

They are really neat rifles, even if they are awkward as all get out to operate for me. I have a Rem 760 in 300 Savage which will easily outshoot either of my Sav 99s in the same chambering. If it's a good price, I'd say go for it. Think of it as an investment. :lol:

Besides, no one comes to a gun forum and asks if they should buy another rifle if they haven't already made their mind to do it. You're just looking for confirmation to go ahead aren't you? Do you really think we'd try and talk you out of it? :roll:
Well done is better than well said.
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

I would say get it. They don't make'em like that anymore.
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edsguns »

Talon,
It's a pretty neat piece of shooting/hunting history. I'd say if you can get it for under 3 bills and you like it...DO IT!! I bought a MINT 1st year production 760 in .35 several yrs ago and have never regretted it.
Good Luck, Ed
We are responsible for leaving the same legacy of freedom and rights given to us for our children and grandchildren.
blackhawk44
Levergunner 2.0

Post by blackhawk44 »

H Talon!! Why haven't we heard a report that is now tucked away in your safe?
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Guys, I am in Pa. this week on business, stopped at a store on flegal rd in clearfield. they had both a remington 14 and 141 in 35 remington. both in very good condition. they also had 3 savage 99's on the rack. Pricing was fair $399. to $499. depending on the gun.