Where do you live and what do you do for a living?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

We live in the Northeast corner of CA (37-miles from the OR border as the crow flies) on 20-acres in Alturas, CA (5-miles outside of town). We are very remote. Nearest McDonalds=87-miles; nearest Burger King=116-miles; nearest Claim Jumper=220-miles. They sell T-shirts in town that say "Hell 10 Miles - Alturas 25 Miles".

Here is a part of our property. We are in the High Desert with Juniper Trees, sage brush, saw grass, and desert grass.
Lots of Deer, an occasional Elk, coyotes, jack rabbits, rattle snakes, mountain lions, and twice a year we have antelope one of whose migration routes crosses the upper corner of our property.

I am retired from the U. S. Navy (24-years), a power company in Southern CA (10-years) and draw Social Security. I don't do anything I don't want to do.

I would like to thank all of you who are working and paying Federal Taxes for paying my pension from the Navy and my Social Security and I would like to thank all of you who live withing the borders of the power company I am retired from for paying your gas and electric bills so the power company can pay me my pension from them.
ED
Yer never too old
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Retired Federal Special Agent. If I told you what agency, I'd have to kill you :D I will have been retired 5 years in July. We live in the Pensacola, Florida area on the bayou. The picture in my signature on the left was taken on my dock. This is a view from my dock. A lot of us seem to live in paradise.

Paradise sometimes can turn on you. Those pictures were taken before Hurricane Ivan destroyed my dock, put 3 feet of Escambia Bay into my house, and destroyed the I-10 bridge in 2004 :cry:. Everything is back to normal now, thank the good Lord.
Last edited by 66GTO on Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

116 to a Burger King - say it ain't so. Where do you have to go?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

I am 57 and have lived my whole life in Redding, California, a fast-growing city (currently at 90,000 people) located about half-way between Sacramento and the Oregon line.
In April I will have 30 years in as a city employee, currently as supervisor in charge of traffic signs and painting.
Been married to the same gal for 33+ years and have two grown daughters. No grandkids, and neither of my girls want kids. :cry:
I enjoy shooting old style guns, hunting, and fishing. As time allows I also enjoy going to car shows with my restored 1955 Chevrolet Nomad.
I'm looking forward to retirement and hopefully seeing the USA, as I have never been anywhere much but here.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

dbateman wrote:lm a apprentice diesel mechanic 6 months to go that works for a large company that has quarries concrete plants and bulk transport(road trains)
so I spend alot of time out bush
I live in Darwin Northern Territory and like to go hunting and shooting
thankfully we haven't got as many restrictions up here as the rest of the country yet hunt pigs scrub cattle buffalo donky ducks geese and do a fair amount of fishing
After a little web surfing on your area of Australia, it appears to be my kind of place. Your area gets a"blow" every few decades and have to rebuild like we do. You do seem to grow the largemouth bass a little larger than we do here :shock:

OK, it is really something called a Barramundi, not a bass. I want to catch one!
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Old Savage wrote:116 to a Burger King - say it ain't so. Where do you have to go?
That would be Klamath Falls, OR. The next closest one is 155-miles away in Redding, CA where "Shasta" lives.
ED
Yer never too old
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Old Savage wrote:And how is Clifton Clowers?
Still up on Wolverton Mountain guarding his daughter, I suppose :?
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Shasta wrote:I am 57 and have lived my whole life in Redding, California, a fast-growing city (currently at 90,000 people) located about half-way between Sacramento and the Oregon line.
In April I will have 30 years in as a city employee, currently as supervisor in charge of traffic signs and painting.
Been married to the same gal for 33+ years and have two grown daughters. No grandkids, and neither of my girls want kids. :cry:
I enjoy shooting old style guns, hunting, and fishing. As time allows I also enjoy going to car shows with my restored 1955 Chevrolet Nomad.
I'm looking forward to retirement and hopefully seeing the USA, as I have never been anywhere much but here.
Shasta -

I really like and use "Jones' Fort" gun shop a lot. That's where I bought my new (to me) pre-safety Marlin .444S Rifle made in 1979 for my X-Mas present to myself this past Dec.

I hear there is a gun shop in Redding called I think "Old West". If so, when I come into Redding on 299 and get to the 299/I-5 intersection, which way do I go to get to it. Some old codger over here in Alturas says that when he used to go there, they had several lever action rifles and single action revolvers on hand most of the time.
ED
Yer never too old
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I'm an electrical engineer that's been doing software for the last 20 years it seems. I do a lot of database (SQL) and service coding (Windows Services) but I like to do embedded design and control projects when I can ... machine to machine is a favorite.

I live just outside of Sanford Florida which is several minutes north of Orlando. I live on a small lake and enjoy fishing and shooting, hunting when possible. I'm a member of the SCGAA and primarily shoot at their outdoor range in Seminole County.

Much of my spare time is absorbed by my kids these day ... 13, 11, and 5.

There used to be a lot more large trees down by the lake but the hurricanes took them back in 2004.

gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

i live in north sandiego kalifornia. a former stockbroker. for the past 9 years now my son and i own and operate an armed security patrol business, it's the only way i can carry a peice in kalifornia. my only hobbies are guns, reloading and hunting.
g rice
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I'm 27 and work as a certified mine electrician on a ICG/Addcar Highwall Miner System on the biggest surface mine east of the Mississippi River for Massey Energy dba Progress Coal Co. INC. I've been a surface miner for eight years, and started in the Warehouse when I was 18. I'm a fourth generation coal miner with my dad also working for Massey Energy and my uncle and little brother who is three years younger working for ICG.

I was born in Bluefield WV Feb. 8th 1981, lived for 10 years in McDowell county in a little town called Premier just outside of Welch and Coalwood (yes the town the "Rocketboys" called home). We moved to Pocahontas Co. in 1990 and I graduated from Pocahontas Co. High School in 1999.

I'm getting married to the love of my life March 8th. I love to spend time with her first and foremost. I like to hunt, fish, collect guns, shoot, and spend time as a woods rat, and reload. I've been reloading for about 12 years now.

Last May I bought a house in Arnett WV. It sits on one acre with a stocked trout stream bordering the front of the property.

I have a Lab (Mia), a Husky mix (Zeke), a St. Bernard (Sabastein) and a cat (Phoenix).
Buck taken with an AR-15 in 6.8 last season.
Last edited by shawn_c992001 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

I'm 35 and live with my wife and daughter in Lawrenceville, GA. We have a nice little cape on a half acre, which we plan to keep and rent out when we buy some land outside of Babylon (the sprawl-city of metro ATL,).

I'm almost a paramedic, but work as an EMT until I get my numbers. I work for a private ambulance service out of Conyers, GA. We have a contract with Rockdale Co to provide emergency services on a 24-7 basis. We also have a handful of day trucks that do transports between hospitals and nursing homes or other hospitals.

Not a ton of money in 911, so we pad the accounts with transport money.
The company I work for is family owned, all of them advanced level paramedics. I love my job, and making a difference in people's lives/deaths.

:)

With my unique schedule, I get two days off between shifts, (when not in school,) to hunt and fish while everyone else is WORKING!
Kurt
Levergunner

Post by Kurt »

I live in Coquille, Oregon, I'm almost 50 years old, married, and have 5 children, 3 from previous "relationships." My wife has put up with me for 22 years, God bless her! I am an Industrial Maintenance Millwright, employed by the largest closely held forest products company in Oregon, we make plywood, particle board, OSB, and lumber, so build with wood!

My wife is a graphics artist, plays piano for the church, we cook for church camp.

My week-end is Tuesday and Wednesday, I work 2 different shifts a week, 2 graveyards and three swings, unless I'm covering for vacation time someone else is using. Shooting time is scarce, but I shoot and hunt every chance I get.
Kurt in Southwestern Oregon
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

Principal Scientist for a small group of test instrument companies based in Long Island, New York. Here's where I live in England when I am not living on Long Island
The house is just behind the old village pond
Surpisingly rural considering it is only 20 miles south of London. We are going back for good in May, when my visa expires and the Feds kick me out.

Perry Owens
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Scott64A wrote:I love my job, and making a difference in people's lives/deaths.
I can tell you're an insider! That's SO true - even when the patient has a terminal situation, a compassionate caregiver can help them deal with it, and help their loved ones as well.

I'm a family physician in Indiana. I live on about 50 acres of hills/swamp/riverbottom floodplain that has been in the family for over 100 years. I bitch and moan because I make about 1/3rd the hourly wages I'd get if I'd stuck with my undergraduate degree (pharmacist), but in truth I'd not have it any other way. There need to be at least SOME physicians out there willing to practice for the patient rather than 'for the insurance company.'

I've been shooting since about age 5 or 6. Deer hunting for about 9-10 years, and bought my first levergun (Marlin 1894) sometime in the 70's.

Here's Grandma and her father camping on our farm before they bought it - I still have the Marlin 1889 (.32-20).

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Modoc Ed- PM sent regarding your question.

SHASTA
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Bullard4075 wrote:HEY RIHMFIRE .... I was born and raised in Ormond -By-The Sea !!!

I live in Billings, Montana now and I am an Air Traffic Controller.
Your lucky ........
I wish i was there....
I have been trying to get to montana for 20 years
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

2ndovc wrote:I recently moved back to the little town of Vermilion, OH where I grew up. Found a deal on this beauty of a house..

and turned it into this..

You probably guessed I'm a Restoraiton Contractor. :) Just this year I got an offer to merge my little company with one about ten times larger and the resources to go with it. They offered me twice the salary and half the headaches. Only bummer is not so much time off for a while.

Spend a lot of time on Good Ole Lake Erie. probably the biggest reason for moving back here. I hated being an hour away from the boat.

8)
Excellent renovation and addition....
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

shawn_c992001 wrote:I'm 27 and work as a certified mine electrician on a ICG/Addcar Highwall Miner System on the biggest surface mine east of the Mississippi River for Massey Energy dba Progress Coal Co. INC. I've been a surface miner for eight years, and started in the Warehouse when I was 18. I'm a fourth generation coal miner with my dad also working for Massey Energy and my uncle and little brother who is three years younger working for ICG.

I was born in Bluefield WV Feb. 8th 1981, lived for 10 years in McDowell county in a little town called Premier just outside of Welch and Coalwood (yes the town the "Rocketboys" called home). We moved to Pocahontas Co. in 1990 and I graduated from Pocahontas Co. High School in 1999.

I'm getting married to the love of my life March 8th. I love to spend time with her first and foremost. I like to hunt, fish, collect guns, shoot, and spend time as a woods rat, and reload. I've been reloading for about 12 years now.

Last May I bought a house in Arnett WV. It sits on one acre with a stocked trout stream bordering the front of the property.

I have a Lab (Mia), a Husky mix (Zeke), a St. Bernard (Sabastein) and a cat (Phoenix).
Buck taken with an AR-15 in 6.8 last season.
Nice Buck...
I love to go camping and white water rafting in West Virginia
...I mean.... "BY GOD WEST VIRGINIA"
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Scott64A wrote:I'm 35 and live with my wife and daughter in Lawrenceville, GA. We have a nice little cape on a half acre, which we plan to keep and rent out when we buy some land outside of Babylon (the sprawl-city of metro ATL,).

I'm almost a paramedic, but work as an EMT until I get my numbers. I work for a private ambulance service out of Conyers, GA. We have a contract with Rockdale Co to provide emergency services on a 24-7 basis. We also have a handful of day trucks that do transports between hospitals and nursing homes or other hospitals.

Not a ton of money in 911, so we pad the accounts with transport money.
The company I work for is family owned, all of them advanced level paramedics. I love my job, and making a difference in people's lives/deaths.

With my unique schedule, I get two days off between shifts, (when not in school,) to hunt and fish while everyone else is WORKING!
I am going to build a big box store call BrandsMart USA down the
road from you in Buford...
Senior Levergunner

Grosse Point Park, MI

Post by 2571 »

Criminal lawyer. Former Detroit cop, my favorite hangun is the S&W Model 10. You guessed it, I shoot .38 Special in a Marlin lever.
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

Private practice lawyer in Clarkesville, GA.
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Howdy...great site...new member...
My wife and I live in Sacramento, CA. I'm a network engineer for Verizon and she's a project management consultant to the State. We both love fishing and we'll camp or hike any chance we get. We also enjoy gardening, football, brewing beer, and want to try our hand at making our own wine.

Me? I love hunting with leverguns and competition shooting with military surplus rifles. I still go after blacktails and hogs with the same Marlin 336 30-30 that my dad gave me when I was 15, and I'm working on some handloads for my Browning 1895 30-40 Krag and can't decide on which rear sight to mount on that bad-boy. There's a Puma 92 45LC and a Marlin 1895CB 45-70 in the safe as well.

At the Sac Valley Shooting Center, we put on a silhouette match every 3rd Saturday. If anyone else here is in the area, bring 80 rds, your milsurp rifle and come bang some steel with us. It's a heck of a lot more fun than punching holes in paper, and you'll meet some fellow "gun-nutz". I usually haul out either my Swiss K31, Finn M39, a gorgeous 1902 Swedish Mauser, or a good ol' 'merican 1903A1. :D
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am a Pharmacist for Walgreens. I live in Red Oak, TX, which is the last suburb as you leave the Dallas area going south on I35E before you hit some farmland then Waxahachie. My wife and I are both U. S Army Veterans of a 3 year hitch, and I was a Paratrooper with B co 3/504 for a while. I love my Puma lever action in .480 Ruger. There are more powerful rounds available, but I like this one.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I live in west central Texas. I'm a retired teacher/coach. I taught many different subjects and Coached high school football for 31 years.
"That'll Be The Day"
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

I am B737 Captain. My wife and I split our time between Calgary Alberta and a Marshallville Ga. We are about to be blessed with our first child a little boy, due early April. In an effort to be near my wifes Mama I have been commuting back and forth to ATL a lot the last 5 months.
Pathfinder
Levergunner

Me, I'm a

Post by Pathfinder »

Firefighter/ Tactical Paramedic in NY.

I shoot competitive high power with NYSRPA, Have a wife, 3 daughters (2 in college) a 7mo old Golden retriever pup and a 108yo house on top of a hill. It sits on 8 acres of my own surrounded on 3 sides by several thousand acres of forever wild state land.

Did I mention I'm happier thana pig in.................

UPDATE: This is the Mrs. and Granddaughter walking off the east meadow towards the house.....
Last edited by Pathfinder on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Better that you bring me tobacco in prison than flowers to the cemetery". - Spanish Legion saying

OR

"I'm not mean, you're just a sissy."
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

I think we might have covered this before, but...

Manufacturer's Representative for global passive electronic components (both pcb level and industrial) manufacturer, also support lines in the interconnect, transformer, and interactive display assemblies to OEM engineering. I'm in the business of demand creation so therefore I do not generally dabble in the demand fulfillment, that is handled by franchised distributors.
Started my career right out of college as a R&D engineer for a machine tool manufacturer back in the '70's, that didn't last but a few years when they went belly up due to the Japanese invasion at the time. Was out of work for one full year, almost lost my house but by selling almost everything else I owned managed to hang on to it. Shifted gears...literally, friend spotted me a grub stake to buy a load of perishable goods. Well I bought a semi truck/reefer trailer and a future load of tomatoes out of Tracy, California. Problem was, I never drove a truck before and I was here in Wisconsin and the load out there. Trip leased a load of LTL out of Milwaukee and headed west, within a couple of days I managed to empty out in Livermore and paid for, along with retrieving my load of tomatoes. Sold that load to a broker in the Central Market in Montreal, QP. 'Course I had to buy permits along the way, and figure out how to keep the tomatoes green with very little yellow stripes, good thing my grub stake friend was experienced(he guided me by the phone). Made the delivery, paid off the grub stake and had enough to buy a load of strawberries when I got back to the States. Over the next thirteen years I built that little start up to 11 trucks, 26 trailers, and twenty two employees, along with twenty odd owner operators leased to me. Then NAFTA happened and my margin dropped to low single digits when the big boys came to rain on my parade, at the same time I was going through a nasty divorce (ok, they are all nasty) and my soon to be ex, wanted half the income of the business to support her and her teenage (really 23, she was 40) boyfriend. So I had a fire sale, sold everything for salvage value (.10 on the $1), split the difference with her but was now out of a job.

Next career: Field Applications Engineer...traveled all over the west setting up trenchless technology solutions for utility rehabilitation. Every where from Rock Springs, Wy, Mt. Home, Id, San Diego, Ca, even saved the old prison (now a post office) in the Presidio by SF. Did such a great job, they made me Western Sales Manager. Put 250k miles a year in an airplane flying to dealer networks, engineering seminars, and trade shows...even two weeks a year where Ji lives. That all came to an end on September 11th, 2001...along with almost my entire retirement savings that went "poof" when the bubble popped.

Since then I've been pretty much in the electronic components business, primarily in Avionics, COTS, and Military spec applications.

Live 2/3 of the year on a small lake near the confluence of three townships (Eagle, East Troy, and Mukwonago) in Wisconsin, right outside the Southern Kettle Moraine State Forest. The rest of the time I have a few hundred acres in far northern Wisconsin with a cabin on it, north of where Bigha lives an hour or so.

Now what I spend most time doing is shoveling this sh*#:

Instead of playing with my guns!
ornery
Levergunner

Post by ornery »

:) I guess I'm one of those 'new guys' you intended this for. I'm a cowboy, meaning I tend other peoples cattle for a living. I have been doing this all of my life. I've tried a few other JOBS, but have always come back to what I love most and do best.

This year, however was a year of changes....new wife, opened my new biz, Wild Bill's Trading Post, here in Chama, New Mexico. It is a full service saddle shop with the only walk-in cigar humidor for over 100 miles. The hundred miles goes for Walmart, McD's, etc.

I'm originally from Montana, but I've cowboy'd EVERYWHERE a fella can pretty much cowboy.

My hobbies, guns (My Pop was in the gun biz for over 30 years), fly fishin', horses, hunting, and traveling. I ended up with a home in S.A. by way of marriage. (I was hopin' fer a bass boat!) We try to get over there every winter.
My other hobby is "cowboy poetry". Was blessed to be published last year.

Just a little aside......I belong to a lot of forums and haven't found a nicer bunch of guys (after reading the old posts) than you fellers. Thanks for lettin' me squat around yer fire.

Soy vaquero, nada mas.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm 40, just broke $30K this year, and live too close to Chicago to have a reasonable escape route unless I buy a boat to run North on Lake Michigan. :x

My 2 bedroom town home is nestled between 2 gangbanger-wannabe Public Housing projects... but it does have a nice woods in back to bury the bodies in. :twisted:

I was a Artillery "special weapons" technician for the Army until the Clintoon RIFs, worked as a data analyst for the Oil Industry in Alaska before going back to school in '96 to get a degree so I could be "more employable". :roll:

Now I'm an office monkey for a small Architectural firm. Good use of a Degree there... :cry:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Hook

Post by Hook »

I live in south Louisianna and play the trombone in a New Orleans house of ill repute.

Always wanted to say that. Just another engineer (of the civil persuasion) located in the backwoods of central Alabama.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Western Washington and I've been working for the same water utility for 10 years. Currently state certified as the Cross Connection Program Manager and certified as a Water Dist. Specialist........ I can just about answer the question about how cold is the well digger's butt.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I live in Punta Gorda, Florida with my wife and daughter. We have a nice little house with a boat ramp at the end of the street. We operate a small home services company, I do everything from home health care to lawn maintenance. I even scrub toilets for the right price. We home school our daughter which requires a flexible schedule. Occasionally I take graveyard shift employement, but this year business has been good.

Doc is my nickname given by long ago co-workers, we had name tags with our first and middle initials and last name DR Walker.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JNG »

I am a lieutenant in the Dayton Oh Fire Dept. I worked as a Police Officer for 5 years before becoming a firefighter. (long story) I've been on the job for 26 years and can retire when the wife lets me. I own some land in Pike County Oh and would like to retire down there. Until then, I work to hunt and shoot with my sons and grandkids. BTW, my youngest completed his class as a Rescue Swimmer for the US Navy and is now stationed at Mayport Fl. 60 men started the class and 7 including him passed. Yea, I guess I'm a proud dad.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I'm in east West Texas (probably not far from rangerider7, but this IS Texas and "not far" is relative).

I'm a school teacher and part-time rancher. We were able to buy up most of the old home place, where my dad grew up. I live in his home town and he lives in mine.

"Home, home on the range..."
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

High in the CO Rockies at 9000ft. Active National Gaurd, engineering student, former General Contractor, used to train police and protection dogs, born in Eugene OR.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by .45 »

I am a self employed heating and A/C(and whatever else needs to be done) contractor in Friend, NE.
Rhino357
Levergunner

Post by Rhino357 »

I live in Beaverton Oregon, and I am an Experimental Machinist.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Now in Guthrie OK... I do safety work (consulting and training) for a state wide utility associationin OKC

I have been in high voltage construction and repair work for years... everything from watch batteries to lightning,

About 10 years to retirement.
bleeber
Levergunner

Post by bleeber »

Hello all. This is my first post. I look forward to many others.

I live in Naples, FL. That's pretty far South on the West coast of the state. I'm a biochemist and own a company that manufactures nutritional supplements of all kinds.

Hobbies: Most shooting sports, boating, fishing, weightlifting/powerlifting, wine collecting, investing in small business. I have had a strong interest in hunting since I was 17 (I'm 39 now) but grew up in family, and town, that didn't hunt. So, over the last several years, I've been trying to teach myself about the sport. I have 2 boys, 1.5 year old and a 3.5 year old, and I want them to grow up knowing the sport well.

I am sure I'll learn a lot here and thank everyone in advance for the useful information.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Welcome aboard bleeber!
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Welcome bleeber!!! I know exactly where you're at. My Mom and Dad lived in Venice, FL from 1970 until they passed in 1998 (Mom) and 1999 (Dad). Spent many years along the Gulf Coast.
ED
Yer never too old
S.B.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by S.B. »

Central Illinois, construction laborer for the last 32 years.
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA, ISRA, AF&AM Pontiac #294
LIUNA #996 for the last 32 years, retired after 34 years.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

Thanks RIHMFIRE
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

You ever seen a more diverse crew?
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edsguns »

bleeber wrote:Hello all. This is my first post. I look forward to many others.

I live in Naples, FL. That's pretty far South on the West coast of the state. I'm a biochemist and own a company that manufactures nutritional supplements of all kinds.

Hobbies: Most shooting sports, boating, fishing, weightlifting/powerlifting, wine collecting, investing in small business. I have had a strong interest in hunting since I was 17 (I'm 39 now) but grew up in family, and town, that didn't hunt. So, over the last several years, I've been trying to teach myself about the sport. I have 2 boys, 1.5 year old and a 3.5 year old, and I want them to grow up knowing the sport well.

I am sure I'll learn a lot here and thank everyone in advance for the useful information.
Bleeber, Welcome, and you have found a site where not only are there a lot of experienced people to help you, but also a site that promotes friendly and sincere encouragement for it's members. Again, welcome aboard, Ed
We are responsible for leaving the same legacy of freedom and rights given to us for our children and grandchildren.
Bob Hatfield
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bob Hatfield »

I live in Beckley WV and work for the U.S Dept of Labor as a coal mine safety and health inspector (electrical).
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

sore shoulder wrote:High in the CO Rockies at 9000ft. Active National Gaurd, engineering student, former General Contractor, used to train police and protection dogs, born in Eugene OR.
Frank, are you AGR now? Good for you!!!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
azoil
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azoil »

tabingcolt,

That pond looks familiar, where is it?

I sent you a PM as well.

Dave
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

66GTO wrote:Retired Federal Special Agent. If I told you what agency, I'd have to kill you :D I will have been retired 5 years in July. We live in the Pensacola, Florida area on the bayou. The picture in my signature on the left was taken on my dock. This is a view from my dock. A lot of us seem to live in paradise.

Paradise sometimes can turn on you. Those pictures were taken before Hurricane Ivan destroyed my dock, put 3 feet of Escambia Bay into my house, and destroyed the I-10 bridge in 2004 :cry:. Everything is back to normal now, thank the good Lord.
We still see blue roofs when we visit family down there (wife's family settled northwest Escambia County, FL and Marengo, Clarke, Choctaw, and Wilcox counties in Alabama). Nothing was said about Ivan despite the tons of debris carried away from all over. I'm glad you've got the bay out of your house and your dock back.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson