Putting a sling on a Win 94

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Putting a sling on a Win 94

Post by shooter »

I'm looking to put a sling on my 94, and my buddy wants to do the same. I'm having trouble locating the band for the fore end with the swivel stud in it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I checked Midway and Numrich and didn't have any luck. Thanks.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: Putting a sling on a Win 94

Post by Mike D. »

Take a look at GB, they are there from time to time. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Brownells.

Here's one link

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4179 ... WIVEL-SETS

Look around, there's probably more possibilities
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

If memory serves, there is an uncle mikes for the Mossberg 500. If you are handy you can drill and tap the band. I did this on my 356 but I messed up and it pulled through. Not much metal in those bands. On my circa 1943 model 94 I have a swivel installed in the forearm band. I believe this was an option at the time along with the sling hooks. I haven't seen many with this.
You can always get a magazine clamp type.

Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

wecsoger wrote:Brownells. Here's one link

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4179 ... WIVEL-SETS Image
I think the OP was looking for the kind that goes around the WOOD forend, as well as the barrel.

(MidwayUSA.com has these for Marlins I know for sure - have to check for Winnies)

I've drilled and tapped the ones on my Rossi 92's without much hassle. I install the bolt-threaded Uncle-Mike's swivel studs, JB-Welding them in place then filing and polishing the inner surface where it would contact the wood.

Image + Image

The 'clamshell' magazine bands work well, too, and are easiest to do.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

You're absolutely correct. I threw that link up there without more exposition as I was heading out the door.

Think iceman pointed out if you drill and tap, there's not much metal there to work with. That means you'll have to replace the whole band, a bit more expensive.

The aesthetics of the barrel mount v. the band mount doesn't bother me, and the barrel mount is cheaper and to me sturdier. Plus also much easier for most of us to install.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

wecsoger wrote:The aesthetics of the barrel mount v. the band mount doesn't bother me, and the barrel mount is cheaper and to me sturdier. Plus also much easier for most of us to install.
Sometimes I get some play in the magazine tube that was probably already there, but it seems to accentuate the tendency to rotate, if I have a stud on it.

On the other hand, I know what you mean about the thin steel to work with; the Rossi guns seem to have plenty, though only probably 2 or 3 threads engage the stud - that's why I JB-Weld them as well.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
PackinPreacher
Levergunner

Post by PackinPreacher »

I just put the barrel mount configuration on my 1941 Winny 94 30WCF. I believe that it was an Uncle Mikes #1391-2 QD. There are several places who show them online but I was able to find a set locally.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God ... Romans 1:16
NRA Life Member, SAF Member
VietNam Era Vet (USN/USNR CTT2)