Names...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Names...

Post by slimster »

Back in the late 60's, in the Memphis phone directory, there was a listing for a "Harry Legg". Us kids got a good snicker out of that! (True) In high school, I dated a girl for a while named Candy (Candace) Barr. (also true) Of course at my school, there were also the infamous Lee sisters...Home and Ug...(okay, that one was a joke! :lol: )
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Slimster's post reminded me of a girl that i went to HS with; Candi Caine. We also though that it would be funny if she married another friend, Rodney Barr. Didn't happen tho...
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Went to college with a tiny Asian kid named Hung Lo. Knew a musician once with a stage name. His real name was Wackoff. Ouch. The Austin phone book for years had a listing for a Mr. Titzoff. Henauder Titzoff. What a handle.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

You guys crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

From an obituary in a local paper.

Alice Mae Dye, went home to be with the Lord on Saturday
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Tumbleweeds II
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tumbleweeds II »

Feller named Hogg here in town named his daughters Ima and Ura. Last I heard they were looking for him, like that boy named Sue.

I can understand Lily White and Pearl White, but I thought their brother Nearly got a bum deal (true story).
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I lived in Tullahoma Tenn. years ago, a family run funeral home named Deadman Funeral Home was in the Readers Digest. They are probably still in business.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

JerryB wrote:I lived in Tullahoma Tenn. years ago, a family run funeral home named Deadman Funeral Home was in the Readers Digest. They are probably still in business.
When I was growing up in Lander, there was a tech at the funeral home down the street who lived one door down by the name of "Graves".

Mr Henry (of Henry's Morturary) didn't like for him to answer the phone... especially since he sounded like Vincent Price too...

"Henrry's morrturraary... Mr. Grraves speaking..."

Great guy though. Sewed up our dog after she got a 3-corner tear from catching a barbed wire fence with her breast...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
pmeisel
Levergunner

Post by pmeisel »

Knew a man once some years ago: Richard Head.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Great great grandfathers. Elnathan and Jehu. Along with great great Uncles Ezra and John Younger. All Civil War Vets.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Know another poor little kid whow mom named him Anakin Smith. After all the teashing in school about Star Wars, he tells everybody his name is John.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Went to college with a tiny Asian kid named Hung Lo.
Hope he doesn't marry a hispanic lady and have a son named Jaun.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

There's an optometrist out there named Dr. Tingle; too bad he didn't become a dentist.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."