Support Starbucks during the anti gun boycott!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Support Starbucks during the anti gun boycott!!!!!!!!!

Post by sore shoulder »

Gentlemen, it may come as as a surprise to you that Starbucks supports the right to carry in their stores. Due to this, a wacko anti gun group is staging a Starbucks boycott on Valentines Day. Even if you don't belong to the pinky raising coffee crowd and prefer day old warmed over Folgers cause you don't have discriminating taste buds, please support Starbucks on Valentines Day and buy a cup of coffee or something from their deli counter, this is very important that we let Starbucks know that we support the brave stance they are taking on your right to carry.

Also, I want to dispel the internet rumor that goes around every so often that Starbucks doesn't support the troops. I personally drank coffee supplied for free to the Dallas airport USO, including the dispensers, cups, cream and sugar by Starbucks. I've also heard of similar things from other soldiers. The email that keeps circulating is from a Royal Marine claiming that Starbucks wouldn't send them free coffee. Royal Marines are British troops. I personally have no problem with Starbucks not sending free coffee to Brit troops. Maybe someone could send them some tea. Yea, I still carry a grudge lol.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: Support Starbucks during the anti gun boycott!!!!!!!!!

Post by wecsoger »

Just looked this up, if you do a search on "starbucks boycott" this shows as the first hit.

I'll have go to find one. For me in southwest Ohio the soybeans outnumber the coffee beans by a huge factor. And Carhartts with a carpenter's flat pencil are more prevalent than an iPad and button down dress shirt.

I've always had an interesting relationship with Starbucks. I'll admit, I am a true coffee snob. Roast my own beans. Have a stainless steel espresso machine with matching grinder I easily paid more than any one of my guns. I always thought their price point was too high and on regular coffee didn't like the heavy roast they did.

But regardless, they have a consistently good product (except at airports!), and having the free wifi in their stores has saved my butt several times for me to grab company email or get reference info for a job.

So yeah, I am a (mostly) loyal customer.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I don't buy $3.50 coffee unless I have a gift card. :D

OK I read it - I'll go buy a $3.50 coffee - if I can get close to the place - there is a constant line there.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Old Savage wrote:I don't buy $3.50 coffee unless I have a gift card. :D
Would you give a $3.50 donation to a pro gun coffee establishment in exchange for a cup of coffee?
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

First: Dang good to see you posting, Frank, I was worried that you had met with foul play in some dang sandbox :P (or more likely, run off with some warlord's 17 year old daughter and was hiding in some cave someplace)

Second, Starbucks makes a decent mocha, and I'll believe I'll get one that day.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

BlaineG wrote:First: Dang good to see you posting, Frank, I was worried that you had met with foul play in some dang sandbox :P (or more likely, run off with some warlord's 17 year old daughter and was hiding in some cave someplace)

Hi Blaine, nope I'm alive and well and have no desire to complicate my life with a 17 year old female. :lol:

wecsoger, maybe you can answer a question I have regarding grind for a french press. The general notion is that you need a course grind, but I find I get better results using less beans with a drip grind. Any thoughts?

I once saw pictures of a roaster a guy built using a couple SS colanders welded together and put on a rotisserie over a bbq grill. I haven't gone that far, but his reasoning was unroasted beans last forever and could be bought in bulk whereas once beans are roasted, even if they are vacuum sealed, their shelf life is dramatically shortened.
11B30
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

OK I read it - I'll go buy a $3.50 coffee - if I can get close to the place - there is a constant line there.

Savage, the chicks there are amazing - bring your camera.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Haha, ok, good to hear. I hope there is a longer line there than usual on that day, not to make you wait, but to support Starbucks. :D
11B30
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A decent sized Mocha is $5.50....Can you get something for $3.50 :?:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

BlaineG wrote:

A decent sized Mocha is $5.50....Can you get something for $3.50 :?:
Yea, a large (Venti) coffee is around $3.50.

As an aside, I have always had a problem with the way Starbucks uses foreign words for their sizes, so I refuse to use them. I always ask for a large coffee, to which the barista will reply "ok, you mean a Venti", to which I will reply "Yea, a large". :lol: Some don't care, some look puzzled, others get incensed. I prefer the incensed ones, it's funnier. :lol: I'll usually say something like "the word you use makes my mouth sound funny". :lol:
11B30
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Oh boy, this is gonna be a fun thread.

Yeah, to me $3.50 (usually $4.75 at the airports) for a specialty drink is excessive. It does help a lot that I'm going to charge that back as travel expense though. (grin)

Seriously though, Starbucks defined the market. They have a good product, a consistent product and the pro-gun thing (some of them are sorta embarrassed over) is just an added plus. McDonalds has seen the light and is trying to make a dent in that market. They have a price point about half of Starbucks, but they are just not that consistent in quality. Trust me, I've gotten back out on the road, looked at the cup and asked, 'what in the world is this?' The training level of the counter droids at McD's is little less that want we would want for good coffee drinks. (grin)

The general notion is that you need a coarse grind, but I find I get better results using less beans with a drip grind.
Here's a can of worms. I thought musicians and guitar players were a bunch of incredibly overly subjective moody whiners (this one plays better 'cause it's red!) but I've added coffee snobs to the group. I read a review on an espresso maker where the reviewer was talking about the subtle difference he detected in the portafilter and how much better the espresso was when he air dried it, rather than towel dried it.

If you have a way of fixing coffee and you like it. that's good. Go for it. Make yourself happy. You should still experiment some just to see what's out there. But don't listen to some "expert" that says you should only do it /this way/ because /this way/ is the absolutely correct way of going about it.

I have no clue where the nearest Starbucks is to me, I'll have to look it up. But if it works out I'll be there, medium cafe mocha, extra shot please. And I'll be carrying either a Glock 17 or 19 in a Galco shoulder holster, or a G17 or G19 in a Galco *** holster.

edited to add... the forum software doesn't like the letter S and the letter O and the letter B all together and replaces it with ***. So let me just change that to "a G17 or a G19 in a Galco small-of-back holster".
Last edited by wecsoger on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I don't drink much coffee ---its rare that i wake up before 8 AM, so i rarely feel the need for a "kick" in the morning

-- that said,

I like Starbucks and keep a small bulk bag of their espresso roast at the house when i am in the mood, and will occasionally hit the local drive thru for an on-the-road fix --

good stuff --- i'll stop by there on V-day with my handgun deeply concealed :D
----- Doug
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'll buy coffee from Starbucks on Valentines day, not that anyone over here will know about the boycott, :roll: I support any pro gun folks and will not knowingly give my money to any anti gun or anti hunting groups. :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Persoanlly, I don't drink stuff from Starbucks. I like coffee. Not some fru fru stuff. Still, my wife has me properly trained, and when the timing is right (usually two to three days a week), I stop on the way home and get her a coffee (?). The darned things sprang up like poision oak in my area. Between stand alones and kiosks in grocery stores, we have eight or nine of them in town.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

BlaineG wrote:First: Dang good to see you posting, Frank, I was worried that you had met with foul play in some dang sandbox :P (or more likely, run off with some warlord's 17 year old daughter and was hiding in some cave someplace)

This ^^^
Phil
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Whenever you 'support' a pro-gun company, it is VERY important to LET THEM KNOW WHY you are doing so; otherwise they think their 3% 'bump' in sales was due to the weather, or some advertisement they just ran, or whatever.

Supporting them without making SURE their management (not just the cashier) realizes WHY you did so, is just wasting your money.

The same goes for if you're withdrawing business from an anti-gun company.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
375hh1973
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 375hh1973 »

I personally can't stand the taste of coffee but I understand that Starbucks sells deli stuff and bottled water. I will support them on the 14th. It will be the first time I have ever been in one as well, may as well be for a good cause.
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

11B (does that still mean what I knew it to be?)
Well the nearest Starbucks is over 160 miles away ONE WAY, and my pickup gets about 16mpg if I restrain my lead foot, so I'll just have to go to my local grocery and spend $10 on a bag of their beans. I can grind my own, though.
Mark :lol:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Only 86 mi from here to a Starbucks... :?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

I'm not sure if they really have coffee flavored coffee there but I'll probably swing by. I'v known of their pro gun stance for awhile, not sure if its really pro gun so much as a hands off whats legal is legal approach, but thats all I ask for. I dont care of you like me, just leave me alone. I dont usually go but have to meet a younger local yuppie contractor there alot. He buys these mockachina things that run $7.00.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Some clown on youtube had posted an anti starbucks song 2 years ago on this subject.

If he stayed true to his word and honored the bet like he said he did , the NRA got 10 bucks . I offered 10 to the brady bunch if I lost .
Nice !!! Gun safety is very important !!!

Honoring a wager is also important , thank you for both.

I still enjoy your tunes , and wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas , and a safe one as well.

Marlin189444 1 year ago

Of course we still have a few weeks left till the time line is up for our bet .

Marlin189444 1 year ago

@Marlin189444 Marlin, I guess there is little likelihood that Starbucks will reverse course before the end of the year, so you win the wager. I'll send a check to NRA, hoping it will be focused on gun safety. Glad to see no shootings at SBUX as well.

Stay safe!

Rantcaster 1 year ago

@Marlin189444 Just contributed $10 via NRA website.  Happy holidays, and let's hope for a peaceful 2011.

Rantcaster 1 year ago 2

@Rantcaster

Thank You , Gun saftey is very important. Thank you for honoring your wager as well.

You have a safe and very Merry Christmas !!!

Marlin189444 1 year ago

It's December , I googled and found zero shootings at any starbucks for this year , and no changes in starbucks policy .

I think you can send that 10$ to the NRA anonymously ;)

Marlin189444 1 year ago
Phil
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

markinalpine wrote:11B (does that still mean what I knew it to be?)

:

If you are talking Army MOS nomenclature for Infantryman, then thats what it means
----- Doug
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Leverdude wrote:I'm not sure if they really have coffee flavored coffee there but I'll probably swing by. I'v known of their pro gun stance for awhile, not sure if its really pro gun so much as a hands off whats legal is legal approach, but thats all I ask for. I dont care of you like me, just leave me alone. I dont usually go but have to meet a younger local yuppie contractor there alot. He buys these mockachina things that run $7.00.
It's ok Ken, you can get a Chai tea with lowfat soymilk. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
11B30
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

AJMD429 wrote:Whenever you 'support' a pro-gun company, it is VERY important to LET THEM KNOW WHY you are doing so; otherwise they think their 3% 'bump' in sales was due to the weather, or some advertisement they just ran, or whatever.

Supporting them without making SURE their management (not just the cashier) realizes WHY you did so, is just wasting your money.

The same goes for if you're withdrawing business from an anti-gun company.
+ 1 I get some funny looks when I explain why I am or am not a customer, like I said, most of the sheeple over here are ignorant of such matters.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

I consider myself a coffee drinker. I roast my own most of the time. I like it hot, dark and strong. The local Starbucks makes a pretty good cup, I ask for a large coffee, black, and that's what I get. I don't need to use foreign words to get it. I then can sit back and watch the hippie chicks, (well forty years ago they were), and enjoy it. Now I will enjoy it more! Now can someone tell me how I can let their management know why I am enjoying it more?
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

sore shoulder wrote:
Leverdude wrote:I'm not sure if they really have coffee flavored coffee there but I'll probably swing by. I'v known of their pro gun stance for awhile, not sure if its really pro gun so much as a hands off whats legal is legal approach, but thats all I ask for. I dont care of you like me, just leave me alone. I dont usually go but have to meet a younger local yuppie contractor there alot. He buys these mockachina things that run $7.00.
It's ok Ken, you can get a Chai tea with lowfat soymilk. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wheres the teet on a soybean Frank? :P Good to see you around again!
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

This'll be amusing out here in AZ, but I'll slap a nine on my hip and go get a frap just for fun :)
[edit] Oh hey, on Arizona's birthday too, lol
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

I drink two, maybe three cups, of coffee in a year. But, I'll try and remember to stop by and get a cup.
Ricky

DWWC
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

sore shoulder wrote:Gentlemen, it may come as as a surprise to you that Starbucks supports the right to carry in their stores. Due to this, a wacko anti gun group is staging a Starbucks boycott on Valentines Day. Even if you don't belong to the pinky raising coffee crowd and prefer day old warmed over Folgers cause you don't have discriminating taste buds, please support Starbucks on Valentines Day and buy a cup of coffee or something from their deli counter, this is very important that we let Starbucks know that we support the brave stance they are taking on your right to carry.

Also, I want to dispel the internet rumor that goes around every so often that Starbucks doesn't support the troops. I personally drank coffee supplied for free to the Dallas airport USO, including the dispensers, cups, cream and sugar by Starbucks. I've also heard of similar things from other soldiers. The email that keeps circulating is from a Royal Marine claiming that Starbucks wouldn't send them free coffee. Royal Marines are British troops. I personally have no problem with Starbucks not sending free coffee to Brit troops. Maybe someone could send them some tea. Yea, I still carry a grudge lol.

Will do!
I drink Starbucks every day! (love it)
However I get mine at Walmart ($6)for 12oz package of fine ground.
in my Keurig (have the extra single cup screen adapter units) I get 63 cups of fresh coffee each being single brewed for $6 total! :lol:
But for that day might just go to the shop and pay $3 for a cup! (pinky's up) :)
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

I've got one a mile away. I've been through the drive- thru once. I'll stop in and order one up and be sure to let the manager know why I'm there. I'm sure that being a large corporation, they will have some comment cards in house to fill out. I would bet that there is some way to do the same on-line.
Thanks for the heads up.

Kevin
jcw
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jcw »

I've been supporting Starbucks since I found out they support us. They do have drip coffee and some pretty good tea. A tall (small) about 10 or 12 oz. of drip will run you right around $1.85.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I'm in.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I will be there. SightHunter will be with me. My daughter likes Starbucks better than I do.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

sore shoulder wrote:Gentlemen, it may come as as a surprise to you that Starbucks supports the right to carry in their stores.
That is a surprise.....and I dont drink coffee......
I bought my sister and mother.....some kind of mocha BS at the mall once..
and it was over 8 bucks! :shock:

I wonder if they have ice coffee?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Why yes. Yes they do.

I like their scones too.
win7094M1
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win7094M1 »

They have good bakery items if you're not a coffee drinker. If you fancy decaf coffee, they have a decaf that actually tastes like real coffee.
Thanks for the heads up about their Second Amendment support. I will go on 2/14 and get a decaf and two doughnuts (bad boy!)
Winchester M94 30-30 (1980)
Winchester M70 Westerner 30-06 (1982)
Winchester M1 Garand (1942)
Too many others to list - hope to add more levers soon.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

375hh1973 wrote:I personally can't stand the taste of coffee but I understand that Starbucks sells deli stuff and bottled water. I will support them on the 14th. It will be the first time I have ever been in one as well, may as well be for a good cause.
Get a vanilla bean frapuccino - it's like a vanilla milk shake. They make a bunch of other non-coffee beverages as well to include a really great iced tea for less than three bucks.

The thing I like about Starbucks is that I can get one in NYC or LA or Sydney (Australia or Nebraska - take your pick) and it's always going to be consistent and good. Something to be said for that. And I agree - their decaf is actually good!

Cheers,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

madman4570 wrote: Will do!
I drink Starbucks every day! (love it)
However I get mine at Walmart ($6)for 12oz package of fine ground.
in my Keurig (have the extra single cup screen adapter units) I get 63 cups of fresh coffee each being single brewed for $6 total! :lol:
But for that day might just go to the shop and pay $3 for a cup! (pinky's up) :)
I love those dang Keurig machines! One of the hotels that I routinely stay at in NYC has them in the room and it's just fantastic being able to brew a decent cup of Joe in the comfort of one's own room. I didn't know that they make an adapter and I'm going to have to look into that!

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

The Grand View Coffee Shop in Vassalboro, Maine
Last edited by cshold on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

casastahle wrote:The Grand View Coffee Shop in Vassalboro, Maine

My eyes,my eyes (they been done put out) :lol: I'd pay $10 a cup with her selling it! :oops:
Mercy/Mercy (and with that soft sexy voice saying" can I offer you some cream?)

Holy Cow(isn't it great being alive) :shock:
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

That outfit in Vassalboro got burned down back in '09. I'm proud to say that my best friend, Alan Kelley, took down the arsonist. http://www.pressherald.com/news/bellava ... 12-31.html
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

This is exciting! Ringside seat to watch the antis get spanked.

Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Old Ironsights wrote:http://www.voluntaryist.com/
I think the criminals have already got that covered
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

I don't drink coffee, but I like the starbucks smoothies, and I will be there on valentines day, fo sho!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

handirifle wrote:I don't drink coffee, but I like the starbucks smoothies, and I will be there on valentines day, fo sho!
+1 And maybe some of their lemon pound cake! :mrgreen:
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Thanks for all the positive responses gentlemen, and I encourage everyone to repost this around the internet. Not sure if I posted it, but some interesting shirts and hoodies are being sold here, I expect they are seeing quite an uptick in business and will be seen in large numbers on Valentines day by the boycott crowd.

http://www.sportco.com/store/pc/I-Love- ... e-c778.htm

11B30
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I decided to read up on this a little, the anti-gun org that started this has a Facebook page with only 132 "likes". So it can't be much.

I posted a comment but there's no way to post a "dislike". I went to the Starbuck's page and posted a "like" and a comment. Maybe a bunch of positive comments will help them.

http://www.facebook.com/Starbucks

And/or e-mail them directly:

http://www.starbucks.com/customer-servi ... ation-form
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
pricedo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pricedo »

Starbucks is in the same category as Westley Richards, H&H, Night Force scopes, Hummer, Range Rover.

I can't afford their products.

Kept the jar of Folgers in the same spot on the kitchen shelf for years.
NRA & GOA LIFE MEMBER
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

We had breakfast this week with one of my boys and his very serious sweetie. She's a shift manager at Starbucks (as well as works full time with autistic children). Anyway, I mentioned this to them and even up here in Canada they know about Feb 14th and guns. Way to go Starbucks!!! Unfortunately, we can't pack iron into the local Starbucks up here or anywhere else unless it is a legal antique pistol, but we can certainly buy coffee there on Feb. 14th.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
PackinPreacher
Levergunner

Post by PackinPreacher »

Tell you what, show up at the Gaylord, Michigan Starbucks at 10:00 am on the 14th and I'll buy. I'll be wearing a Michigan Gun Owners ball cap. Normally I wear a Marlin .45-70 cap but I already told some that I would don the MGO cap for the day. Open or concealed - either way show them your support.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God ... Romans 1:16
NRA Life Member, SAF Member
VietNam Era Vet (USN/USNR CTT2)