New Member in need of stock dissassebly help for 1895

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
HORACE
Levergunner

New Member in need of stock dissassebly help for 1895

Post by HORACE »

Hi,
I've just joined, and this is only my second post;this site sure has some friendly people with some great (and entertaining) advice.

I'm trying to remove the fore-end of my Marlin 95 45/70, as I'm refurbishing it. I've tried everything but can't seem to get the bloody thing off :roll:

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.
Horace
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Horace,

Welcome! :D

I cannot help you with that rifle with the bump on the bottom. That bump gets in my way! :P

Seriously, if you are talking about a real rifle, and not a carbine, then I cannot help you. Someone who can help you will be along.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Re: New Member in need of stock dissassebly help for 1895

Post by gary rice »

HORACE wrote:Hi,
I've just joined, and this is only my second post;this site sure has some friendly people with some great (and entertaining) advice.

I'm trying to remove the fore-end of my Marlin 95 45/70, as I'm refurbishing it. I've tried everything but can't seem to get the bloody thing off :roll:

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.
after you remove the forearm tip screw, their are two of them, you can remove the screw at the end of the magazine tube near the end of the barrel. this should loosen the whole tube. just drop the tube down (the forearm should come down with it) and it should come off at that point.
g rice
HORACE
Levergunner

Post by HORACE »

Thanks Gary R,
Have done what you suggested, and removed both screws holding the 'nose cap' on - and also the screw holding the magazine tube.
Unfortunatley no luck - it feels like its set in concrete with no movement whatsoever :cry:
I'm getting very frustrated, but do appreciate people's suggestions.
Horace
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Is it possible that the mag tube may be rusted a bit holding it in place? Maybe wrap a flat blade screwdriver with some tape to protect your blue and try a little gentle prying between the tube and barrel at the end.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

If you did as Gary said theres nothing holding it on but a tight fit. Pull the tube straight down away from the barrel a bit. Its got to come 1/2" or so down to clear the stud where it fits nto the tube cap.
HORACE
Levergunner

Post by HORACE »

Thanks Tedh & leverdude, following your advice I've finally got it off with no ill effects (mind you, I wasn't quite ready for the spring to exit out of the mag tube at about 5000fps :lol:
Mates, thanks and I hope I can call on you when I start putting this back together again.
Horace
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Oops. Forgot to mention that. :oops:

Glad you got her apart. :)